The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jevira
Start with UBS, they won't do these spring insights. Too risky. Just practice there. (And if you want to, make screenshots and upload them.)

lol what do you mean, they won't do these spring insights?
Reply 441
It was ironic. Just one or two days ago they said to kill of 2000 jobs (edit: in IBD) or something like that.
(edited 12 years ago)
I would apply for JP soon because it's deadline is coming up! And also to BarCap because it's on a rolling basis.
Original post by woods.vanessa
I would apply for JP soon because it's deadline is coming up! And also to BarCap because it's on a rolling basis.

Yeh as soon as i can answer their stupid questions. Barcap and RBS applications are so long winded.
Reply 444
Is someone applying to CS? I'm out.

After reviewing your application we regret to inform you that we will not be moving forward with your candidacy. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide you specific feedback.
Original post by jevira
Is someone applying to CS? I'm out.

Oh crap! Forgot to do the numerical lol let me do it now!
Sorry to hear that though:frown:
I thought they didn't review apps until the new year?
Reply 447
I thought the same way.

One thing's also interesting: today came an email from DB in which they asked me to upload CV, high school certificate etc. But I did upload them. After having logged in there I saw that there was an application for an asset mngmnt internship in Frankfurt - which I didn't apply for! The same time, they rejected me for the spring insight (but there is written on their FAQ page that they won't send rejections until the places aren't full. I think there are still places - deadline is in Dec. - I wrote them an email back but didn't hear anything yet)
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I thought they didn't review apps until the new year?

No, they review all apps received at the end of this month and then after the deadline
Original post by jevira
I thought the same way.

One thing's also interesting: today came an email from DB in which they asked me to upload CV, high school certificate etc. But I did upload them. After having logged in there I saw that there was an application for an asset mngmnt internship in Frankfurt - which I didn't apply for! The same time, they rejected me for the spring insight (but there is written on their FAQ page that they won't send rejections until the places aren't full. I think there are still places - deadline is in Dec. - I wrote them an email back but didn't hear anything yet)

Wow, that's really strange. Not sure what to make of that really. Why did they need high school certificates? Did you have examples of leadership & EC's?
Reply 450
Wow, that's really strange. Not sure what to make of that really. Why did they need high school certificates? Did you have examples of leadership & EC's?

Doesnt High School Certifate mean Abitur (D) or Matura (CH)? I meant this. haha.

Yes, it's really strange. Perhaps I impressed them so ****ing much that they wanted to offer me a right internshipt straight away lol. Haha.

My only EC's are that I worked for nearly 3 years in high school time 20%, and now am working for an asset mngmnt firm (but am anything relevant doing, though).

Hoping that things will go well.
Reply 451
I've got two questions:

1. How will they check up on our A-level grades? I haven't received my certificates yet. For people who finished their A-levels this summer, when are you getting your certificates?

2. I have three cases of work experience and they're all very relevant so that's taking up a lot of my CV. I find myself struggling to find space for going into detail about ECs (although it's the usual malarkey: finance societies, sports clubs, charity fundraising). I've listed them in two lines in my "Interests" section, would that be okay or do I need to go in more depth about them? I'd rather prioritise space for experience.

thanks and good luck to everybody.
Original post by jevira
Doesnt High School Certifate mean Abitur (D) or Matura (CH)? I meant this. haha.

Yes, it's really strange. Perhaps I impressed them so ****ing much that they wanted to offer me a right internshipt straight away lol. Haha.

My only EC's are that I worked for nearly 3 years in high school time 20%, and now am working for an asset mngmnt firm (but am anything relevant doing, though).

Hoping that things will go well.

It might have been due to your scores on the numerical tests etc, I've heard that it's all down to practice and technique. Please keep us updated on the rest of your applications.

btw I know someone who has a SW offer at UBS, he didn't apply for it through the usual methods though.
Reply 453
Well, DB didn't even send me a link for any test. I think they just decide on basis of your CV+CL.

**** happens - life goes on :smile:

Btw: yes, it's all about practice. Even if I won't get any SW offer, I will certainly be prepared for summer internship apps (well, just the tests though:P)
(edited 12 years ago)
A very good point being made here. Even if you get rejected for SW at least it will prepare you for the application process, tests and interviews (if it gets to that stage) as practice for summer internships. So even if you've ended up with no offer, it's still quite useful.
Reply 455
Hey guys, if I'm doing a 4 year course will I be automatically rejected for spring weeks this year?
Thanks and good luck with your applications!
if someone tells you to feel free to contact them if you need "assistance" with an application...are they basically saying that they'll pull strings for you?
if someone tells you to feel free to contact them if you need "assistance" with an application...are they basically saying that they'll pull strings for you?

Highly doubt it, it probably means "If you are a dumb noob who doesnt know how to upload a CV, give me a shout"
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Highly doubt it, it probably means "If you are a dumb noob who doesnt know how to upload a CV, give me a shout"

Lol possibly, but would a director waste his time emailing a dumb noob?
Reply 459
Lol possibly, but would a director waste his time emailing a dumb noob?

tbh mate, if you have all these contacts etc, why are you wasting your time filling out online applications.

Latest

Trending

Trending