The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by TomasK
Indeed, but it makes the whole recruiting process a pain for them. Reading 500 word essays and all.

By the way, this may sound like a stupid question, but what is the compeptency question that's 250 words long?

500 word essay + 250 word competency. As my BNPP application is playing up on me (as in not being able to log in at times etc.)

Would greatly appreciate it if somebody pointed that out for me.

Cheers

yeah i had that problem mate, i found the way round it was to click apply, then new applicants, search for the spring week, then just use your existing details to log you back in to your saved stuff.

i thought 500 words was a bit long as that was the max so settled for about 250ish, people lose interest very quickly and no one wants to read a mini essay on an app form.
did you all write the full 250 words for each of the RBS questions?
Reply 2242
Original post by gangst
yeah i had that problem mate, i found the way round it was to click apply, then new applicants, search for the spring week, then just use your existing details to log you back in to your saved stuff.

i thought 500 words was a bit long as that was the max so settled for about 250ish, people lose interest very quickly and no one wants to read a mini essay on an app form.

they wouldn't give you 500 words if they weren't interested, doesn't mean they will read it all obviously but if you've written too little they won't think you are that interested.
Reply 2243
Original post by ft1234*
they wouldn't give you 500 words if they weren't interested, doesn't mean they will read it all obviously but if you've written too little they won't think you are that interested.

concise :wink:
Original post by jevira
Damn, tried to sound a bit easy at my HSBC app. I failed. Haha. Straight rejection.

GS, BoAML, Nomura (99% rejection) and UBS (dito) left.

I think your in the exact same position as me

have you been invited to any interview/ACs yet?
Would people say they are getting rejected, due to the possiblity of a lack of relevant work experince?
Reply 2246
Original post by Hackett
Would people say they are getting rejected, due to the possiblity of a lack of relevant work experince?

Relevant work experience can only be a good thing, but I don't think a lack of it would necessarily mean rejection.

Personally I don't have any remotely relevant work experience but still managed to get a couple interviews so far
Original post by miml
Relevant work experience can only be a good thing, but I don't think a lack of it would necessarily mean rejection.

Personally I don't have any remotely relevant work experience but still managed to get a couple interviews so far

ok, but by the looks of it you are doing Maths at Warwick, so I'm guessing that sort of balances it out, maybe?
Reply 2248
Original post by Hackett
ok, but by the looks of it you are doing Maths at Warwick, so I'm guessing that sort of balances it out, maybe?

i cant see how maths at warwick is a substitution for work exp. but whatever...

basically all you have to do is demonstrate you are normal, can interact with people and aren't just a robot/ social retard.

just show that your responsible, and you fit and your good to go.
Erm, I'm going abroad for the next eight days. What's gonna happen if a bank tries to call me?
Reply 2250
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Erm, I'm going abroad for the next eight days. What's gonna happen if a bank tries to call me?

Give them my number
Reply 2251
Deutsche Bank rejection after numerical, rather annoying as my brother interrupted me during the middle of the test! Pinning hopes on cs, gs, bnp, jpm and ubs now :P
Reply 2252
AC invites from MS and RBS!

Rejection from UBS.
Reply 2253
Original post by WHITKA
Deutsche Bank rejection after numerical, rather annoying as my brother interrupted me during the middle of the test! Pinning hopes on cs, gs, bnp, jpm and ubs now :P

Unlucky :frown: Hope you get one of the rest.

When did you get your rejecteion for Deutsche and when did you do your numerical?
Cheers
Reply 2254
Original post by Hackett

Maybe, who knows what HR look for..

Original post by Doughnuts!!

You can change contact details on most of the online apps?

Original post by Zynx
AC invites from MS and RBS!

Rejection from UBS.

Congrats. When did you apply to MS/UBS? And did you have a telephone interview at MS?
Reply 2255
Original post by gangst
concise :wink:

if you're explaining the next bubble pretty sure 250words won't cover everything. you can be concise using more words but demonstrating a greater understanding.
Reply 2256
Just done the RBS logic test- was this solely those pattern sequence questions? It seemed very short...I'm sure i missed a section somehow?:s-smilie:
Reply 2257
Original post by ft1234*
if you're explaining the next bubble pretty sure 250words won't cover everything. you can be concise using more words but demonstrating a greater understanding.

which is quite funny because none of us know what the next bubble is gonna be....you must have an excellent understanding/ predictive powers.
Reply 2258
Original post by gangst
which is quite funny because none of us know what the next bubble is gonna be....you must have an excellent understanding/ predictive powers.

which is why you need to justify your answer using 500 words, if we knew what the next bubble was there wouldn't be much to discuss. We'll see anyways my point is if there's a word limit you should utilise it to show your interest, understanding and ability.
when is Goldman Sachs Securities insight dates?

Latest

Trending

Trending