The Student Room Group

Am I stupid?

I have a question for you all. Was this written by an annoying arrogant smartass giving their honest opinion on someone they consider to be extremely ******ed, or is it just a genuinely intelligent person venting in a sarcastic and self-deprecating way for attention and emotional support because they think they’re stupid when they’re not? I got grade 4 and 5 (equivalent to a C) in most subjects despite learning a lot and people such as teachers, psychologists, adult family members etc believe that I’m “highly intelligent” but I get bullied by people claiming to think I’m dumb and I can’t tell if they genuinely believe that or if they’re saying it to get a reaction does me thinking that render me stupid? Signs a self-typed INTP 5w4 is actually a mistyped ESFP 6w7 They boast about how they always seem to score high on 5 and 7 and low on 1, 2 and 3 on online Enneagram tests. You lie about your grades and claim that your grades are lower than his (and he got mostly C’s and D’s). You tell them that they are far too hard to type and can literally not be pigeonholed into any personality system of any form or nature as a politically correct way to inform them that they’re actually extremely unintelligent and a type they certainly don’t want to be. They always dress like either a somewhat weird late 1980s early 1990s middle-aged upper middle class British male hipster with argyle sweaters and cargo shorts or a 16-year-old slav, with Adidas and khaki. They constantly change their style. One year they are unhealthily obsessed with Sweden and with a strong desire to be Swedish for no reason. The next they are all black, goths, dark academia. Then they start fixating on sanriocore, dreamcore, weirdcore, grunge, and school shootings. If they’re transgender you always think of them as their birth gender instead of the gender they would strongly desire to be (in most instances female to male). They will never leave you alone (especially if SX378 SLUEN) and only want to talk to you about either themselves and how intelligent special creative big brain high IQ cool hipster freethinker fashionable they think they are, personality types, food, questions if certain things are stupid or simlike or sluglike (because they’re both self-conscious and can’t think for themselves), and funny scenarios and characters they’ve invented (they think that they’re unique and superior by being able to do such a thing when in reality literally every ******* human on the planet can do that, as well as even more complex **** that the XNTP wannabe could never comprehend) and they desperately want your validation if it’s “funny” or not (because they’re 3’s or 4w3’s). They became a vegetarian (but not a vegan because “pRoTeIn DeFiCiEnCy SlOwS yOuR mEtAbOlIsM + would never dream of ceasing to eat chocolate) and whenever they go to the supermarket they purchase foods they believe will make them superior by eating, such as mushrooms, cauliflower, Greek yoghurt, tofu, cottage cheese, plain porridge, dark chocolate, cheap Polish instant ramen, brioche, peppermint and licorice tea. They would secretly much rather like beef lasagne ready meals, cottage pie ready meals, caramel chocolate, fruity pies, massive portions of cake all to themselves, and bacon sandwiches They have always looked 2 or 3 BMI points higher than their actual BMI. If they have a BMI of 19 they look BMI 21. If they never had an eating disorder, they would most likely be overweight (from age 9 onwards they started gradually fattening up until age 13 when they developed anorexia and somehow lost 50 lbs over the course of a few years. That’s probably how they’ll be punished in the eternal black void of their psuedo-logical psuedo-scientific edited Christian belief entirely derived from nightmares as well as premonitions when stoned, exponentially fattened up for eternity while also somehow having their tongue pulled out into infinity and not allowed to eat anything and having to experience extreme hunger for eternity that only gets worse). You are not a Christian, but you claim to be one just to not hurt their feelings and make them jealous, and you pretend to be a Christian by asking them questions about god, heaven and hell, and sinning. You know they are and always will be a devout young earth creationist flat earther at heart. They try to have hair like XKCDhatguy but instead they look exactly like Jack Black or Robert Maudsley. Then they dye it ginger because they’re going through another phase, aspire to look exactly like a ginger-haired version of Mouse from the Matrix but instead look like a creepy autistic French 10-year-old girl. But you’re not allowed to tell them the truth because it would hurt their feelings. They went through a phase where they dreamt of studying pharmacology at university, faked an interest in ‘gardening’ and ‘foraging’ and ‘medicinal herbs’ but only for the drugs, and impulse purchased two cans of Benylin (with ugly packaging) that they never actually even drank due to calorie anxiety (“iF i DrInK tWo BoTtLeS i WiLl GaIn 10 LbS iNsTaNtLy”). The year after they got caught smoking joint ends they found on the floor on a walk, which caused them to panic about dying (because they’re 1L) and impulsively panic-strikenly call an ambulance because they genuinely believed they were dying. They tried to keep it a secret, but failed laughably. They also take nutmeg an average of five times a year. You can tell they’re stoned when they say stupid things a lot, act hyper but also extremely anxious at the same time, enter pseudo-trances in which they consciously stare but they can still hear your voice and see what’s in front of them, ask questions about their symptoms, fabricate stupid psuedo-philosophical propositions that make no sense at all, and come up with a few more funny imaginary scenarios (you also have to tell them that they’re more creative than most people when in reality you know they’re a lot less). They’re extremely selfish and only ever want to talk about themselves. They force themselves to and claim to prefer the 1980s/1990s over the 2020s because they think that’s what intelligent people do, glamorize older decades, and they’re only doing it for attention and so that everyone else thinks they’re sMaRt, when they are inherently and permanently extremely 2020s considering the fact they learn foreign languages (Dutch but then Finnish but then Russian but then German but then Hebrew) on Duolingo, play childish Sega games on a flatscreen television in an untidy bedroom overflowing with unbearably 2020s-esque white minimalistic furniture, and have an older smartphone model than yours (e.g. an iPhone 5S but they would claim to never dream of owning an iPhone 15). You’re aware that if you tell them a certain band is stupid (Manic Street Preachers and Stereophonics and Oasis are objectively on the same level of stupidity as Coldplay and Imagine Dragons and Ed Sheeran) they will instantly stop listening to it. They boast about how their psychologist once assessed their IQ and the result was 117 (and would be higher if autism was absent) but in reality it’s something more like 83. When they ask you if they’re 6w5/4w5 over 6w7/4w3 you force yourself to say 6w5 or 4w5, but if you’re not careful you easily say 6w7 4w3 unintentionally. When you’re tired you’re also more likely to say “I think you’re an ISFP 4w3” or “I think you’re an ESFP 7w8” and it slightly offends them whenever you say that. Their music taste is stuff like drum and bass, UK garage, trance (all of these have to be released prior to 2004 OR ELSE), IDLES, Pavement, The Cranberries, Sonic Youth, and pre-2015 Grimes (Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Visions, etc). They find your music taste “boring” “ugly” “stupid”. They have daddy issues and their overprotective ESTJ 8w7 father places restrictions on them and infantilizes them in such a shockingly embarrassing way due to their impulsive hysterical violent meltdowns they had when they were younger. They enjoy eating food much much much much more than you do and are basically Nikocado Avocado except they count calories religiously and exercise a ******* big canny amount, but they don’t want to admit it. They frequently say things that don’t make sense at all, and you correct them. You yourself say stupid things just as much if not more, but they never notice because they’re so stupid. They get told “Your idea/theory/belief/concept/proposition/question/etc/whatever is so stupid” quite a lot. You type them as XNTP due to stupid arguments and excuses that they would be smart enough to notice and argue against if they really were XNTP, e.g. “creative and imaginative so high Ne” and “is never emotional most of the time but somethings gets really really ******* emotional so high Ti”. They think they’re a high Ti user because they say “I feel uncomfortable can you please not speak to me” when their ESTJ 8w7 father talks down to them. They claim to feel emotionally flat most of the time but are a lot more emotional (to the point of being histrionic and melodramatic) than they think. They know you pretend to be INFP 4w5 415 sx/sp RLUEI IEI and they noticed that you’re smarter than them so they think you’re INTP 5w4 514 sp/sx RCOEI ILI but you know you are actually a very introverted ENTP 7w6 794 sp/sx SLUAI ILE but they’re too stupid to think for themselves and rely on stereotypes that only a dumb person would believe. All of the things they type themselves as (either INTJ 5w6 584 sp/sx RLOEI ILI LEFV melancholic-choleric, INTP 5w4 594 sp/sx RCUEI ILI LVEF phlegmatic (domintant), ENTP 7w6 784 sp/sx ILE FLEV phlegmatic-sanguine, or ISTP 9w8 954 sp/sx RCUEI SLI FLEV) are utterly laughable and makes them look tiny and funnily massively inferior when compared to those four typings. They write very stupid illogical pieces of writing in a psuedo-philosophical pseudo-sarcastic manner but can only do so when stoned and whenever they’re stoned they feel like the intelligentest philosophist in the world ever of all time !!! !!1!!1
You may want to use the edit button to pop some paragraphs in there as people are more likely to read it.
Original post by Admit-One
You may want to use the edit button to pop some paragraphs in there as people are more likely to read it.

Edit button does not exist when you’re anon.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have a question for you all. Was this written by an annoying arrogant smartass giving their honest opinion on someone they consider to be extremely ******ed, or is it just a genuinely intelligent person venting in a sarcastic and self-deprecating way for attention and emotional support because they think they’re stupid when they’re not? I got grade 4 and 5 (equivalent to a C) in most subjects despite learning a lot and people such as teachers, psychologists, adult family members etc believe that I’m “highly intelligent” but I get bullied by people claiming to think I’m dumb and I can’t tell if they genuinely believe that or if they’re saying it to get a reaction does me thinking that render me stupid? Signs a self-typed INTP 5w4 is actually a mistyped ESFP 6w7 They boast about how they always seem to score high on 5 and 7 and low on 1, 2 and 3 on online Enneagram tests. You lie about your grades and claim that your grades are lower than his (and he got mostly C’s and D’s). You tell them that they are far too hard to type and can literally not be pigeonholed into any personality system of any form or nature as a politically correct way to inform them that they’re actually extremely unintelligent and a type they certainly don’t want to be. They always dress like either a somewhat weird late 1980s early 1990s middle-aged upper middle class British male hipster with argyle sweaters and cargo shorts or a 16-year-old slav, with Adidas and khaki. They constantly change their style. One year they are unhealthily obsessed with Sweden and with a strong desire to be Swedish for no reason. The next they are all black, goths, dark academia. Then they start fixating on sanriocore, dreamcore, weirdcore, grunge, and school shootings. If they’re transgender you always think of them as their birth gender instead of the gender they would strongly desire to be (in most instances female to male). They will never leave you alone (especially if SX378 SLUEN) and only want to talk to you about either themselves and how intelligent special creative big brain high IQ cool hipster freethinker fashionable they think they are, personality types, food, questions if certain things are stupid or simlike or sluglike (because they’re both self-conscious and can’t think for themselves), and funny scenarios and characters they’ve invented (they think that they’re unique and superior by being able to do such a thing when in reality literally every ******* human on the planet can do that, as well as even more complex **** that the XNTP wannabe could never comprehend) and they desperately want your validation if it’s “funny” or not (because they’re 3’s or 4w3’s). They became a vegetarian (but not a vegan because “pRoTeIn DeFiCiEnCy SlOwS yOuR mEtAbOlIsM + would never dream of ceasing to eat chocolate) and whenever they go to the supermarket they purchase foods they believe will make them superior by eating, such as mushrooms, cauliflower, Greek yoghurt, tofu, cottage cheese, plain porridge, dark chocolate, cheap Polish instant ramen, brioche, peppermint and licorice tea. They would secretly much rather like beef lasagne ready meals, cottage pie ready meals, caramel chocolate, fruity pies, massive portions of cake all to themselves, and bacon sandwiches They have always looked 2 or 3 BMI points higher than their actual BMI. If they have a BMI of 19 they look BMI 21. If they never had an eating disorder, they would most likely be overweight (from age 9 onwards they started gradually fattening up until age 13 when they developed anorexia and somehow lost 50 lbs over the course of a few years. That’s probably how they’ll be punished in the eternal black void of their psuedo-logical psuedo-scientific edited Christian belief entirely derived from nightmares as well as premonitions when stoned, exponentially fattened up for eternity while also somehow having their tongue pulled out into infinity and not allowed to eat anything and having to experience extreme hunger for eternity that only gets worse). You are not a Christian, but you claim to be one just to not hurt their feelings and make them jealous, and you pretend to be a Christian by asking them questions about god, heaven and hell, and sinning. You know they are and always will be a devout young earth creationist flat earther at heart. They try to have hair like XKCDhatguy but instead they look exactly like Jack Black or Robert Maudsley. Then they dye it ginger because they’re going through another phase, aspire to look exactly like a ginger-haired version of Mouse from the Matrix but instead look like a creepy autistic French 10-year-old girl. But you’re not allowed to tell them the truth because it would hurt their feelings. They went through a phase where they dreamt of studying pharmacology at university, faked an interest in ‘gardening’ and ‘foraging’ and ‘medicinal herbs’ but only for the drugs, and impulse purchased two cans of Benylin (with ugly packaging) that they never actually even drank due to calorie anxiety (“iF i DrInK tWo BoTtLeS i WiLl GaIn 10 LbS iNsTaNtLy”). The year after they got caught smoking joint ends they found on the floor on a walk, which caused them to panic about dying (because they’re 1L) and impulsively panic-strikenly call an ambulance because they genuinely believed they were dying. They tried to keep it a secret, but failed laughably. They also take nutmeg an average of five times a year. You can tell they’re stoned when they say stupid things a lot, act hyper but also extremely anxious at the same time, enter pseudo-trances in which they consciously stare but they can still hear your voice and see what’s in front of them, ask questions about their symptoms, fabricate stupid psuedo-philosophical propositions that make no sense at all, and come up with a few more funny imaginary scenarios (you also have to tell them that they’re more creative than most people when in reality you know they’re a lot less). They’re extremely selfish and only ever want to talk about themselves. They force themselves to and claim to prefer the 1980s/1990s over the 2020s because they think that’s what intelligent people do, glamorize older decades, and they’re only doing it for attention and so that everyone else thinks they’re sMaRt, when they are inherently and permanently extremely 2020s considering the fact they learn foreign languages (Dutch but then Finnish but then Russian but then German but then Hebrew) on Duolingo, play childish Sega games on a flatscreen television in an untidy bedroom overflowing with unbearably 2020s-esque white minimalistic furniture, and have an older smartphone model than yours (e.g. an iPhone 5S but they would claim to never dream of owning an iPhone 15). You’re aware that if you tell them a certain band is stupid (Manic Street Preachers and Stereophonics and Oasis are objectively on the same level of stupidity as Coldplay and Imagine Dragons and Ed Sheeran) they will instantly stop listening to it. They boast about how their psychologist once assessed their IQ and the result was 117 (and would be higher if autism was absent) but in reality it’s something more like 83. When they ask you if they’re 6w5/4w5 over 6w7/4w3 you force yourself to say 6w5 or 4w5, but if you’re not careful you easily say 6w7 4w3 unintentionally. When you’re tired you’re also more likely to say “I think you’re an ISFP 4w3” or “I think you’re an ESFP 7w8” and it slightly offends them whenever you say that. Their music taste is stuff like drum and bass, UK garage, trance (all of these have to be released prior to 2004 OR ELSE), IDLES, Pavement, The Cranberries, Sonic Youth, and pre-2015 Grimes (Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Visions, etc). They find your music taste “boring” “ugly” “stupid”. They have daddy issues and their overprotective ESTJ 8w7 father places restrictions on them and infantilizes them in such a shockingly embarrassing way due to their impulsive hysterical violent meltdowns they had when they were younger. They enjoy eating food much much much much more than you do and are basically Nikocado Avocado except they count calories religiously and exercise a ******* big canny amount, but they don’t want to admit it. They frequently say things that don’t make sense at all, and you correct them. You yourself say stupid things just as much if not more, but they never notice because they’re so stupid. They get told “Your idea/theory/belief/concept/proposition/question/etc/whatever is so stupid” quite a lot. You type them as XNTP due to stupid arguments and excuses that they would be smart enough to notice and argue against if they really were XNTP, e.g. “creative and imaginative so high Ne” and “is never emotional most of the time but somethings gets really really ******* emotional so high Ti”. They think they’re a high Ti user because they say “I feel uncomfortable can you please not speak to me” when their ESTJ 8w7 father talks down to them. They claim to feel emotionally flat most of the time but are a lot more emotional (to the point of being histrionic and melodramatic) than they think. They know you pretend to be INFP 4w5 415 sx/sp RLUEI IEI and they noticed that you’re smarter than them so they think you’re INTP 5w4 514 sp/sx RCOEI ILI but you know you are actually a very introverted ENTP 7w6 794 sp/sx SLUAI ILE but they’re too stupid to think for themselves and rely on stereotypes that only a dumb person would believe. All of the things they type themselves as (either INTJ 5w6 584 sp/sx RLOEI ILI LEFV melancholic-choleric, INTP 5w4 594 sp/sx RCUEI ILI LVEF phlegmatic (domintant), ENTP 7w6 784 sp/sx ILE FLEV phlegmatic-sanguine, or ISTP 9w8 954 sp/sx RCUEI SLI FLEV) are utterly laughable and makes them look tiny and funnily massively inferior when compared to those four typings. They write very stupid illogical pieces of writing in a psuedo-philosophical pseudo-sarcastic manner but can only do so when stoned and whenever they’re stoned they feel like the intelligentest philosophist in the world ever of all time !!! !!1!!1

I love scrolling as much as the next person, but my finger hurts. As Admit-one said already, let your words have a bit of space.

Your last bit must be tongue in cheek, as it basically describes your blurb.

Greg
Original post by Talkative Toad
Edit button does not exist when you’re anon.

Copy the text and paste it into a reply here, then put paragraphs in it.
Original post by Admit-One
Copy the text and paste it into a reply here, then put paragraphs in it.

Ah yeah i know that you can do that, it’s a shame that you can’t edit anon posts directly without making a new post.

Also have no idea what the OP is talking about but anyone bragging their grades in an arrogant or self-absorbed manner and/or looks down on others for not getting similar grades is someone that should be ignored or called out for their behaviour. I’ve seen people who are like this first hand.

Quick Reply

Latest