The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TM94
Lovenkrands has been brilliant for us.
Instrumental in getting us out of the championship and chipped in with a few goals last season as well.

But yeah it's become clear he just can't handle this level anymore.

Wish him all the best mind, seemed a good professional.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't belittling what he's done for us but he is kinda deadweight now.
Reply 2641
Original post by Chriswuk
Don't get me wrong I wasn't belittling what he's done for us but he is kinda deadweight now.

Yeah I know he is fairly useless now but I feel people have seriously underestimated his contribution to the club...

Anyway.

Ravel Morrison is heading to West Ham it seems, apparently the only team who will pay his monstrous wage demands.
West Ham will surely go bust if they don't get promoted, wages will be as big as ours. :lolwut:
By the looks of things no one is joining us today :sigh: We need another CB, but the arrival of Cisse has made me happy with this window, even if we don't sign a defender.
Original post by TM94
Ravel Morrison is heading to West Ham it seems, apparently the only team who will pay his monstrous wage demands.
West Ham will surely go bust if they don't get promoted, wages will be as big as ours. :lolwut:

It wouldn't really surprise me if they were bigger than ours already. They're taking a ridiculous risk, pretty sure they're in epic debt already anyway. :lolwut:

Also apparently Wigan have outbid us for Marriappa. :facepalm2:
Lee Ryder on twatter: There has also been a last day bid for Perch from unnamed club.

!!!!
Would be disappointed if that french fella with the complex name didn't come in BUT, to not lose anybody important would be a great window (especially after all that Ba *******s).
Reply 2646
Original post by TCD23
Would be disappointed if that french fella with the complex name didn't come in BUT, to not lose anybody important would be a great window (especially after all that Ba *******s).

That Mpana-Mwbia lad you mean?

Looks a great prospect.

Rather we just waited and got him in the summer :beard:
Heard your getting Paul Wilson (works part-time in the Donnay section of the Redcar store) and Owen Wright (Assistant manager of the Hartlepool store) in the transfer window. Apparently they have done really well and sold loads of Gola socks and and Everlast sweat pants so Mike is letting them play for the works team.
Original post by RealityCheckAgain
Heard your getting Paul Wilson (works part-time in the Donnay section of the Redcar store) and Owen Wright (Assistant manager of the Hartlepool store) in the transfer window. Apparently they have done really well and sold loads of Gola socks and and Everlast sweat pants so Mike is letting them play for the works team.

Mind = ****ed
Reply 2649
Mariappa has apparently rejected a move to Wigan.

Sensible
Reply 2650
Young Tavenier has went on loan to MK Dons

Good move, will only further his development.
As long as we don't lose anyone, this transfer window will be a success. If we gain a CB I'll be over the moon but I think we'll be alrite if we don't - I wanna see Kadar given a chance, he's in my FIFA 10 squad lol.
no mariappa. he's playing for Watford tonight.
Seems his deal with Wigan fell through.
Further bad news Ba and Cisse won't make it to tomoros game.
Original post by Chriswuk
no mariappa. he's playing for Watford tonight.

Now reports on Twitter that he's been withdrawn again from the squad tonight and that we've made another offer.
Reply 2656
Cabaye has appealed the violent conduct charge, lad from Brighton is supporting him as well.
Reply 2657
Original post by mau5
Cabaye has appealed the violent conduct charge, lad from Brighton is supporting him as well.

Means nothing. The FA will more than likely ban him still. He's not English and doesn't play for one of the 'top 6'
Very pleased with the transfer window personally. We haven't lost any players and we've signed a striker with massive ability. The other teams in the top 7 have barely spent anything so definitely puts us in a good position. Let's hope we can scrape the few games without cissé/ba/cabaye and tioté.

Also:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/01/exclusive-ashley-to-invest-in-young-talent-72703-30240534/#.Tykc91c_Qd4.twitter

Interesting stuff.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm happy with the window. Nobody important left and we brought in a striker (which we've all be waiting just over a year for). The lack of money spent must mean more money available to finally sort out the contracts of several players which is a good thing.

Plus europe (not the CL obviously though... or is it?) seems like a realistic possibility which would give us a huge boost when it comes to signing more top quality players (yes I am looking in the defensive/mid region) like that Mpiga-Ypiwa (no idea how to spell his name) fella.

After last years complete and utter shambles during the window, looks like we may actually be a normal club for once. All thats left is for Mike to stop what he is smoking and return the stadium to its proper title and we can all rest easy for once.

Latest