The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cpdavis
in response:

PRSOM :rofl:

Well at least I can say you'll have the most standard sex life here :teehee:
Reply 662
The guys from Made in Chelsea seem like such d-bags. Still would though :colondollar:
Reply 663
I like to roam around all of the rooms in the citadel of chastity.

So empty and quiet, and I can stand on the ramparts and gaze over the wall and up into the stars and watch wistfully as the world moves by :moon:
Original post by cpdavis
Well at least I can say you'll have the most standard sex life here :teehee:

That would if totally honest be the least normal :tongue:
Go on then...
Mostly black and not much green. I'm a prude.
http://www.humansexmap.com/showmap.php?mapid=map4f84a841ec8919.12188152
I think I've managed to turn the map into a competitive game with my friend.

This is going to be interesting.
Reply 667
Om nom nom spanish omelette. :h:

Not even purples? Weirdo.
Reply 668
Original post by Terpsikhore
Go on then...
Mostly black and not much green. I'm a prude.
http://www.humansexmap.com/showmap.php?mapid=map4f84a841ec8919.12188152

You liked hot wax but didn't like ice? Interesting... :beard:

(for the record, those two greens on mine are classed as the 'don't like but I'll let you do it to me' band :tongue:
So I seem to be attracting the attention of older men (guess where?)

While I have always kept 'encounters' with people within 18-24(My age range) I am wondering if anyone has any 'experience' in this area (Older men e.g. 30s?)
I think I successfully managed to suck the romance out of marriage while discussing it with my flatmate. Does it make me a bad person to view marriage as a rather bad legally binding contract and not much else?

Original post by dbmag9
Om nom nom spanish omelette. :h:

Not even purples? Weirdo.

If you had read the reply to cp you would realise it isn't quite honest :tongue:
Reply 671
Original post by crazylemon
I think I successfully managed to suck the romance out of marriage while discussing it with my flatmate. Does it make me a bad person to view marriage as a rather bad legally binding contract and not much else?

Just seems to me to be an incomplete way of looking at it: sure, a lot of the incentive to get married is about legal structures, but a large part of it is still about loving someone, and wanting to share that with the people around you, and using an ingrained, long-established tradition to do that is what lends the ceremony its power.
Original post by dbmag9
Just seems to me to be an incomplete way of looking at it: sure, a lot of the incentive to get married is about legal structures, but a large part of it is still about loving someone, and wanting to share that with the people around you, and using an ingrained, long-established tradition to do that is what lends the ceremony its power.

Personally if I love someone then I don't need a ceremony to show it to everyone else. Marriage used to be traditionally far more effective imprisonment of the woman. Just because something is traditional doesn't make it a good thing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 673
Original post by crazylemon
Personally if I love someone then I don't need a ceremony to show it to everyone else. Marriage used to be traditionally far more effective imprisonment of the woman. Just because something is traditional doesn't make it a good thing.

Sure, nothing wrong with feeling like that. But even though lots of the history of marriage is a bit rubbish, the way it connects us to the past can make it a more powerful way of expressing feelings (in the same way that The Last Post gains importance because it's the same tune that's been played at the Menin Gate for many years, though another tune might be just as poignant).
Original post by IGX_RSV2

While I have always kept 'encounters' with people within 18-24(My age range) I am wondering if anyone has any 'experience' in this area (Older men e.g. 30s?)

I slept with one guy who was about 30. He was absolutely lovely.
Reply 675

Nothing wrong with that. I slept with a 33-year-old guy and it was amazing. The good thing is that they're - usually - more experienced, hence they know their way around the bedroom :wink:
Original post by L.O.V.E.
The guys from Made in Chelsea seem like such d-bags. Still would though :colondollar:

This but I would so get done by Hugo or Spencer :sexface:
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
I think I've managed to turn the map into a competitive game with my friend.

This is going to be interesting.

She had more greens, I had more purples! :teehee:

One of my partners is 33. The oldest person I've been with was 39. I also know a ridiculously hot 49 year old :p:

Age isn't really an issue for me so long as there's attraction.
Original post by dbmag9
Sure, nothing wrong with feeling like that. But even though lots of the history of marriage is a bit rubbish, the way it connects us to the past can make it a more powerful way of expressing feelings (in the same way that The Last Post gains importance because it's the same tune that's been played at the Menin Gate for many years, though another tune might be just as poignant).

Possibly. Maybe my mind will change one day. I just have a general dislike of institutions, particularly when they are intertwined with the state

Latest