The Student Room Group

Which medical schools don't look at GCSE's?

I'm applying for medical school now, but haven't got the best GCSE's and I'm planning to apply to peninsula, Briton/Sussex, Southampton and keele.
I was just wondering whether these medical schools looked at Gc
cSE's and whether there are others that don't look at GCES's that I havent yet looked at! Alll suggestions welcome, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
They all do. You need to meet minimum requirements of a B in English, Maths and the sciences I believe, and some then go on to specify A*s (e.g. Birmingham) and some ask for a certain number of points (e.g. St George's).
Reply 2
To an extent, they all look at GCSEs, but some taken them into more consideration than others.
It's a case of doing the research of the universities you want to apply to and reading their requirements very carefully.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about what you have to declare on your UCAS. Someone might correct me here, or you may discover somewhere else, but you may not have to declare any grades that you think may bring down your overall application. I would think almost certainly though that you have to at least declare science, maths and English GCSEs to apply for medicine so it's important that you have good grades in these subjects
Reply 3

Original post by Oggz
They all do. You need to meet minimum requirements of a B in English, Maths and the sciences I believe, and some then go on to specify A*s (e.g. Birmingham) and some ask for a certain number of points (e.g. St George's).

Ok thanks - just some don't ask for anything specific i.e peninsula!
Reply 4
Original post by Flugel

Original post by Flugel
To an extent, they all look at GCSEs, but some taken them into more consideration than others.
It's a case of doing the research of the universities you want to apply to and reading their requirements very carefully.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about what you have to declare on your UCAS. Someone might correct me here, or you may discover somewhere else, but you may not have to declare any grades that you think may bring down your overall application. I would think almost certainly though that you have to at least declare science, maths and English GCSEs to apply for medicine so it's important that you have good grades in these subjects

Brill thanks :smile: will have a closer look!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending