The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by sw3
just got a missed call from an unknown number. Does anyone know if this could be a bank?

HSBC called me from a private number for scheduling a telephone interview
Reply 2441
Original post by TomasK
The only banks I'm aware of doing that is MS and CS last year.

I mean, calling without notification

thanks. i have applied to both of these banks. will they call back?

Original post by miml
HSBC called me from a private number for scheduling a telephone interview

i havn't applied to hsbc, but thankyou:smile:
Reply 2442
Original post by sw3
thanks. i have applied to both of these banks. will they call back?

i havn't applied to hsbc, but thankyou:smile:

Should. Only on rare ocassions do they not call back. Because obviously it is only natural not to have your phone implanted in your brain, so they'll understand why you didn't pick up.
HSBC rejection :/
Reply 2444
Original post by Glen_Nichols
HSBC rejection :/

Tough luck once again man ;/ Was this pre or post testing btw?
Original post by TomasK
Tough luck once again man ;/ Was this pre or post testing btw?

Must be pre.
anyone get the "update" email from RBS this morning?
Reply 2447
just got an ICAP AC invite...

haven't heard back from any banks yet other than a few numeracy tests. (Applied last week for all my stuff).
Reply 2448
Original post by gangst
just got an ICAP AC invite...

haven't heard back from any banks yet other than a few numeracy tests. (Applied last week for all my stuff).

Same here, AC invite. Did you pick a date?
Reply 2449
Original post by TomasK
Same here, AC invite. Did you pick a date?

erm yeah, there was only one date and time available though lol, so it was more a case of being told than picking though!
Original post by yahyahyahs
UBS and CS so far. Gonna apply to DB (all their schemes), the HSBC first year internship and BOAML now that I have two references for my CV. Can't think of any more deadlines.

Nah, don't be sorry, I kinda saw it coming as I haven't done any form of Maths for well over a year, thought they would look at my personal skills as I am quite good at selling events and products and can argue up a storm, politics student ya see. It was also a last minute decision to apply as I wanted to do some political internships but none of them are expenses paid, whereas IB spring weeks are expenses paid and my family can't afford for me to go to London for a week. Need to polish up on my maths m'thinks!

lol WHEN did u apply to ubs?? and good luck with the rest :smile:
Thank you again for your application to The Royal Bank of Scotland graduate
development programme.

After reviewing your responses at the online testing stage, we are pleased to inform you that your performance has met our requirements. We are now short listing candidates for progression to the next stage, which will be a face-to-face assessment.

Because we receive many high quality applications, and spaces at the next round are limited, please be aware that we are unable to confirm at this stage whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

We run a number of assessments for each programme, and only contact the people we select to attend each event. This means that you may not hear immediately whether your application will be progressed, but you are now under consideration, and we will update you in due course.

really RBS wtf??
Original post by thecodman
Thank you again for your application to The Royal Bank of Scotland graduate
development programme.

After reviewing your responses at the online testing stage, we are pleased to inform you that your performance has met our requirements. We are now short listing candidates for progression to the next stage, which will be a face-to-face assessment.

Because we receive many high quality applications, and spaces at the next round are limited, please be aware that we are unable to confirm at this stage whether we will be inviting you to the next stage.

We run a number of assessments for each programme, and only contact the people we select to attend each event. This means that you may not hear immediately whether your application will be progressed, but you are now under consideration, and we will update you in due course.

really RBS wtf??

Dont Get too stressed, it just means that they are currently interviewing people but they arent sure how they will perform so if people dont meet the requirements then u will be next to be given a chance, I got a similiar e-mail 3 weeks ago and totally thought itwas some sort of rejection then I got an invite to assessment centre
Reply 2453
Securities at RBS, is the new Securities in Dallas.
Original post by smarty_kay
Dont Get too stressed, it just means that they are currently interviewing people but they arent sure how they will perform so if people dont meet the requirements then u will be next to be given a chance, I got a similiar e-mail 3 weeks ago and totally thought itwas some sort of rejection then I got an invite to assessment centre

Nice one thanks for letting me know :smile:
Original post by ebam_uk
GS don't do a numerical test.

Damn, apps closed on Sunday.
Original post by thecodman
lol WHEN did u apply to ubs?? and good luck with the rest :smile:

Like Tuesday, early hours, like 3am in the morning! And thanks, you too!
Original post by viksta1000

What did it say?

I was offered an AC for today by RBS but it clashed with an exam.
Reply 2458
Original post by viksta1000

i got invited to a assessment centre yesterday.

Thank you for accepting our invitation to attend an assessment centre for our Insights Programme.

what about you?
Just received an email from DB. I should not be "alarmed" that I have not received any contact from them as they are dealing with summer internship applications. At least no rejection. Yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending