The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Original post by Irenicis
Will do whatever it takes, provided i know what's the feasible way of doing it hahaha =/

have u emailed them after being unsuccessful?
Reply 3041
Original post by jonobebe
have u emailed them after being unsuccessful?

yes i did =/
Reply 3042
yes i did =/

u waiting for their reply?
have u paid the deposit? what is the ucas confirmation letter? is it sent through post or email?

UCAS confirmation letter was sent to me via post, to confirm with me that my place at UCL is sealed. Now to wait for the Confirmation letter from the school, which will probably tell me more about paying for the deposit. I haven't paid yet (: Don't think it's so early though. Must wait for their letter.

Just went to check an email from them, they said they'll send something in March.
Reply 3044
Original post by whitelily29
UCAS confirmation letter was sent to me via post, to confirm with me that my place at UCL is sealed. Now to wait for the Confirmation letter from the school, which will probably tell me more about paying for the deposit. I haven't paid yet (: Don't think it's so early though. Must wait for their letter.

Just went to check an email from them, they said they'll send something in March.

I see.. How long after u firmed your place did the ucas letter arrive?
I see.. How long after u firmed your place did the ucas letter arrive?

The day I confirmed, they posted the letter, got to me about 2-3 weeks later.
Reply 3046
Hi guys! Stumbled upon some changes regarding visa application on the ukcisa website so here it is:

-The UK Government has published information of the immigration changes it plans to introduce on 6 April. The full details should be available on 15 March. In summary the changes will be:

-If you apply on or after 6 April, you must show that you have higher levels of funds. If you study in Inner London, this increases from £800 to £1,000 per month. Outside Inner London, the level increases from £600 to £800 per month. Funds for dependants also increase.
-If you pay accommodation fees to your Tier 4 sponsor, you will be able to deduct a maximum of £1,000 from the maintenance you have to show when you make your application, even if you have paid more than this.
I have no idea! I'll just be a patient girl and wait for my mail to arrive. ): bummer. Hopefully it comes soon.

Which accommodation are you looking at?

haha icic...don't worry there's still lots of time left. most ppl settle yr accomodation ard May anw from what I have heard.

erm I m looking at one of those inter-collegiate halls so i won't have to cook in the first year....

You have any friends heading to London with you? That will make renting an apartment easier in the second year..
Reply 3048
Original post by pandapower
haha icic...don't worry there's still lots of time left. most ppl settle yr accomodation ard May anw from what I have heard.

erm I m looking at one of those inter-collegiate halls so i won't have to cook in the first year....

You have any friends heading to London with you? That will make renting an apartment easier in the second year..

you should stay in self-catered IMO haha, cook the things you like and save on the budget :smile:
Original post by pandapower

I was considering canterbury or commonwealth halls, cause they seem nice and aren't too pricey. But I decided, I quite like the freedom of cooking so I'll just go ahead and cook!

I took a gap year (: So a lot of my friends are there already. My dad's actually considering getting an apartment to rent out during my first year. Cause my younger siblings are all very close age-wise and they may want to follow me there. ^^
Reply 3050
The day I confirmed, they posted the letter, got to me about 2-3 weeks later.

i got my ucas letter today. :smile:
so next up is it to wait for the package from my uni to arrive? is there anything else i should do now?
so next up is it to wait for the package from my uni to arrive? is there anything else i should do now?

Change pounds. The rate is good now. I might be changing sometime real soon.

YAY! That's exciting right (:
I didn't do anything after that. Maybe just decide on your choice of accommodation so that when the package comes you can immediately apply.
anyone going to bath?
Reply 3054
Original post by huntethan
anyone going to bath?

for what course? will you be going? seems like a okay place.
for what course? will you be going? seems like a okay place.

yea i will be going this sep. for aerospace engineering. where are you going?
Reply 3056
Original post by huntethan
yea i will be going this sep. for aerospace engineering. where are you going?

well i have bath bristol and warwick for econs, waiting for LSE.

so have to see haha
Reply 3057
Original post by iamlovinit05
Change pounds. The rate is good now. I might be changing sometime real soon.

YAY! That's exciting right (:
I didn't do anything after that. Maybe just decide on your choice of accommodation so that when the package comes you can immediately apply.

if u want to change money, go chinatown. from the exit facing people's park complex, turn left and walk towards the place selling alot of china food. at the edge is a money changer with very good rates. u will see people queuing everyday.

iamlovinit05, how much cash u intending to bring?

whitelily29, i have already chose my accom and eagerly waiting for 16april where i will be the first to chiong in and book. LOL! sometimes i felt so embarrassed of myself i am so kiasu that i finished buying all warm clothes and packing my luggage, did a google map scan of the uni surroundings and buses available and even check out which of my favourite shops are available in city center. :colondollar:

oh ya another thing u guys can probably do is to get some reference books for your course. i've heard that the books in uk is pretty expensive.

how i wish i can get there earlier to settle down but accom contract only starts on 1st sept.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3058
Information Session by University of Bath

Wed 7th March 2012

Wednesday 7 March 2012
Time: 1830 to 2030
Venue: Room 306, British Council,
30 Napier Road, Singapore 258509

If anyone interested to attend must register with British Council.
probably call in or check if u are able to reg via their website. just posting here because i saw some people discussing it.
if u want to change money, go chinatown. from the exit facing people's park complex, turn left and walk towards the place selling alot of china food. at the edge is a money changer with very good rates. u will see people queuing everyday.

iamlovinit05, how much cash u intending to bring?

whitelily29, i have already chose my accom and eagerly waiting for 16april where i will be the first to chiong in and book. LOL! sometimes i felt so embarrassed of myself i am so kiasu that i finished buying all warm clothes and packing my luggage, did a google map scan of the uni surroundings and buses available and even check out which of my favourite shops are available in city center. :colondollar:

oh ya another thing u guys can probably do is to get some reference books for your course. i've heard that the books in uk is pretty expensive.

how i wish i can get there earlier to settle down but accom contract only starts on 1st sept.

Hmm, maybe bringing about 1-2k pounds in cah physically? the rest will be in the bank. probably hsbc or something, still undecided.
How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest