The Student Room Group

AQA - Unit 5 - Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Sparkly-Star
Ok never mind batteries I'm still confused on Born Haber Cycles anyone got a quick way to do it without drawing it?

I think drawing it is the safest bet... if you know all your enthalpy definitions it should be straight forward... you're just converting the compound into its ions one step at a time.

I'm so completely ****ting it right now. 3 hours. 3 more hours. then I longer have any control over my fate :smile:
... I think I am screwed. I do not feel prepared at all and I need a B for university. Good luck though everyone! Hope the paper isn't too bad.
Original post by M | k e
Do it in your head? :P

Hope the Aluminium questions don't come up, seen few posts on this topic about it. And my book says [Al(H20)2(OH)4]-, another one says [Al(OH)4]- and then the markscheme when it came up in a paper said [Al(OH)6]3-. God knows which is right.

Glad biology went well as this could be a shocker :biggrin:

The text book gives it as [Al(OH)4]- in the table on page 243. I'm guessing that's the safest bet :s-smilie:
Reply 1243
Original post by M | k e
Do it in your head? :P

Hope the Aluminium questions don't come up, seen few posts on this topic about it. And my book says [Al(H20)2(OH)4]-, another one says [Al(OH)4]- and then the markscheme when it came up in a paper said [Al(OH)6]3-. God knows which is right.

Glad biology went well as this could be a shocker :biggrin:

The markscheme for the [Al(OH)6]3-, had comments in the side bit saying allow the version that's in the books [Al(H20)2(OH)4]- I think
Reply 1244
100% brickin it
Reply 1245
Original post by OsmosisJones
The text book gives it as [Al(OH)4]- in the table on page 243. I'm guessing that's the safest bet :s-smilie:

Original post by Stirlo
The markscheme for the [Al(OH)6]3-, had comments in the side bit saying allow the version that's in the books [Al(H20)2(OH)4]- I think

Uh oh 2 more different bits of advice :tongue: I assume both of those 2 would work.. I hope. Anyway seen as it came up in.. january 2011? Hopefully won't come up anyway :tongue: Not that I feel much more confident on the rest of the unit :redface:
Reply 1246
Jan11 3d) Separate samples of phosphorus(V) oxide and sodium oxide were reacted with water.
In each case, predict the pH of the solution formed and write an equation for the
reaction.

Just read this and thought they meant the two react with each other oh ****kk... It's like my defence mechanisms are just expecting trick Qs =/
Good luck chaaps!!!!

Really small q, for electronic configuration, the t metals lose 2s before they lose from 3d. But do Cr and Cu lose 14s first then the 3d or do they lose the 3d ones first, and then if theres any left, the 4s ones? I'm really confused :/ Anyone? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1249
Original post by strawberry_cake
Really small q, for electronic configuration, the t metals lose 2s before they lose from 3d. But do Cr and Cu lose 14s first then the 3d or do they lose the 3d ones first, and then if theres any left, the 4s ones? I'm really confused :/ Anyone? Thanks :smile:

They lose their 4s electron first too :smile:
Good luck everyone and thanks for all the help! I wish I had gotten up a bit earlier so I could check if i knew it all. :p:
Reply 1251
Original post by strawberry_cake

they lose from 4s first :smile:
that's why for example Cu+ would have a full 3d10 orbital...
Reply 1252
Original post by Sparkly-Star
Good luck everyone and thanks for all the help! I wish I had gotten up a bit earlier so I could check if i knew it all. :p:

lol same but we just have trust ourselves and give it everything we've got... Good Luck :smile:
Good luck everyone! And stay calm because they can't test us on anything we don't know :smile: Fingers crossed for a nice paper!
Reply 1254
Original post by colabottles
Good luck everyone! And stay calm because they can't test us on anything we don't know :smile: Fingers crossed for a nice paper!

when has that ever stopped aqa? :P
Original post by Seher
when has that ever stopped aqa? :P

:lol: True :tongue: Stop with the negativity, it's gonna be a great paper :wink:
Reply 1256
Original post by colabottles
:lol: True :tongue: Stop with the negativity, it's gonna be a great paper :wink:

sorry :colondollar: :tongue:
Reply 1257
Seemed a surprisingly alright paper to me :s and seemed really short weirdly.
yeah it was good, i dropped marks on the sulfur observations though. quite a bit of physics, which was awesome
All that time I spent learning that table of 6billion different colour changes, and there was only one measly 3 mark question on it!
Thought it was quite a nice paper though, which makes a change for AQA :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending