The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOL, just got butt raped by Citi's stupid test.
Reply 3061
Original post by Doughnuts!!

told u
Original post by Doughnuts!!

Hi mate, i got a numerical for Citi, did you only have numerical or other tests too for Citi?
Original post by jack_the_ripper
Hi mate, i got a numerical for Citi, did you only have numerical or other tests too for Citi?

Just numerical.
Hey, just started the BOA application, seems very short compared to the other ones, just to confirm with you guys, in the division preferences:

Global Markets = sales and trading?

Global Investment Banking = self explanatory but focus more on Mergers and Acquisitions

Global Capital Markets (part of investment banking) = underwriting of debt and equity securities?

Hence, they have split investment banking into two sections

Just need to check this with the people who have already completed the BOA app. Thanks
Original post by a10realmadrid
Hey, just started the BOA application, seems very short compared to the other ones, just to confirm with you guys, in the division preferences:

Global Investment Banking = self explanatory but focus more on Mergers and Acquisitions

Global Capital Markets (part of investment banking) = underwriting of debt and equity securities?

Just need to check this with the people who have already completed the BOA app. Thanks

Sounds good to me.
Original post by a10realmadrid

i think it's right.
btw what documents did you upload?
Original post by LawQC
GS interview IBD - 10th February -

Did you get a phone call in the last 2-3 days by any chance?
Reply 3068
Original post by LawQC
mate im not risking it - I can assure you I have an interview - if you dont wanna belief me I dont give a ****.

why shouldn't I believe you? you already posted the most confidential part of this email: that your interview is on 10th february.

you are naive.
Reply 3069
Original post by EyesOnFire
Did you get a phone call in the last 2-3 days by any chance?

He said e-mail a bit further down.

I got a phone call from a blocked number Thursday afternoon, whilst in a lecture though so didn't answer. Doubting whether it was spring week related now though anyway tbh, haven't received any relevant e-mails, phone calls or voice-mails since.
Has anybody had a Credit Suisse interview just recently? I've just been looking at the information they supplied and I have just realised it says it will consist of 2 interviews, one with somebody from IBD, the other from somebody from FI/Securities, yet I couldn't recall anybody else having been interviewed by 2 people.

It seems a whole lot more intimidating facing 2 phone interviews!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3071
Original post by Outsanity
Has anybody had a Credit Suisse interview just recently? I've just been looking at the information they supplied and I have just realised it says it will consist of 2 interviews, one with somebody from IBD, the other from somebody from FI/Securities, yet I couldn't recall anybody else having been interviewed by 2 people.

It seems a whole lot more intimidating facing 2 phone interviews!
2 should be quite normal I think. I'm having a phone interview next week with 3 guys, but I think it's better to have more than 1 interview since you won't be judged by just one person. You've got double chance to prove yourself.
Original post by jakash
He said e-mail a bit further down.

I got a phone call from a blocked number Thursday afternoon, whilst in a lecture though so didn't answer. Doubting whether it was spring week related now though anyway tbh, haven't received any relevant e-mails, phone calls or voice-mails since.

I got one on thursday and one on friday. had my phone on silent both times :angry:
it could be something else but I doubt it. the only blocked phone calls i;ve received so far are from places i;ve applied to.
Original post by moritzplatz
i think it's right.
btw what documents did you upload?

Hey,

Im uploading CV for sure, and im thinking of maybe uploading a CL and transcript, how about you? What do you think is the requirement for supporting documents, I have not seen anything specific about what supporting documents?
Ive got an AC for MS coming up, but after re-looking at my CV while preparing i've noticed I put A* for one of my subjects which was meant to mean A*astrix* (I wanted to indicate I had 100UMS for 4 modules, probably to try and ease my bitterness at just missing A*) but I missed off the astrix note at the bottom so now it looks like an A* grade!
Ive contacted HR now and told them what's happened, so given that i've told them before any offer has been made do you think it will be okay? I doubt they'd reject someone for having A*AA instead of A*A*A, and it was a genuine mistake i've come clean about before offer. Fingers crossed.
Reply 3075
Original post by bella.lake
Ive got an AC for MS coming up, but after re-looking at my CV while preparing i've noticed I put A* for one of my subjects which was meant to mean A*astrix* (I wanted to indicate I had 100UMS for 4 modules, probably to try and ease my bitterness at just missing A*) but I missed off the astrix note at the bottom so now it looks like an A* grade!
Ive contacted HR now and told them what's happened, so given that i've told them before any offer has been made do you think it will be okay? I doubt they'd reject someone for having A*AA instead of A*A*A, and it was a genuine mistake i've come clean about before offer. Fingers crossed.

I'd withdraw the app to save yourself from humiliation.
I know we're all competitors and are meant to hate each other but for people who have had/going to have interviews/ACs how are you going about preparing for them?
Original post by miml
I'd withdraw the app to save yourself from humiliation.

I made a typo, im not humiliated by it.
Original post by bella.lake

Funny how people always round their grades up 'by mistake', and not down.
Reply 3079
Original post by speedbird
Funny how people always round their grades up 'by mistake', and not down.

I've input an A as a B not sure how as they're not even close

Latest

Trending

Trending