The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just to clarify:

Credit Suisse and Deutsche both have PSL/kenexa tests and CS has a verbal while DB doesn't.

Also, BarCap is SHL with verbal and numerical.

Citi has its own numerical

BOA doesn't test

Also, I am applying for some SW pretty late due to being out of the country on holiday, like 5-10 days before the deadline, it shouldn't hinder my application right?

Also, for interview/AC offers are you guys being notified by email or phone?

Thanks for all the help
Reply 2321
Original post by a10realmadrid
Just to clarify:

Also, I am applying for some SW pretty late due to being out of the country on holiday, like 5-10 days before the deadline, it shouldn't hinder my application right?

Thanks for all the help

A few firms recruit on a rolling basis (not sure which ones)...but a deadlines a deadline so in theory shouldn't hinder your chances tbh.

i don't think that many people applied earlier than december...a lot of people apply over xmas/ early jan.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eco1234
IBD have you got one too?

For markets. Later on in January tho.
Original post by eco1234
IBD have you got one too?

I also have an IBD interview.
quick question:

GCSE grades or not on applications?

I'm assuming not at the moment but its best to be sure...
Original post by ALIHISGREAT
quick question:

GCSE grades or not on applications?

I'm assuming not at the moment but its best to be sure...

If you mean input each subject and grade as part of the online application in the "pre-university education" section, then no it's not necessary at all but you can if you like.

If you're talking about on the CV, then just summarise them.
Original post by miml
I can't remember, maybe someone else knows? The BAML site has pretty much stopped working for me on Safari/Chrome/Firefox

I managed to get the site to work- you do choose your divisional preferences.
Does anyone know if BAML have tests, ACs, phone interviews e.t.c?
Reply 2327
For JPM interviews tomorrow - I am right in saying it is just two 30 min interviews - from my friend who got interview last year I can say that interviewers are friendly and will just ask HR questions for spring week i.e. teamwork etc.

Apparently they let us know within 48 hours.
Reply 2328
Original post by hotshot45

Do you get an instant rejection? For Barcap i passed the numerical and got a nice congratzz letter and an invitation to their verbal, then after the verbal: Thank you for taking the time to complete the online tests. Your application is under review and we will let you know the status of your application shortly.- is that a pass or fail?

got the same amte, hopefully a pass!!

i'm usually worse at numerical than verbal and i thought barcap verbal was easyish so i'd guess pass.
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
...No, I didn't.

Oh ok then
Original post by LawQC
Apparently they let us know within 48 hours.

Second rounds, or are JPM making offers straightaway? My interview's on the 18th...
Nomura rejection. Contact in HR said they filled up all spaces already - all filled by people who applied pre-december
Currently expensively connected to the Internet here in France. Got two missed calls from a private number yesterday? Anybody have any idea who it could be from?
Has anyone been rejected by HSBC summer internship saying you havnt met the eligibility criteria... got the email toady and didnt even get invited to tests :s-smilie:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Currently expensively connected to the Internet here in France. Got two missed calls from a private number yesterday? Anybody have any idea who it could be from?

Pepper thy angus, the FBI are coming for you.
Original post by natashabedford
Nomura rejection. Contact in HR said they filled up all spaces already - all filled by people who applied pre-december

You serious :eek: looks like a rejection for me as well cuz i applied in december. did you do any tests??
Original post by natashabedford

well that sucks...
Original post by thecodman
You serious :eek: looks like a rejection for me as well cuz i applied in december. did you do any tests??

Yeah, and im pretty sure I got full marks.
What did they write in the email they sent you as a rejection?
Original post by eranhasson
What did they write in the email they sent you as a rejection?

"Currently all our positions for this vacancy have been filled. Your application will be kept on file for consideration in case any additional hiring needs arise."
hehe

Latest

Trending

Trending