Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
hi people!!!
Original post by jonobebe
hi people!!!

Hello!!! Welcome to this page! :tongue:
Original post by perpend
I have not applied for a visa myself, so I may be wrong, but:

According to the UK Border Agency's English language ability page, if the university is satisfied that your English language ability is acceptable, the university will issue you a CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies), which you will use to apply for a visa. This page further states that:

[INDENT]If you are applying to study a course at or above NQF 6/QCF 6/SCQF 9 at a UK higher education institution, the institution can choose its own method of assessing your English languiage ability. You do not need to submit any documents with your application to support this.[/INDENT]

I believe this means that as long as Bristol is convinced of your English language ability, and it issues you with a CAS, you do not need to take any English language proficiency test.

Edit: of course, it's best to email the admissions office at Bristol to check whether they want you to take a test.

Hey guys,
Fellow Singaporean here, starting school at UCL this Sept.

I hold a unconditional from UCL for Economics. Any fellow UCL freshers out there?

Think I ll probably email them soon to check out this English req thing...
Hopefully it is not needed for the VISA.
Original post by pandapower
Hey guys,
Fellow Singaporean here, starting school at UCL this Sept.

I hold a unconditional from UCL for Economics. Any fellow UCL freshers out there?

Think I ll probably email them soon to check out this English req thing...
Hopefully it is not needed for the VISA.

I'll technically be under UCL. I've an unconditional from UCL school of pharmacy. (: And I've firmed my place already.
Reply 2884
Hi people!

hope u guys can help me out...

if the university starting date is 14 sept, when would be the best time for me to arrive?
my parents will be coming with me to settle the admins and paperwork things...

thanks!
Hi people!

hope u guys can help me out...

if the university starting date is 14 sept, when would be the best time for me to arrive?
my parents will be coming with me to settle the admins and paperwork things...

thanks!

Prob early sept? Which uni are you going to?
Reply 2886
Original post by iamlovinit05
Prob early sept? Which uni are you going to?

Heriot-Watt.

i am thinking 2 weeks before too, which is early sept like u said..

what about u? when u reaching?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by whitelily29
I'll technically be under UCL. I've an unconditional from UCL school of pharmacy. (: And I've firmed my place already.

hey there, guess I will see you in Sept in UCL then haha.

Do you know if UCL requires us to take addition English tests or smth?
Heriot-Watt.

i am thinking 2 weeks before too, which is early sept like u said..

what about u? when u reaching?

Scotland? Nice place to be though.
If i do go, it'd be in early sept as well. Still deciding if i should go to manchester for finance as i already hold a place for business in NUS.
Gonna be a tough choice to make. arggs
Reply 2889
Scotland? Nice place to be though.
If i do go, it'd be in early sept as well. Still deciding if i should go to manchester for finance as i already hold a place for business in NUS.
Gonna be a tough choice to make. arggs

I'm just hoping Scotland is not too cold for me... haha! too used to hot and sunny sg.

i am not that sure about manchester, but i have heard people saying that Actuarial Science at Heriot-Watt is good.

if between going overseas or staying in sg to study, i would go for the exposure overseas, whichever the university is.

Do u know which airport is the best for me to alight? and how do I continue my journey to the university thereafter?
I'm just hoping Scotland is not too cold for me... haha! too used to hot and sunny sg.

i am not that sure about manchester, but i have heard people saying that Actuarial Science at Heriot-Watt is good.

if between going overseas or staying in sg to study, i would go for the exposure overseas, whichever the university is.

Do u know which airport is the best for me to alight? and how do I continue my journey to the university thereafter?

Actually, Cass is pretty good for actuarial science as well. Sry but i have no idea about scotland. try checking the airlines websites? dont limit yourself to SIA. qatar and others are significantly cheaper
hey there, guess I will see you in Sept in UCL then haha.

Do you know if UCL requires us to take addition English tests or smth?

My friends who applied to LSOP last year told me they needed. I actually took the IELTS before UCLsop asked me to. But I did hear that the UK Visa may require it. Did UCL ask you to take?

I applied to UCL in 2011 and they gave me an offer without english requirements.
Queen Mary anyone?
Original post by whitelily29
My friends who applied to LSOP last year told me they needed. I actually took the IELTS before UCLsop asked me to. But I did hear that the UK Visa may require it. Did UCL ask you to take?

I applied to UCL in 2011 and they gave me an offer without english requirements.

LSOP?

Nope, I haven't taken the IELTS yet. I am planning to confirm with UCL the need before taking it?

UCL's offer was unconditional based on my actual A lvls results, so no they didn't ask me to take..
Anyone knows the cost of getting a student Visa to the UK?

Do I absolutely need to go through VFS? Is there anyway to do it myself? i.e send the forms online or some stuff.

Thanks!
Reply 2895
Anyone knows the cost of getting a student Visa to the UK?

Do I absolutely need to go through VFS? Is there anyway to do it myself? i.e send the forms online or some stuff.

Thanks!

i asked my friend who applied before... she did it via VFS too.
i asked my friend who applied before... she did it via VFS too.

I see. seems like its gonna cost 520 sgd then. sigh, another cost adding to the already hefty price tag.
Reply 2897
I see. seems like its gonna cost 520 sgd then. sigh, another cost adding to the already hefty price tag.

are u on scholarship or self-finance?
LSOP?

Nope, I haven't taken the IELTS yet. I am planning to confirm with UCL the need before taking it?

UCL's offer was unconditional based on my actual A lvls results, so no they didn't ask me to take..

London school of pharmacy.
Ahhhh. I'm not too sure about the visa though. Most likely you won't need to take the IELTS.
are u on scholarship or self-finance?

Self. dont think I'm good enough to apply for them scholarships haha.

Quick Reply

Latest