The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by -aimz
Yeah 3D didn't really make a difference. Just to make it look more 'spectacular' I guess, which it was anyway!
And it would be nice for them to include everything, but it was already a movie in 2 parts to include all the big things, let alone the details!

:wink:
Reply 1861
Just a thought - someone could have done this much better a bit like Doctor Who. 45 minutes every week, I just feel that all of the films were a bit rushed, especially the last 2. I hope that in 30 years time or so someone does this and does it properly. It would be amazing.
Original post by soulofanewmachine
Doesn't really make any difference, you just have to sit through the film wearing silly dark glasses. You stop even noticing the 3D after the first few minutes.

Yeah, was just darker really...
Reply 1863
I loled at how easily Harry snapped the world's most powerful wand.
Original post by F.I
Yah, I can't wait until it come out on DVD - then i can officially rinse the movie.

Today: Hyper active
Tomorrow: post-Harry Potter depression, and finally realising its the end.

I hope Pottermore is as good as its made out to be.

AGREED X100000

I'm gonna get it on DVD, then I shall get Part1, watch it, then watch Part 2, then start from Year 1 and repeat.....:colone:
My friend and I thought Harry was about to make out with Voldemort just before they fell off the cliff :tongue:

So sad it's over! :bawling:
Original post by jhe
i loled at how easily harry snapped the world's most powerful wand.

Another one omfg! He didn't even repair his Phoenix wand!!!
Reply 1867
SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

I thought it was overall a great film, but what kind of annoyed me was the lack of intensity. Sure, it's good to have SOME humour when things get too serious, but there were times when I felt it was out of place. Voldemort's awkward laughter when he pronounced Harry dead was the worst example of this. It was too comical to take seriously. When Voldemort announced Harry dead, there was also no emotion from the crowd. Sure, they may have been shocked, but then when Voldemort died, there was also no final emotional highpoint. Harry walked back into the castle and people were talking about the most insignificant things, having silly conversations over the ruins of the school and the corpses of their friends and family. Lol, I know I'm being picky but it was so awkward how there was no elation over the victory. Things FLATTENED out... We seemed to forget the fact that Fred, Lupin and Tonks, among many others, DIED!

Other than that, I thought it was a very powerful film. The acting was strong, the interactions between Harry and his parents, Sirius etc. were really moving. Alan Rickman was absolutely FANTASTIC. I never really understood Snape's character from the book, but his death in the movie was terrifying. The whole time he was being attacked, I kept thinking: Harry, that's your teacher, the one who's treated you foully for all these years, but save him! The death was moving because it wasn't played up in any way. No emotional music. Just the thudding of his body against the glass as the snake tore him up. It seemed to take forever.

ANYWAYS, enough being melodramatic! haha, really though, I recommend this movie for fans and non-fans alike :biggrin: It might have its flaws but it marks the end of an era, and it does a fine enough job of letting everyone know why Harry Potter is (one of?) the highest grossing series of all time!
Reply 1868
Original post by I Persia I
Ok, I must admit, it was OK, but they left teensy details out that pissed me off... i.e in the book, Crabbe's Fiendfyre destroyed the Diadem, however in the movie it was the basilisk fang, not much emphasis was put on Molly's duel with Bellatrix, Harry and Voldemort's duel occurred in the Great Hall however in the film it was the courtyard, Ollivander had no idea what the Deathly Hallows were in the book, but in the film he explained them to Harry, in the book, the contents of Bellatrix's vault kept replicating and didn't stop, unlike the movie, there was nothing about Harry and Voldemort jumping off a cliff :s-smilie:. I also wanted a longer McGonagall-Snape duel... I don't know... do y'all agree?

They make it different on purpose; else what would be the point of the movie?
BTW some guy behind me asked if Ollivander was Dumbledore... I was about to punch him!

HAHA ikr!

:lolwut: <--The exact face I would have given them.
Original post by bluesky42
My friend and I thought Harry was about to make out with Voldemort just before they fell off the cliff :tongue:

So sad it's over! :bawling:

Everyone did! I know :'(, she should definitely do prequels and more Beedle the Bard type books.
Yh, they did miss out quite a lot. I was looking forward to the Carrows and Harry Crucioing them... Ok that sound weird.

But the thing is, the films have to adapt to those people who don't read the books and because they've been so... Liberal... With their plpots in the past and changed the story, the last film wouldn't make sense if they kept to the book.

In terms of the usual HP movies, it keep very much to the plot!

(did anyone notice, from certain angles Griphook looked like a short and pale Carlos Tevez. ^_^
nyyaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One thing to say for the film - it made me wish JK Rowling would write more books! :sad:

I had totally come to terms with there being no more Harry Potter after the 7th book, and thought it was probably the right decision. But the ending of the film made me realise that maybe some more stories wouldn't hurt! There's definitely potential there.
Original post by taigan
SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

I thought it was overall a great film, but what kind of annoyed me was the lack of intensity. Sure, it's good to have SOME humour when things get too serious, but there were times when I felt it was out of place. Voldemort's awkward laughter when he pronounced Harry dead was the worst example of this. It was too comical to take seriously. When Voldemort announced Harry dead, there was also no emotion from the crowd. Sure, they may have been shocked, but then when Voldemort died, there was also no final emotional highpoint. Harry walked back into the castle and people were talking about the most insignificant things, having silly conversations over the ruins of the school and the corpses of their friends and family. Lol, I know I'm being picky but it was so awkward how there was no elation over the victory. Things FLATTENED out... We seemed to forget the fact that Fred, Lupin and Tonks, among many others, DIED!

Other than that, I thought it was a very powerful film. The acting was strong, the interactions between Harry and his parents, Sirius etc. were really moving. Alan Rickman was absolutely FANTASTIC. I never really understood Snape's character from the book, but his death in the movie was terrifying. The whole time he was being attacked, I kept thinking: Harry, that's your teacher, the one who's treated you foully for all these years, but save him! The death was moving because it wasn't played up in any way. No emotional music. Just the thudding of his body against the glass as the snake tore him up. It seemed to take forever.

ANYWAYS, enough being melodramatic! haha, really though, I recommend this movie for fans and non-fans alike :biggrin: It might have its flaws but it marks the end of an era, and it does a fine enough job of letting everyone know why Harry Potter is (one of?) the highest grossing series of all time!

I couldn't agree more!

Original post by AspiringGenius
Yh, they did miss out quite a lot. I was looking forward to the Carrows and Harry Crucioing them... Ok that sound weird.

But the thing is, the films have to adapt to those people who don't read the books and because they've been so... Liberal... With their plpots in the past and changed the story, the last film wouldn't make sense if they kept to the book.

In terms of the usual HP movies, it keep very much to the plot!

(did anyone notice, from certain angles Griphook looked like a short and pale Carlos Tevez. ^_^

I'd like to have seen Harry's aggressive side haha! LOL @ Griphook (I thought the "ph" was an f tbh :|).
Reply 1875
ron an hermionie werent supposed to kiss in the chamber of secrets :angry:
Another one omfg! He didn't even repair his Phoenix wand!!!

THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT! I was like 'why are you snapping that?! Now you can't fix your phoenix wand!!!!!'
Original post by diamonddust
Oh I laughed out loud at that!

I wish I could go to Hogwarts! :sad:

Yeah, the whole cinema burst out laughing at that part. The same thing for the hug- most. awkward. hug. ever.
Reply 1878
Original post by diamonddust
Being a muggle sucks! I want to be Luna Lovegood!

I remember when they were auditioning for her :P It came on newsround :awesome:

I know, she is so amazing! Although when she sat by Neville in the end, he looked old enough to look like her father (compared to her)

Original post by Tenbinza
Just a thought - someone could have done this much better a bit like Doctor Who. 45 minutes every week, I just feel that all of the films were a bit rushed, especially the last 2. I hope that in 30 years time or so someone does this and does it properly. It would be amazing.

Nah, I don't it will be remade.

Original post by Niki_girl
AGREED X100000

I'm gonna get it on DVD, then I shall get Part1, watch it, then watch Part 2, then start from Year 1 and repeat.....:colone:

:colone: Indeed, by the time I'm 22 I'm sure I will know the screenplay of by heart.
(edited 12 years ago)
Meh, I'm dissappointed that absolutely none of Dumbledore's story was told, and I thought the part here they shoed Snape's memories was a little brief, still beautifully done, but alot of it was missed out :frown:

I also saw it in three D but eventually began to take my glasses off as I could see it better then, some of it was just too dark
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest