The Student Room Group

Are these grades good enough for medicine

I take bio chem psychology and core maths at a level and I’ve been quite scared thinking maybe my grades aren’t enough to get into medical school I really want to go to a uni in London but now I’m not sure if I’ll be able to
English lit-7
English lang-6
Maths-6
Science-76
Geography-5
Health and social-l2P
RE-6
Art-6
Depends entirely on which unis you apply to.

UCL and Imperial only require minimum grades in English language and for UCL, maths, and don't score GCSEs after that point. But you need to do the BMAT (if applying this year - BMAT will cease to exist next year and it's unknown what may replace it at different unis). Other medical schools in London may score GCSEs formally (in which case I would recommend not applying there).

As long as you just aim to apply to universities with just minimum GCSE requirements that don't score GCSEs otherwise, you will be fine. You should look at medical schools outside of London as you need to accept the odds of being able to remain in London for your entire medical career are extremely slim, especially now that as I understand it foundation post allocation is essentially random. Sooner or later with the rotational training system that exists for doctors, the chances are very, very high you will need to move out of London and live and work somewhere else.

So you may as well accept that now and widen your options to maximise your chances of getting into medicine in the first place.
Are you applying this year or next?
Reply 3
Original post by hannychica
Are you applying this year or next?

Next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending