The Student Room Group

Most intelligent, creative and well written TV shows

Scroll to see replies

The Inbetweeners

The Simpsons

The Big bang theory

Comedy is a hard thing to right but those ones write it well. I know however The Simpsons has the advantage of being a cartoon and a familiar one with familiar characters....but it's written well.
Reply 121
Prison break.

South park.

DJkG.1 show.
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Community

so happy someone else knows this show :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i thought the US office was pretty good too. The humour can be a lot different to the british one at times, but both of them are pretty good.

so the british one could maybe be put here too, since it brought that mockumentary style into the open.

Another show i thought was well intelligent was House, but maybe that's because a lot of the words smart, medical terms :ashamed:
Original post by Tofu-Fa
I only watch a couple of shows, so:

30 Rock.
The Big Bang Theory.
NCIS.
Fringe. (Well, maybe not THAT well written, given how much of a mindf*** it is a lot of the time.)

NCIS? One of the most generic and obvious US shows there is!
Hustle.
Reply 125
Original post by mevidek
None of the ones you've added, they're **** (well at least in my view).

Some of the best are Monty Python, Goodies, Dad's Army, Angry Boys, The Inbetweeners, Outnumbered, Mock the Week, Summer Heights High, Ripping Yarns, Allo! Allo!, South Park and many, many others.

Have you ever actually watched Arrested Development? I find it hard to believe that anybody could think that MTW is better than AD
Reply 126
Distinct lack of people mentioning Frasier. One of the best written shows out there imo.
Reply 127
An Idiot Abroad. Karl Pilkington is toooo funny.
Reply 128
The IT Crowd, guaranteed to make me smile. Actually quite surprised no-one's said it yet, but there we go.

And, erm, Horrible Histories on CBBC ^^ . Definitely creative and it teaches children (and adults pretending to be children, such as myself) all sorts of fun facts =D .
The Mentalist
The Killing
Harpers Island
Law and order. vanilla and SVU
You are all wrong, Supernatural is the best show that has ever existed. :smile:
Also add studio 60 on the sunset strip, Futurama to that (the jokes in futurama are so well crafted, consistent and generally funny, the good writing shines through)
Reply 133
DAMAGES
Reply 134
SPARTACUS - best written show ever.

lies fall from your mouth like **** from ass.

"You best get his c*ck inside you, or find a blade in it's place."

"You kiss my cheek, only to finger my ass?

At last, the gods remove c*ck from f**cking ass!
Reply 135
Damages.
Probably the most intelligent/well-written/polished show I've ever watched, love it!
Original post by Wahala
SPARTACUS - best written show ever.

lies fall from your mouth like **** from ass.

"You best get his c*ck inside you, or find a blade in it's place."

"You kiss my cheek, only to finger my ass?

At last, the gods remove c*ck from f**cking ass!

Fantastic post is fantastic.
Friends
Reply 138
Monty python?
Reply 139
Original post by J_90
Big Bang Theory.

Im sorry but your sig just made my day :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest