The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
I didn't do that as they had the motivational question, frankly I had to shorten my CL and highlight what they asked for. Including your CL with CV... Don't know wether that would be a good idea or not. Pro: providing more information. Con: not reading the instructions as they are stated.
Reply 541
well cover letters in general should be no longer than 350 words i think 300 is a good number
Original post by a10realmadrid
Hey, for the JP Morgan app, it only specifies that we need to submit a CV not a CL, are any of you guys submitting a CL with the CV to increase your chances of getting an offer?

If anything that might get your app thrashed sooner. Their recruitment desk is so busy, they hardly have the time to even look at your CV properly.
thanks for the feedback, I thought maybe providing more than they asked for might be beneficial, but from your feedback it seems it is better to just stick to the motivational question

thanks
Reply 544
Hey, I'm from Germany and I'll try to get in one of the programmes in LDN as well. Since job & internship applications are done quite differently here, I'm trying to figure out what the difference between an actual CL and the statement of motivation is that JPM requires. I mean, usually the main point of an CL is your motivation, (and maybe why "you think you are suited for this position" etc.). Would appreciate your thoughts. What else is JPM going to ask for once I hit the register to apply button?
Reply 545
Es wimmelt hier ja nur so von UP-lern :biggrin:
What tests does MS use for SW applications?
Same as for Summer. Kenexa
Reply 548
News: DB rejected me for their asset management internship and are now considering me for an internship in finance.

Lol, they seem to be idiots.
Reply 549
Original post by i_hate_teeth
What tests does MS use for SW applications?

Really easy ones.
Original post by jevira
News: DB rejected me for their asset management internship and are now considering me for an internship in finance.

Lol, they seem to be idiots.

Hardly newsworthy
Reply 551
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Hardly newsworthy

The really thing I wanted to say was the second part of my post. So if one of you will go to DB: youll go to stupid ppl. haha :P

(Attention: ironic)
Original post by jevira
The really thing I wanted to say was the second part of my post. So if one of you will go to DB: youll go to stupid ppl. haha :P

(Attention: ironic)

You really need to improve your English. (I'm being serious) *concerned face*
Finally sent off my J.P. Morgan app. Now for MS.....
Time to do some psychometric test practice....
Reply 554
You really need to improve your English. (I'm being serious) *concerned face*

I know...

I'd appreciate it if you would tell me how I should do it exactly...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jevira
I know...

I'd appreciate it if you would tell me how I should do it exactly...

I'm guessing you're at university in England? Then you'll eventually get very proficient so don't worry, for now I guess you could invest in some sort of language guide? Or maybe there's some sort of language service offered by your uni?
Reply 556
does any1 know whether gs do telephone interviews? or any1 know they application procedure....
Reply 557
I'm guessing you're at university in England? Then you'll eventually get very proficient so don't worry, for now I guess you could invest in some sort of language guide? Or maybe there's some sort of language service offered by your uni?

No, I'm Swiss and am studying in Switzerland. But how did you come to the conclusion that I got to improve my English?
Reply 558
Had my RBS interviews yesterday after sending my application off early September.

All the other applicants were cool, except one snobby guy...
Interviews were with grads nearing the end of their programme, nice to talk to.
Received a call today telling me I've been successful =)
Happy days.
Reply 559
Original post by Chetz92
Had my RBS interviews yesterday after sending my application off early September.

All the other applicants were cool, except one snobby guy...
Interviews were with grads nearing the end of their programme, nice to talk to.
Received a call today telling me I've been successful =)
Happy days.

Well done mate! What division will you be with?

Latest

Trending

Trending