The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Excited!!

Can not wait to start Psychology at Bangor University in September!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm getting so excited about going there now! Off to the admission day on Saturday, can't wait to see it :biggrin:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by marieeeeeeee10

Can I just ask... how do you pronounce Bangor? I thought it was Ban-gor, but someone said they were applying to "Banger" university and I was like o.O
Reply 3
Original post by britchick
Can I just ask... how do you pronounce Bangor? I thought it was Ban-gor, but someone said they were applying to "Banger" university and I was like o.O

The proper Welsh pronounciation is how it's spelled, Ban-gor, but most people say it pretty quickly in conversation so it just becomes Banger :tongue:

Well I'm English so I say it like Bang-er but most of the Welsh people here put emphasis on the "or"
Just say it like Bang-er, because it sounds weird if you dont have a strong welsh accent and you say "Bang-or" :tongue:
Original post by madders94
I'm getting so excited about going there now! Off to the admission day on Saturday, can't wait to see it :biggrin:

It seems like an awesome Uni. I live in Bangor and I've heard nothing but good things about it from friends that have gone there! Just bring an umbrella because it never stops raining! :tongue:
Reply 6
It seems like an awesome Uni. I live in Bangor and I've heard nothing but good things about it from friends that have gone there! Just bring an umbrella because it never stops raining! :tongue:

I'm all too used to the Welsh weather, I live about an hour down the coast (near Barmouth) and I think almost every time we've gone up Bangor shopping (usually about once a month), it's rained :biggrin:

The lecturer sucks. She came to our school.
Reply 8
Original post by Miracle Day
The lecturer sucks. She came to our school.

There's over 50 Psychology lecturers and professors at Bangor :tongue:
Reply 9
I'm very excited!! I even bought an umbrella today :')
Reply 10
I hope you like hills! I did my first degree there and I vividly remember trying to get down one of them when it was all icey. there was a lot of hanging onto fences and bushes I can tell you! Great university though, and not a bad place to live, especially in the summer with all the gorgeous beaches on Anglessey :smile:
Went to Bangor admissions day today! Very impressed so I'm glad it's my first choice. Everyone was really lovely and very accommodating of me being awkward with my crutches :redface: I'm very excited about the course I'm going to be doing, got a chance to speak to some of the peer guides and also a couple of the lecturers and I got to see one of the rooms in accommodation - unfortunately not Reichel, but I've actually decided now that, now I know how much money I'll be getting through funding etc, I'm going to go for one of the newer accommodation blocks, so it was great to have a look around, the rooms are lovely and it's made me even more excited!

By the way, if any of you have facebook, post in the Bangor 2012 Applicants Social Group :smile: http://www.facebook.com/BangorUniversity2012Applicants

hardly any body pronounces it like "BANG-OR" the only people who do are very very welsh or farmers but thats because of their accent, i live about half hour away from bangor and nearly everyone i know pronounces it like "BANG-ER"

Im off to bangor university next year to study sport science and psychololgy, any body else doing a similar course?
<>
(edited 8 years ago)
My Welsh teachers at school and one friend who is incredibly incredibly Welsh are literally the only people I've ever met who have called it Bang-or. And a radio interviewer from South Wales when I did an interview once. Apart from that it's always been Banger :biggrin:
My Welsh teachers at school and one friend who is incredibly incredibly Welsh are literally the only people I've ever met who have called it Bang-or. And a radio interviewer from South Wales when I did an interview once. Apart from that it's always been Banger :biggrin:

I call it Bang-or.

Think Psychology.

Think Bangor :smile:
Original post by Miracle Day
I call it Bang-or.

Think Psychology.

Think Bangor :smile:

You're from Cardiff aren't you?

If so, I think it is a South Welsh thing... the history teacher at my secondary school was South Walian, and she pronounced it like Bang-or :smile:
You're from Cardiff aren't you?

If so, I think it is a South Welsh thing... the history teacher at my secondary school was South Walian, and she pronounced it like Bang-or :smile:

Oh right. It sounds more welsh imo
Am I the only one who has started to think about what clubs and societies they want to join? :smile:
Original post by mammamia:0
Am I the only one who has started to think about what clubs and societies they want to join? :smile:

not at all, ive been researching into different societies and clubs to join because im a very active individual, theres so many you can join, i plan on joining the uni rugby team, also the hiking club and the mountain biking club, you can find them all on the bangor website, what clubs where you interested in joining?

Quick Reply

Latest