The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts London - is it a good university?

Interested in journalism at London College of Communication, but heard its a terrible course, so I'm a little put off it.

Would be just as bad as London Met? Could anyone give me some background of UAL?
Hey, have you applied? And if so, have you got an interview? ANDDDD where did you hear it was bad? I'm freaking out a little bit, mostly because my email has deleted their email and I don't know whether I was supposed to send them anything before hand!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mickeycarroll
Hey, have you applied? And if so, have you got an interview? ANDDDD where did you hear it was bad? I'm freaking out a little bit, mostly because my email has deleted their email and I don't know whether I was supposed to send them anything before hand!

Can you not just email them again and ask, or ring them?
Original post by kerily
Can you not just email them again and ask, or ring them?

I've done both and they said they were 'dealing with my request' or would get back to me, neither of which happened. This is completely my own fault and I'm kicking myself for it! Just tried ringing but no answer... damn Saturdays!
Reply 4
It has a good reputation, but remember what course is right or wrong for other people wont necessarily be the case for you - did you check out the campus's at any open days?
Reply 5
heyyy im an international student doing BA journalism in LCC this september,,im new to this forum and am keenly exploring different stuff. are u serious that it's a terrible course? how did u know that? im a bit worried after reading your thread..
so have you made up your mind studying here after a couple of months of thinking?:frown:
Reply 6
bump - does anyone know if it has a good reputation?
Reply 7
UAL in general has an outstanding international reputation. I did my foundation course there this past academic year and was stunned at the amount of publicity and praise the institution received, some of which included being mentioned in prominent Architecture magazines (for it's least-known course: Architecture), being mentioned in the news here and there, and having work advertised/displayed on screens by motorways passing through Central London. However, the quality of individual courses may vary. I think instead, you should find out the reputation/quality of the specific course you're applying to at a UAL college - because UAL's a very well-known and praised set of colleges. As far as the name and popularity goes, you've nothing to worry about, in my opinion.
Reply 8
Thanks guys for the replies. Just sent off my UCAS last week and LCC's journalism degree is one of my choices :smile:
Hey me_

I'm a current 3rd year on the BA Journalism course at LCC and I can say that for the most part it's been good. The tutors are knowledgeable and friendly, the building is well equipped etc.

Only bad thing I can think of off the top of my head is that contact time with tutors is hard to come by. E.g. I'm writing my dissertation at the moment, took me about 4 weeks to get a 1 on 1 with my assigned supervisor. Didn't stop me though, and journalism is about being self-sufficient 8)

Any questions feel free to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending