The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got the same email.. Don't understand as I pretty much nailed the tests..
Reply 2341
Original post by natashabedford
Yeah, and im pretty sure I got full marks.

Yeah same here. Did the test (and 'well' as far as I remember), but no more vacancies left, which is a bit of a shocker, considering no one from TSR got a positive answer from them. I'm still secretly hoping that this message is only for the 'We have yet to review the applications, so please be patient' purposes.
Original post by TomasK

Original post by TomasK
Yeah same here. Did the test (and 'well' as far as I remember), but no more vacancies left, which is a bit of a shocker, considering no one from TSR got a positive answer from them. I'm still secretly hoping that this message is only for the 'We have yet to review the applications, so please be patient' purposes.

Hopefully but I'm quite pessimist about that. Although my application status on nomura's website is "On hold after screening"
Reply 2343
Original post by eranhasson
Hopefully but I'm quite pessimist about that. Although my application status on nomura's website is "On hold after screening"

I applied for Nomura on the 23rd of December, and have no such rejection email? I assume you guys applied to Explore?
I applied to Women's Immersion, so wahey looks like its paying of being a girl. xD
Nomura - the usual rejection and also DB rejection... really wanted to get replies but now I'm starting to regret it....
Reply 2345
Original post by thecodman
Has anyone been rejected by HSBC summer internship saying you havnt met the eligibility criteria... got the email toady and didnt even get invited to tests :s-smilie:

Same, don't know wtf they mean
Reply 2346
Has anybody had any problems with the UBS app?

I am on the last stage of the draft - additional information - and it is telling me that I must do the following:-

Please correct the following:
Please describe why you have chosen to apply to UBS(1000 character limit).: Please enter 1000 characters or less.
Why did you choose the specific business area to which you have applied? Why do you think you will succeed in this area?(1000 character limit): Please enter 1000 characters or less.
Describe the achievement of which you are most proud(1000 character limit).: Please enter 1000 characters or less.
You may exclude any hobbies or activities that indirectly or directly disclose race, color, religion, gender, national origin or any other protected classification(1000 character limit).: Please enter 1000 characters or less.

That would be understandable if I hadn't completed the aforementioned, but I have written min of 500 words in all four boxes.

It seems such a troublesome system and I cannot find any email ads for technical support.ggrrrr
Reply 2347
Original post by Bur12345
Has anybody had any problems with the UBS app?

I am on the last stage of the draft - additional information - and it is telling me that I must do the following:-

Please correct the following:
Please describe why you have chosen to apply to UBS(1000 character limit).: Please enter 1000 characters or less.
Why did you choose the specific business area to which you have applied? Why do you think you will succeed in this area?(1000 character limit): Please enter 1000 characters or less.
Describe the achievement of which you are most proud(1000 character limit).: Please enter 1000 characters or less.
You may exclude any hobbies or activities that indirectly or directly disclose race, color, religion, gender, national origin or any other protected classification(1000 character limit).: Please enter 1000 characters or less.

That would be understandable if I hadn't completed the aforementioned, but I have written min of 500 words in all four boxes.

It seems such a troublesome system and I cannot find any email ads for technical support.ggrrrr

500 words is probably too much for 1000 characters. (note difference between charactres and words). Including spaces.
Original post by natashabedford
Nomura rejection. Contact in HR said they filled up all spaces already - all filled by people who applied pre-december

Original post by eranhasson
Got the same email.. Don't understand as I pretty much nailed the tests..

did you guys apply to explore?
Reply 2349
I applied pre december. No rejection but tbh expecting it seeing as I haven't even got a test yet
Original post by miml
I applied pre december. No rejection but tbh expecting it seeing as I haven't even got a test yet

I haven't heard anything either (although I applied at the start of December, so later than you), so yeah, expecting a rejection.
Is that them genuinely rejecting people or just being lazy and going through only like 10% of applications? I haven't received a test from Nomura either but that sounds ridiculous.

Also, 7:30am AC for Barclays - ouch! I know it's an AC and I should be happy but that's just a horrible time.
Reply 2352
Original post by Michael XYZ
Is that them genuinely rejecting people or just being lazy and going through only like 10% of applications? I haven't received a test from Nomura either but that sounds ridiculous.

Also, 7:30am AC for Barclays - ouch! I know it's an AC and I should be happy but that's just a horrible time.

what does an assessment centre involve??
Hi guys, do you know how strict banks are with the rule that says you should be first year on a 3y course or 2nd year on a 4y course to apply? If you graduate in 2014 but from an MSc, do they really care that you are not an undergraduate anymore, or it's only the fact that you are graduating (and thus be able to start the grad scheme) in 2014 that matters?

Chers
Hi guys

Just lately decided to apply for internships, namely Credit Suisse, HSBC and Deutsche Bank.

Will it be a problem if I only have one academic reference from my university tutor and maybe another my old secondary school headmaster? I have work experience, but I had to stop just before my A2 year to concentrate on studies, so getting a reference from someone I did w/e for in Easter 2010 may be a bit out of the blue and I don't even know if they will remember me.

Thanks, YYYs.
how did people find the Barcap numerical??
It got quite tricky towards the end and only just managed to finish. Gahh timing these things is so difficult when you can't go back at all.
Original post by soczek322
Nomura - the usual rejection and also DB rejection... really wanted to get replies but now I'm starting to regret it....

sorry to hear that dude :frown: when did you apply to DB?? heard its VERY competitive
Has anyone received a Nomura interview invite?
Original post by thecodman
sorry to hear that dude :frown: when did you apply to DB?? heard its VERY competitive

applied over christmas - all my applications were 23-27th I think.... oh well I sort of rushed with my applications....
Original post by gangst
what does an assessment centre involve??

I think for Barclays it's just interviews. Can involve other stuff like more tests, group work etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending