CS Rejection

Still being considered
UBS
GS
BoAML
Nomura
HSBC

When did you get the CS rejection?
Sorry to hear about that :frown: But you still have 5 more :smile: And it is expected to get rejected by most.
Have you not applied to RBS or BarCap?
who else finds the numerical tests hard??
Reply 1582
Original post by jevira
JPM IB Rejection
DB Rejection
MS Rejection
CS Rejection

Still being considered
UBS
GS
BoAML
Nomura
HSBC

Don't worry you still have more and hopefully you will get an interview for those!

Was there a numerical test for DB? / did they send it automatically?
Original post by jevira
JPM IB Rejection
DB Rejection
MS Rejection
CS Rejection

Still being considered
UBS
GS
BoAML
Nomura
HSBC

Can I ask which uni are you at and studying what?
what system is Citi's test operated on?
Not as a current applicant but as a potential applicant next year I have a question. There are people on this thread being rejected without an interview from the likes of LSE and Cambridge. Is this simply down to not doing well enough in the aptitude tests or lack of prior experience (although if this is SW I doubt they ask for any experience, or do they?). Because you guys obviously have the target uni, which I thought was the thing that got you to the interview.
do i need to upload a cover letter for HSBC??
Reply 1587
Original post by Ram92
When did you get the CS rejection?
Sorry to hear about that :frown: But you still have 5 more :smile: And it is expected to get rejected by most.
Have you not applied to RBS or BarCap?
That's life. At least we are prepared for next years summer apps :wink:. BarCap no, because I'm to lazy to write an essay. RBS is just 3 days, right? I think they wont take for one reason: They would have to approach me from Switzerland :P. I think they wont invest in me since there are hundreds/thousands of other excellent candidates.
CS rejected me some days after taking the numerical/verbal test. I failed there.

Original post by EBITDA.3
Don't worry you still have more and hopefully you will get an interview for those!

Was there a numerical test for DB? / did they send it automatically?
My DB app was for Frankfurt. They didn't send out tests, rejected me like two month after submitting my app.

Original post by sportycricketer
Can I ask which uni are you at and studying what?
Banking and Finance in Zurich. You?
(edited 12 years ago)
what system is Citi's test operated on?

Why? have you received test invite?
Original post by fudgesundae
Not as a current applicant but as a potential applicant next year I have a question. There are people on this thread being rejected without an interview from the likes of LSE and Cambridge. Is this simply down to not doing well enough in the aptitude tests or lack of prior experience (although if this is SW I doubt they ask for any experience, or do they?). Because you guys obviously have the target uni, which I thought was the thing that got you to the interview.

Not necessarily, studying at a target Uni certainly stands you in good stead but a well rounded application should be demonstrated. eg. Good test scores, good answers to competency questions, Extra-Curriculars et.c
Reply 1589
Original post by jevira

That's life. At least we are prepared for next years summer apps :wink:. BarCap no, because I'm to lazy to write an essay. RBS is just 3 days, right? I think they wont take for one reason: They would have to approach me from Switzerland :P. I think they wont invest in me since there are hundreds/thousands of other excellent candidates.
CS rejected me some days after taking the numerical/verbal test. I failed there.

I can understand the RBS one. However for BarCap its not an essay, just a few questions. And the word limit is quite low so you do not have to write much! Have a go :smile:.
Good luck on the rest of the applications.
on my UBS app I can re-upload my CV, WTF?? i've spotted a mistake in my CV and ive re uploaded my new CV is that the CV that HR will look at?
umm do citi and hsbc have tests? i applied to both a month ago and have heard nothing
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Why? have you received test invite?

yeah I've had it since 20th and been waiting to see what people say about its system
Original post by jack_the_ripper
on my UBS app I can re-upload my CV, WTF?? i've spotted a mistake in my CV and ive re uploaded my new CV is that the CV that HR will look at?

how did you do that?

I didn't upload a CV for UBS? I thought they had that strange application system?

err...you can upload a CV to UBS? :s-smilie:

I couldn't when I did it, I thought their application was made that way, hence all the tedious forms of grades, work experience etc.?
yeah I've had it since 20th and been waiting to see what people say about its system

I thought they didnt have any tests so this is news to me. Seems like you are the only one with it as well. Good luck
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I thought they didnt have any tests so this is news to me. Seems like you are the only one with it as well. Good luck

really? :s-smilie: thanks! How can i be the only one though? lol
Reply 1598
have most people used the same cover letter just changing company specific info? i know it's not a big deal, but the cover letter/ motviation aspect is ruining my life!
Reply 1599
really? :s-smilie: thanks! How can i be the only one though? lol

citi dont have tests - maybe u applied for the wrong job.

Latest

Trending

Trending