The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eco1234
do bloomberg offer an insight scheme for 1st years? (I've checked their website can't seem to find it but I have read things about an internship there....)??

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Bloomberg's summer internship scheme is open to all university students I remember a friend applying for it last year in his first year and getting an interview. Top tip if you do get an interview don't do what he did and mention your interested in banking and have done spring weeks apparently it opens you up to a barrage of questions...
Reply 241
1.Do you guys do any practice on numerical, competency and psychometric tests? Anyone knows a website where I could do some practice papers free of charge?

2. Is the competitiveness significantly higher for the summer internship compared to the spring internship?
Reply 242
Original post by Sickboy
1.Do you guys do any practice on numerical, competency and psychometric tests? Anyone knows a website where I could do some practice papers free of charge?

2. Is the competitiveness significantly higher for the summer internship compared to the spring internship?

I don't know about competitiveness but you can get practice tests on efinancial careers website and on the SHL site as well.
Reply 243
For which banks do they take in 2nd year students?
Original post by ciembalo
For which banks do they take in 2nd year students?

All banks offering spring weeks will take 2nd year students who are on a 4 year course.
Reply 245
when is every1 applying??
Reply 246
Original post by LawQC
when is every1 applying??

Why is a QC applying for a spring week?
Reply 247
Original post by Sir KBS
Why is a QC applying for a spring week?

im studyin maths at cambridge
Reply 248
Where can I find the application page for MS? They're all for 2011
Original post by mcp2
Where can I find the application page for MS? They're all for 2011

It hasn't re-appeared yet. Check back in a few weeks.
Reply 250
Original post by LawQC
im studyin maths at cambridge

Evidently not English.
Reply 251
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
It hasn't re-appeared yet. Check back in a few weeks.

Aye aye Captain
Reply 252
Original post by Zweihander
Yes, everyone on the spring week is invited to interview/AC, except for Goldman.

Don't ask, don't get. What does AC mean?
Reply 253
Original post by mcp2
Don't ask, don't get. What does AC mean?

Somebody got slated so badly for asking this earlier. AC = Assessment Centre

Maybe it would be of use creating a sticky thread with all the appropriate IB acronyms? If it's considered a good idea I don't mind putting it together.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 254
Original post by I'mSet

Maybe it would be of use creating a sticky thread with all the appropriate IB acronyms? If it's considered a good idea I don't mind putting it together.

Went to rep you and I've apparently already done so. Thanks! I guess it would be a good idea to make a jargon thread.
Original post by I'mSet

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Investment_Banking_and_Consultancy_Acronym_Glossary
Original post by I'mSet

That guy was applying to penultimate internships though; it's pretty reasonable to not know when you start first year to be honest.
Reply 259

Verbal reasoning tests from SHL seems pretty hard for me, I got 80%. Whats the score you need to get when applying for a job in IB?

Latest

Trending

Trending