Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sparkly-Star
I'm in. :colondollar:

Bring it on!!!!! :five::biggrin:

Original post by hahaff
crappy bio revision is ruining it for chem5 im doing an all nighter too

same here, but it wasnt worth it at all since the bio went terrible :/:frown:
Reply 901
Does anybody have any good ways of remembering the order of the Period 3 elements from Na to Cl? :/
Jan06,07,08,09 papers anyone?? :smile:
Reply 903
I don't have a good feeling about this exam!!! :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 904
Original post by sam_xo
Does anybody have any good ways of remembering the order of the Period 3 elements from Na to Cl? :/

by looking at the periodic table you are provided with perhaps...
Reply 905
Original post by sam_xo

You get a periodic table?! :tongue:
Where can I find 7.c Jan 2011 from the book? The type of equation can't seem to find it!! :cry2:

Edit:

Also how do we know which way round the equation goes? =/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 907
Reply 908
chelating ligands...anyone fancy teaching me why they're important for stabilty of complexes? are they like edta?
Reply 909
Original post by angel1992
how do you know this, did you do chem4 in jan and you got youe prac mark?

i sat chem 4 a week ago, and did the chem empa so jus gonna get as high as i can. got a fairly decent as grade so hoping for an a overall

Same as me! Only difference is I sat my AS exams in January and did both AS and A2 empas... Really wish I knew what I got for them, don't want to wait til august for them :eek: Really need an A :frown: How did you find Chem 4 on wednesday?
I keep forgetting everything so it looks like I'm gonna have to keep going over it, over and over again.
Reply 911
can someone please explain question 1 b iii from chapter 14 exam style qz in the nelson thornes book. Ive got the answer but don't quite get it.
Have any of you done the Jan 10 paper? If so how did you find it?
Reply 913
Original post by Sparkly-Star
Where can I find 7.c Jan 2011 from the book? The type of equation can't seem to find it!! :cry2:

you have to work it out yourself
you know MnO4- + 5e- + 8H+ -> Mn2+ + 4H2O
and you are told in the question
H2O2 is oxidised to O2
so H2O2 -> O2 + 2H+ + 2e- (I think)
then work out the calculation.
Reply 914
Original post by jwest
chelating ligands...anyone fancy teaching me why they're important for stabilty of complexes? are they like edta?

Yeah they are like EDTA, its usually because in the reaction, you will for more particles on the product side than the reaction side, so there is an increase in entropy. So when you plug in this increase of entropy into the gibbs equation, "DELTA G" will be more negative.

There is also something to do with equilibrium being very far to the product side, but what i said above is fine to get you the marks.

Yepp I've checked there thanks..but the jan ones from 2006 onwards have no chem5 papers anywhere :s-smilie: :confused:
Reply 916
Anyone know what the A* grade boundaries were on this paper during Jan 2010, June 2010 and Jan 2011? thanks.
Original post by kogaht
you have to work it out yourself
you know MnO4- + 5e- + 8H+ -> Mn2+ + 4H2O
and you are told in the question
H2O2 is oxidised to O2
so H2O2 -> O2 + 2H+ + 2e- (I think)
then work out the calculation.

Yeah I managed to figure out that bit until I then realised I didn't know which way round this equation is meant to go... :p:

Edit:

LOL I get it. I think I've got a screw loose.
Original post by Sakildo
Anyone know what the A* grade boundaries were on this paper during Jan 2010, June 2010 and Jan 2011? thanks.

Not too sure but I think someone said 82 earlier :smile:

EDIT: yepp 82 for the jan10 and june10 papers :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 919
Original post by Anon1993
You get a periodic table?! :tongue:

LOL But I can't remember them in order from the Periodic table :frown: I want to know the order off by heart, my teacher had this rhyme thing but I've completely forgotten it! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending