The Student Room Group

Is it inevitable that Britain or the US will get attacked in the near future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Russia profits from a nuclear Iran, its that simple. A non nuclear Iran, which the UK and the US want means Russia does not profit which will agitate Russia and lead to action. Thats why America, the UK and France won't invade Iran as they don't want other countries to get involved.

No, not really. The Russians are not stupid.

The Russians are not attempt to bankrupt Europe by forcing them to pay extortionate commodity prices, since more than 50% of their trade is with Europe.

Also, it will just cause countries to move to other forms of energy or other suppliers that are more affordable, which will decimate Russian control over energy to Europe.
Original post by DorianGrayism

Also, it will just cause countries to move to other forms of energy or other suppliers that are more affordable, which will decimate Russian control over energy to Europe.

Most of the pipework across Europe is Russian dominated. The fact is, if we just decided to get oil and gas from elsewhere it would mean putting in new infrastructure that would cost a tonne. Considering countries in the EU are already struggling financially, it wouldn't be economically viable. Either that or countries get into more global debt.
Reply 302
Someone's a bit too hyped for Modern Warfare 3.
Reply 303
I think if any country's going for us it will be an Arab one! And yeah I do agree we'll not stand a chance... We're too weak. The worst thing we did was give up our colonies. If it weren't for that we'd have more trade, more oil, more money, more respect. Our commenwealth countries would have boosting economies as well as ours! We probably then wouldn't need the EU dictating how we run our country and making us look like spineless fools!
Reply 304
Original post by J.R.W
I think if any country's going for us it will be an Arab one! And yeah I do agree we'll not stand a chance... We're too weak. The worst thing we did was give up our colonies. If it weren't for that we'd have more trade, more oil, more money, more respect. Our commenwealth countries would have boosting economies as well as ours! We probably then wouldn't need the EU dictating how we run our country and making us look like spineless fools!

We have one of the best trained armies in the world as well as a good navy a brilliant airforce and nukes. Most arab countries would not even be able to launch an attack on the UK or US
Original post by Swimmer

Original post by Swimmer
NATO is nothing. They cant even get rid of Gadaffi in like 4-5 months conflict with best jets and technology.

Yeah they are really **** arent they?

You are incredibly retarded if you think if the war in Libya is a proper war

NATO means nothing. If global warfare broke out, countries would side with those doing their country favours to look after number one.

Yeah why not tell its neighbours with whom it trades with the most, is highly dependent on to **** off to trade with Russia? Awesome idea
Reply 307
Eurasia = Russia /China/ Germany

vs

Monkey islands = USA/UK & and other pariahs.

Gonna happen people the banks are pushing it.
Original post by infernalcradle
see the bold bit....this makes your entire point defunct.

and no, I have never attended grammar school....

and I'm pretty sure everyone understood what I wrote when in response to your post which said the superpowers would use their nukes....

I responded with "they would because that clearly wouldn't cause MAD"......it is very clear what I mean, both its meaning and its sarcasm....

and why would my father be abusive?

since you were so defensive with with your quote.
Original post by Aj12
We have one of the best trained armies in the world as well as a good navy a brilliant airforce and nukes. Most arab countries would not even be able to launch an attack on the UK or US

perhaps not but when the UK asked south korea for what purpose they were making there nukes for? the south koreans turned a blind eye and showed UK the middle finger suggesting mind your own business..

UK/US no respect there just seen as power hoers that dont want other countries to surpass them.
Reply 310
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
perhaps not but when the UK asked south korea for what purpose they were making there nukes for? the south koreans turned a blind eye and showed UK the middle finger suggesting mind your own business..

UK/US no respect there just seen as power hoers that dont want other countries to surpass them.

South Korea is one of the USA's closest allies.

What are you talking about anyway? South Korea has no nuclear ambitions and is protected by the American nuclear shield and the American troops stationed in South Korea.
(edited 12 years ago)
Most of the pipework across Europe is Russian dominated. The fact is, if we just decided to get oil and gas from elsewhere it would mean putting in new infrastructure that would cost a tonne. Considering countries in the EU are already struggling financially, it wouldn't be economically viable. Either that or countries get into more global debt.

They have already decided to build a new pipeline that runs through Turkey.

I think you mean North Korea, and the reason the US don't want North Korea with nukes is because the leaders are complete *******s and it would be going against the status quo of the US if they were to let a communist country have nukes.
Original post by Organ
South Korea is one of the USA's closest allies.

What are you talking about anyway? South Korea has no nuclear ambitions and is protected by the American nuclear shield and the American troops stationed in South Korea.

made a mistake i meant north korea.:colondollar:
Reply 314
made a mistake i meant north korea.:colondollar:

Well the Japanese and South Korea are most worried about North Korea.

I don't understand your objection to the American position on this - king jong il is insane and has proven to be totally unhinged http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10131683 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8156067/Death-toll-rises-after-North-Koreas-missile-attack-on-South-Korea.html.

It is in everybody's interests to isolate North Korea until the eventuality of a united Korea.
Original post by infernalcradle
tbh...UK/US vs. the world....

we would probably win given that the US probably will have all sorts of crazy ass **** that they don't tell anyone about, but are itching to use....

and I reckon those countries that use US planes/tech systems etc. will find them "accidentally" not working as chances are, they will all have remote kill switches for a "just in case" eventuality

USA sees Britain as a no-man's land, there is no loyalty, we were a piece of land they could launch an invasion from when they realised russia was about to break into the middle of europe, the Nazi regime was always going to fall, the USA wanted to land grab while they could, and it nearly caused WWIII. It's well documented at the imminence of Nazi invasion, and inevitable take over, the USA didn't care and would just deal with it, they are separated by 2 oceans and wouldn't have cared less.

They'll use us for what we are useful for, weapons, equipment, but ultimately we are expendable in an all out war.

China and Russia, and North Korea.....maybe Iran? Against the US and UK? HA, we'd be screwed, we know they have weapons, and so do we, but it doesn't matter if most of the populations are wiped out, you can't cheer victory when you're vaporised or in a POW camp.

If you want such a scenario and are so confident in our protector's the US, then move to London, the main target for any attack, and don't go near any bomb shelter or such. See what happens if a war ever does break out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Organ
Well the Japanese and South Korea are most worried about North Korea.

I don't understand your objection to the American position on this - king jong il is insane and has proven to be totally unhinged http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10131683 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/8156067/Death-toll-rises-after-North-Koreas-missile-attack-on-South-Korea.html.

Clearly another American-hater with no basis in argument whatsoever. It's obvious North Korea will eventually collapse and unite with the South but it still scares me that they have 5-10 nukes and counting.

It is in everybody's interests to isolate North Korea until the eventuality of a united Korea.

I doubt North Korea will ever "surpass" the US or the UK so don't worry yourself on that one, if you were in America's shoes I sincerely doubt they'd become best buds with NK for having nukes.
Original post by chrislpp
USA sees Britain as a no-man's land, there is no loyalty, we were a piece of land they could launch an invasion from when they realised russia was about to break into the middle of europe, the Nazi regime was always going to fall, the USA wanted to land grab while they could, and it nearly caused WWIII.

Same again, there is no best buddies relationship between UK/USA, in the event of us being invaded they'd try and gain land if they could, if it came to it. They'll use us for what we are useful for, but ultimately we are expendable in an all out war.

China and Russia, and North Korea.....maybe Iran? Against the US and UK?

If you want such a scenario and are so confident in our protector's the US, then move to London, the main target for any attack, and don't go near any bomb shelter or such. See what happens.

I agree with you on the US's view on us but I doubt they'd ever get into a war with China, too much economic inter-dependence and it would cause chaos, Iran is a tool of Russia's to make profit from their nuclear program and to also push the tide of US influence in the region. The Russians don't like the fact that the US is going crazy in it's back-yard which is why it has vocally opposed the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan but nothing more.

EDIT: Here's a good article I found: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4083148,00.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by I Persia I
I agree with you on the US's view on us but I doubt they'd ever get into a war with China, too much economic inter-dependence and it would cause chaos, Iran is a tool of Russia's to make profit from their nuclear program and to also push the tide of US influence in the region. The Russians don't like the fact that the US is going crazy in it's back-yard which is why it has vocally opposed the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan but nothing more.

EDIT: Here's a good article I found: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4083148,00.html

The US is also well tied with the EU. But it is ever vigilante, it has always known of a threat of the EU uniting more and more....

It's funny, many people are against a united europe, though change the words round a bit and you have European Union. Maps are printed to have states in low priority on the USA, while in Europe, every single on is defined, but I guess it's too late in civilization to change that, with the diverse languages and races that have developed. We didn't have a white supremacist start here wiping out all cultures to replace our own in 17th and 18th centuries.

It's ironic that anyone in the USA can be against Europe becoming a federation of a few dozen states when that is exactly that the USA is itself, each state is basically a small country with it's own government with a representative in the national government....EU even has it's own currency, the only problem EU has is that America has a far better federal government while EU is still full of privately educated ***** thinking they run their own national government. *cough* conservatives *cough*

I doubt they teach people to think like that anywhere, the dumber they keep the average man the more control they have over his vote.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by chrislpp
The US is also well tied with the EU. But it is ever vigilante, it has always known of a threat of the EU uniting more and more....

It's funny, many people are against a united europe as in one land mass or 1 country on a map, but we are already there, and of course you have the ''illuminati!'' tards when it happens.

It's ironic that anyone in the USA can be against Europe becoming a federation of a few dozen states when that is exactly that the USA is itself, each state is basically a small country with it's own government with a representative in the national government....

I doubt they teach people to think like that anywhere, the dumber they keep the average man the more control they have over his vote.

The "Illuminati" one always cracks me up. The federal government actually has no say in the domestic policies of the states but i daresay they're more united than the EU, maybe the US feels threatened by a European superpower? Seems childish to say the least.

As long as they get their point across with big words, they've got your vote.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending