The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there much point in emailing places you haven't heard from? I'm assuming it means a rejection but it's kind of a poor way to go about it.
Reply 4241
Original post by Michael XYZ
Is there much point in emailing places you haven't heard from? I'm assuming it means a rejection but it's kind of a poor way to go about it.

Give it another week then email, there's still a LITTLE time.
I urgently need the UBS number for UK careers? Anyone know it? I have looked everywhere.
Reply 4243
Original post by chanchan
GS IMD Offer

Was your interview on the 1st or 2nd of Feb?
Original post by twinkl
Was your interview on the 1st or 2nd of Feb?

1st
Reply 4245
Original post by milanftw
just talked to BAML
got interview on thursday
(corporate treasury)

they said it would be a competency based interview

any advices, tips would be really appreciated as i am a bit new here

thx in advance :smile:

Lol, was this from your second application?

I don't have tips. Good luck!
Original post by a10realmadrid
I urgently need the UBS number for UK careers? Anyone know it? I have looked everywhere.

here is their email: [email protected]

No idea about number tho
Reply 4247
Original post by erklam
They extremely stick to the competency questions. The way she started was something like: So, we have these 6 (or so) competencies and I will be asking you about these. (http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/applicationprocess/interview_competencies.jhtml) >>Here they are.

She indeed said that: Now, I'm going to ask about your competency to lead and contribute to team success"..."now we will move onto another area, demonstrating courage and integrity".
So, as you can see, it is all competency questions. But is also ONLY these. So don't prepare questions like weaknesses or strengths as they are unlikely to ask those. Instead, read these and answer them. Get at least two examples for each, she asked two integrity questions from me. They ask the questions that are on their website word for word! So, really no excuse if you cannot give an answer.

Also, I really didn't feel I did well overall but what I did well was that I stopped talking when I was done with the story. Do NOT keep on rambling about stuff-simply stop when you feel you're done. There is gonna be an awkward silence for a shorter or longer period but do not worry about it. Stop speaking. Period. Don't think of it as an awkward silence. You should have the feeling of : "yes, I know what I'm doing, and I'm done with this story. Your turn, dear recruiter, say something." Keep my word for this. I don't know what else if not this technique got me into this programme:smile:

They didn't ask any questions about PwC (that's not usually the case). She only asked: "What is your understanding of the programme you are applying to". It is an interesting way I think to ask this question. Also, commercial awareness-wise, she simply asked how I keep up-to-date with the news. I just told her I get the free Financial Times from my uni and I just subsribed for the Economist. That's it. They didn'y even ask a specific piece of news, even though I had some good ones prepared:P

Good luck lemme know if you have more questions.

Wow...Thank you so much for your help and congrats once again on the offer!:smile: You have a good outlook on the awkward silences... I will attempt not to ramble :tongue:. Really appreciate your advice!
Reply 4248
Original post by milanftw
thank you miml :smile: yeah, it was from a 2nd application, good memory there!
told you it was a good idea :wink: although I can be sometimes a bit unorthodox, my employers usually appreciate that quality

keep this one in mind for your future applications, it is a pretty good "exploit", and increases your chances vastly

btw thx for the reply and good luck with your applications

i hope someone who had xp with baml would see my post
anyway.. i genuinely enjoy interviews, so it np i guess.. just wanted to increase my chances

They'll **** you up at the phone as they will ask you why there is another, rejected person with the same profile.
Reply 4249
So how many pple here with a GS offer?
Original post by mazeltof

Got one for Sec an hour ago and just got the email through :smile:
Reply 4251
Original post by bella.lake

An hour ago? Cool, HR are working outside normal hours!
Reply 4252

When was your interview 1st or 2nd Feb?
Reply 4253
Original post by mazeltof

Have you heard back?
Reply 4254
Original post by twinkl
Have you heard back?

unfortunately not! getting worried
Original post by TomasK
An hour ago? Cool, HR are working outside normal hours!

not at all, HR always work until at least 6 at banks!

Original post by twinkl
When was your interview 1st or 2nd Feb?

2nd
Reply 4256
Not looking good for those who applied to IMD or SEC given that offers have been sent out :frown:
Reply 4257
not at all, HR always work until at least 6 at banks!

2nd

Now really getting worried.
not at all, HR always work until at least 6 at banks

I love how you state that as fact when you've probably never worked in HR of a bank, you've probably only ever asked application questions of HR whenever you've been speaking to them, and i doubt you've actually met HR from every bank to be able to say that every bank HR ALWAYS works until at least 6pm.
So I'm assuming I won't get an offer for GS then as IMD offers have already been given out ?

Latest

Trending

Trending