The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Hey guys, I did use the search tool but forgive me if this has been asked before. I have just completed the tests for Credit Suisse and my application has been updated to be "received". Does this mean I have passed them or is it just the standard reply.

Forgive my naivety if this is a silly question, this is an early foray into the world of IB, so go easy on me!

Thanks
Reply 1841
Standard reply.
Original post by WHITKA
Hey guys, I did use the search tool but forgive me if this has been asked before. I have just completed the tests for Credit Suisse and my application has been updated to be "received". Does this mean I have passed them or is it just the standard reply.

Forgive my naivety if this is a silly question, this is an early foray into the world of IB, so go easy on me!

Thanks
Reply 1842
Original post by jevira
Standard reply.

Many thanks for the quick reply, appreciated.
HSBC - I have had no test.... Who here has????
Original post by natashabedford
HSBC - I have had no test.... Who here has????

I haven't had one either but apparently your app gets pre screened. when did you apply?
guys just did my numerical test for cs and i totally f**ked up, had to guess the last 6 questions :s-smilie: ive done loads of them before but i got stuck this time on one question and i got reaaly nervous with the timer and then it all collapsed. arrrrr f**k. do you think i should withdraw my application?? if so what should i put as reasons for withdraw??
Original post by thecodman
guys just did my numerical test for cs and i totally f**ked up, had to guess the last 6 questions :s-smilie: ive done loads of them before but i got stuck this time on one question and i got reaaly nervous with the timer and then it all collapsed. arrrrr f**k. do you think i should withdraw my application?? if so what should i put as reasons for withdraw??

Don't withdraw. Let them give you an answer. For all you know their pass mark could be low (unlikely but not impossible) or you didn't end up doing as bad as you think in the tests. You have nothing to lose by waiting for them to reply.
Reply 1847
With 6 guessed questions it's impossible to get it to interview stage. (excluding the possibility that you are the One)
Original post by soczek322
I haven't had one either but apparently your app gets pre screened. when did you apply?

2 weeks ago. u?
Reply 1849
Original post by jevira
With 6 guessed questions it's impossible to get it to interview stage. (excluding the possibility that you are the One)

Not if all the questions were right.
Original post by natashabedford
2 weeks ago. u?

I applied on the 19th December... all of you out there how long did you have to wait for HSBC test invite/rejection? Thanks

and what about boaml?
anyone got any offers/interviews???
Reply 1852
Original post by miml
Not if all the questions were right.

If that was the case, you would be the One Haha :biggrin:
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Don't withdraw. Let them give you an answer. For all you know their pass mark could be low (unlikely but not impossible) or you didn't end up doing as bad as you think in the tests. You have nothing to lose by waiting for them to reply.

Cheers for the words of encouragement mate :smile: dont really think i have a chance but yh nothing to lose still got more applications to do :tongue: so any offers/interviews for you??
Reply 1854
BP interview anyone? no?
Just got raped by RBS logical..... how do you all think you did?
What have people put for the IT skills section on the Barclays Capital application form? What do they class as basic/inter/advanced skills in word/excel?
Original post by A-friend99
What have people put for the IT skills section on the Barclays Capital application form? What do they class as basic/inter/advanced skills in word/excel?

To be advanced I'd say you need to be completely comfortable doing all the day to day stuff, and to know what macros are and how you use them, be OK to mess around with templates, mail merges, building blocks, etc...
Reply 1858
Has anyone had an interview for cs?
Original post by soczek322
Just got raped by RBS logical..... how do you all think you did?

Familiar feeling for everyone. Most passed, including me. You should receive the outcome in the next day or 2

Latest

Trending

Trending