The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gangst
possibly?? I know BP make an active effort to recruit from LSE, so would be surprised if it wasn't open to LSE...

hmmm

If you look at the banner on the website that Hackett posted you'll see that it says UCL Economics and Finance Society. That group space page was created by one of the EFS committee members. Nonetheless it's probably worth applying to the scheme; if you're interested in trading.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2181
has anyone heard anything from gs yet?
Reply 2182
Original post by ft1234*
I applied for summer, youhave to do personality test, numerical and verbal. then telephone interview then AC. had my telephone interview waiting to hear back for an AC

Wow are you a first year?
When did you apply?
Thanks.
Reply 2183
Original post by WHITKA

do GS test??

if nobody has heard, i'd assume they wait till the application deadline then assess all apps.
Reply 2184
Original post by binepa
Wow are you a first year?
When did you apply?
Thanks.

Yeah first year, I applied about 2 weeks ago.

I did the personality test, passed they send you an automatic rejection if you don't. Then a couple of hours later got invites for numerical and verbal (I think there was a verbal anyway not 100%)

Then after I'd done them, got invited for interview the next day. had that recently and I passed now my application has been passed on to be considered for an AC.
Original post by ft1234*
Yeah first year, I applied about 2 weeks ago.

I did the personality test, passed they send you an automatic rejection if you don't. Then a couple of hours later got invites for numerical and verbal (I think there was a verbal anyway not 100%)

Then after I'd done them, got invited for interview the next day. had that recently and I passed now my application has been passed on to be considered for an AC.

I thought they only do spring for first years?
Original post by WHITKA

I recall someone in this thread getting something about 2 weeks ago
Original post by soczek322
I recall someone in this thread getting something about 2 weeks ago

Don't think anyone got anything from GS. GS and MS screen towards the end of the deadline.
Reply 2188
I thought they only do spring for first years?

it's a retail internship not IB.
Reply 2189
Original post by natashabedford
Don't think anyone got anything from GS. GS and MS screen towards the end of the deadline.

MS have handed out a bunch of phone interviews and AC already
I know for a fact that GS don't assess any of the applicants by online tests as they don't see it as a valid way to assess the applicants.
Also they are one of the few banks that DON'T operate on a roll-on basis as they wait for all the applications to be submitted by the deadline.
I know this cos I've been to a networking event exclusively for my uni and thats what they repeated again and again
anyone heard anything from UBS yet?
Just been having a brain storm about who's done what so far and I thought I'd stick it here seeing as everybody seems to be asking questions. Feel free to correct me as I've probably missed some things!

GS - No news yet. (Potential offer? Unverified)
JPM - Interview invites and rejections. Don't think anybody is still waiting?
Citi - Numericals sent out for some. Others waiting.
MS - Most still waiting. Mention of some phone interviews and AC for early applicants.
CS - Some rejections and phone interviews. Others waiting. At least 1 AC and even (1?) offer reported.
DB - Rejections and interview invites sent out. Others waiting.
BNPP - No news as far as I'm aware. Waiting.
UBS - Tests sent out. Some rejections post-tests? Most waiting.
RBS - Some AC invites out. Others waiting. 1 rejection pre-test.
BarCap - AC invites out just recently. Others still waiting. I think I read somebody had a phone interview. Can anyone confirm this or any rejections?
Nomura - Some numerical invites. Others still waiting as far as I can remember.
BoAML - No news. Waiting.
HSBC - Phone interviews for early applicants. Some numericals just come out and at least 1 rejection.

Like I said, please add to this so then we can all keep on top of things! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Outsanity
Just been having a brain storm about who's done what so far and I thought I'd stick it here seeing as everybody seems to be asking questions. Feel free to correct me as I've probably missed some things!

MS - Most still waiting. Mention of some phone interviews for early applicants. Can anybody confirm?
CS - Some rejections and phone interviews. Others waiting. Even (1?) offer reported?
RBS - Some AC invites out. Others waiting. Any rejections to report?
BarCap - AC invites out just recently. Others still waiting. I think I read somebody had a phone interview. Can anyone confirm this or any rejections?
HSBC - Phone interviews for early applicants. Some numericals just come out and at least 1 rejection.

Like I said, please add to this so then we can all keep on top of things! :tongue:

Yep I think they already held 1 (or maybe more) ACs
Reply 2195
Original post by Outsanity

MS - Most still waiting. Mention of some phone interviews for early applicants. Can anybody confirm?
CS - Some rejections and phone interviews. Others waiting. Even (1?) offer reported?
RBS - Some AC invites out. Others waiting. Any rejections to report?

Yep can confirm MS have had phone interviews and AC invites.

And I got a rejection from RBS...somehow without being invited to the tests!! Am I the only one?

Good work
Yep I think they already held 1 (or maybe more) ACs

Original post by Ram92

And I got a rejection from RBS...somehow without being invited to the tests!! Am I the only one?

Good work

Cheers guys, edited accordingly.
Reply 2197
Original post by Ram92

Good work

No, that happened to me as well! I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time applying
Original post by EBITDA.3
No, that happened to me as well! I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time applying

Was it for Markets or Banking
Morgan Stanley AC Invite :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending