The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by jack_the_ripper
how hard was JP Morgan test??

I thought it was really easy. But it is SHL I think all of them are supposed to be the same level of difficulty just depends on what questions you get.
Original post by miml
I thought it was really easy. But it is SHL I think all of them are supposed to be the same level of difficulty just depends on what questions you get.

how many questions and how much time, plus what type of quetions, were there any ratio or hard graph questions??
Reply 702
how many questions and how much time, plus what type of quetions, were there any ratio or hard graph questions??

Can't remember, but the usual 20 minutes for 18 questions probably. And yeah you always get a couple ratio/graph questions in there. All the SHL tests just select questions from a massive bank so it's not entirely certain what you'll get. But certainly there will be ratios/graphs involved - it's a numerical after all.

Go on the SHL site to practice if you don't know what to expect. Honestly though, they aren't hard after you've done one.
Reply 703
Has anyone heard back after the Morgan Stanley phone interview? Or know how long it will take for them to get back to us?
Reply 704
Original post by miml
Can't remember, but the usual 20 minutes for 18 questions probably. And yeah you always get a couple ratio/graph questions in there. All the SHL tests just select questions from a massive bank so it's not entirely certain what you'll get. But certainly there will be ratios/graphs involved - it's a numerical after all.

Go on the SHL site to practice if you don't know what to expect. Honestly though, they aren't hard after you've done one.

hey,

is morgan stanley just numerical test?
Reply 705
Original post by eco1234
hey,

is morgan stanley just numerical test?

Yep sure is, from what I can remember
Reply 706
Hi !

Do you know how long it takes before JPM gets back to us to tell us the results of the numerical test and if we go to the next stage ?

Thanks!
Reply 707
I know this is spring weeks, and most people are applying to BBs. I'm not even sure how many people are applying to trading... but if anyone is considering places like Optiver/Tibra etc here is an example of their numerical test

http://www.tradertest.org/

Medium is probably the right sort of level. Maybe a bit harder than most places, but from reading around the internet perhaps a bit easier than Optiver/Tibra.
Has anyone applied to GS? Is there a section in the application form regarding employee referrals?
how hard was JP Morgan test??

Really quite straight forward, at least compared to practice tests.

There weren't any odd-ball questions. They give 8 practice questions before the real test and I remember it was unbelievably hard, I was really concerned thinking the practice tests are just a warm up for the real thing. However the real test turned out to be much easier, I think I finished it with 4 minutes to spare. Not that I intended to finish it that early but once you give your answer you can't go back so I couldn't use the extra time to go over previous questions.

Bear in mind this is coming from a physics student so numericals aren't too challenging for me. It's the logical tests where I start to **** my pants.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Really quite straight forward, at least compared to practice tests.

There weren't any odd-ball questions. They give 8 practice questions before the real test and I remember it was unbelievably hard, I was really concerned thinking the practice tests are just a warm up for the real thing. However the real test turned out to be much easier, I think I finished it with 4 minutes to spare. Not that I intended to finish it that early but once you give your answer you can't go back so I couldn't use the extra time to go over previous questions.

Bear in mind this is coming from a physics student so numericals aren't too challenging for me. It's the logical tests where I start to **** my pants.

I'm glad i wasnt the only one who struggled with the practise test then. I think i retook it like 6 times but the actual test was straightforward

From the two types of test I've done so far, I actually prefer Kenexa.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I'm glad i wasnt the only one who struggled with the practise test then. I think i retook it like 6 times

Tell me about it! I was just sitting there thinking wtf :s-smilie: SHL practice tests are generally quite difficult anyway (imo), have you tried their practice 50 min tests? I think you're supposed to answer 38 questions or something but I struggled to do 30 in that time.

Oh well at least the real ones were okay, relief!
Reply 712
I did the JPM one two days ago. In SHL tests you can choose the language, right? I've chosen german, way easier to understand the questions for me. Somebody just said there were 18 q's in 20 mins, I had 18 q's in 25 (!) mins. Nearly 1.5 mins per question - quite relaxing.

Does the recruiting team make a difference between tests taken in a non-english language? Can they even know it? I don't want to get sort out just because I didn't take the test in english... :s-smilie:
WTF, typed a cover letter for MS, went to submit and then there was an error. Went to re-submit, find that my cover letter has disappeared... :rant:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
WTF, typed a cover letter for MS, went to submit and then there was an error. Went to re-submit, find that my cover letter has disappeared... :rant:

It happens... Most of the logins have 30 minute time-outs so if you write anything which takes longer than 30 minutes, you'll get timed out and lose your work. I'd do everything in a Word document and paste it. Can be a hassle with the formatting, but better a 2 minute hassle sorting the formatting than having to rewrite the whole thing.
Original post by Doughnuts!!

Their website is pretty atrocious tbh.

When I uploaded my CV (as a docx and again as a doc file) for some reason it messed up the formatting and the alignment is all weird when they show it in the preview of the whole application at the end.
Reply 716
thats pretty standard, don't worry about it when they print it itl be fine

When I uploaded my CV (as a docx and again as a doc file) for some reason it messed up the formatting and the alignment is all weird when they show it in the preview of the whole application at the end.

The website is horrific. I swear I saw somewhere that the deadline for spring insight application was 30th of Dec on on page and the 12th on another.....

I've always been told to submit CVs as PDF as apparently it doesn't screw with the formatting, may want to try that in the future :smile:
What questions came up in MS phone interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending