The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Maybe we should meet up during the 23rd July Pre-departure session organised by British Council? Hehe!
Reply 2661
Original post by Isaacchan
visaedit.jpg

hehe :biggrin: anyone flying to london on 10th september? I'll be on SQ322 :smile:

I'll probably be flying off on that weekend as well! Which university are you at? I'll be at King's!
Original post by guy_mjun
I'll probably be flying off on that weekend as well! Which university are you at? I'll be at King's!

i'll be at leeds doing medicine...taking a coach up!
Reply 2663
Anybody headed off the UCL later this year? =D =D?
Anyone who did the IELTS care to tell me more about the experience? I'm taking it quite late (in a month's time, for many reasons)

I just want to have a gauge of the difficulty level for Singaporeans to achieve a band 7.0 and higher. Worry, worry, I've got to meet my conditions by hook or by crook!

Lastly, how did you prepare for it to do well in it???

Thanks!!!
Reply 2665
Hello!
I'm leaving for manchester on 6th Sept. is anyone going to tyhe university of manchester as well?? also, how long does it take to get our CAS to apply for VISA?
thanks! (:
Reply 2666
Original post by unidestiny
Anyone who did the IELTS care to tell me more about the experience? I'm taking it quite late (in a month's time, for many reasons)

I just want to have a gauge of the difficulty level for Singaporeans to achieve a band 7.0 and higher. Worry, worry, I've got to meet my conditions by hook or by crook!

Thanks!!!

i got a 7.5 with no preperation whatsoever hahahaha
oh dear. don't worry! it's easy enough. especially listening. for writing remember to keep to the word limit, and for speaking, try to come up with something even if you have no knowledge the examiner gives you (:

If you want to prepare you can log in to BC and use their practice materials.
From what i hear most SIngaporeans have no problem getting above a 7 :smile:

where'd you apply to?
Hi, this is my first post here:smile:

I just graduated from Nanyang polytechnic. I did a Diploma in Molecular Biotechnology with merit, and my cgpa is 3.88.

May I know if my diploma could be used to apply for accounting & finance, or management degrees in LSE and Warwick?

This is because I have a unrelated diploma.

Furthermore as quoted from the LSE website: As the Singapore Polytechnic Diploma is not endorsed by the Ministry of Education, students will not be eligible for consideration unless they provide a sufficient number of A Levels or other acceptable qualifications.

Does it really confirms that regardless of which diploma we have, the Singapore Diploma is generally not accredited?

Thanks in advance
Reply 2668
Original post by unidestiny

Thanks!!!

Its very easy...i got a 8.5 for listening, speaking, reading and a 7.5 for writing... overall it was a 8.5....for a singapoean to go through this test would be almost an insult but we have no choice sometimes

Dun worry too much...its just like ur oral examination u did in primary n sec sch + compositions and comprehensions albeit much much simpler
Original post by Pioneer5
Its very easy...i got a 8.5 for listening, speaking, reading and a 7.5 for writing... overall it was a 8.5....for a singapoean to go through this test would be almost an insult but we have no choice sometimes

Dun worry too much...its just like ur oral examination u did in primary n sec sch + compositions and comprehensions albeit much much simpler

agreed, although I only got an 8.0. But don't worry too much la unidestiny, most unis are only looking for 6.5 - 7.0 and max score is 9.0. It's pretty easy. :smile:
Hi, I am new on this forum. Just wondering, does anyone know how long the visa processing takes? Because I have to travel on 3 Aug, and I'm worried it might be too late to apply for visa when I come back.
Original post by smellypotato
Hi, I am new on this forum. Just wondering, does anyone know how long the visa processing takes? Because I have to travel on 3 Aug, and I'm worried it might be too late to apply for visa when I come back.

I just applied last week & I'm told that I'll receive it by next week latest (about 5 working days). When did you apply?
I haven't applied. I may have to travel for work the following week, so I was worried that my passport may not be available if I applied on Monday as planned, or it might be too late to apply when I come back. But I've decided not to travel, just to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help though!
Reply 2673
i applied on 18 Jul and they said my visa was ready for collection on 21 Jul
Reply 2674
Hi,

Has anyone started preparing the packing list already?

I'm curious as to what will be necessary items that we have to bring over (things cheaper and easier to get over here).

So far, I've been told to bring the following

1) rice cooker (i'm staying in self-catered accommodation)
2) stationaries

Anything else to add apart from stuff like laptop, camera etc?
Reply 2675
Original post by silentears
Hi, this is my first post here:smile:

I just graduated from Nanyang polytechnic. I did a Diploma in Molecular Biotechnology with merit, and my cgpa is 3.88.

May I know if my diploma could be used to apply for accounting & finance, or management degrees in LSE and Warwick?

This is because I have a unrelated diploma.

Furthermore as quoted from the LSE website: As the Singapore Polytechnic Diploma is not endorsed by the Ministry of Education, students will not be eligible for consideration unless they provide a sufficient number of A Levels or other acceptable qualifications.

Does it really confirms that regardless of which diploma we have, the Singapore Diploma is generally not accredited?

Thanks in advance

Hi, you can drop an email to the schools that you intend to apply to and check with them. That's what a friend did before applying to the schools.
Original post by jingyao
Hi, you can drop an email to the schools that you intend to apply to and check with them. That's what a friend did before applying to the schools.

Thanks anyway, the admission office said that the diplomas in singapore polytechnic are not accepted.
Original post by jingyao

Original post by jingyao
Hi,

Has anyone started preparing the packing list already?

I'm curious as to what will be necessary items that we have to bring over (things cheaper and easier to get over here).

So far, I've been told to bring the following

1) rice cooker (i'm staying in self-catered accommodation)
2) stationaries

Anything else to add apart from stuff like laptop, camera etc?

I think you can refer to Newcastle University's guide for international students. It looks pretty comprehensive :smile: Print it out! Hope that helps~
Reply 2678
Original post by Metastasis
I think you can refer to Newcastle University's guide for international students. It looks pretty comprehensive :smile: Print it out! Hope that helps~

Thanks! I'll check out the website.
Reply 2679
Original post by silentears
Thanks anyway, the admission office said that the diplomas in singapore polytechnic are not accepted.

Sorry to hear that. How about the other universities?

Quick Reply

Latest