The Student Room Group

Poll: How are you feeling about starting the new academic year?

This poll is closed

How are you feeling about starting the new academic year?

I'm feeling nervous32%
I'm feeling excited!22%
Indifferent - it's just another year7%
I'm feeling overwhelmed23%
Curious to see what's in store16%
Other - let us know in the comments1%
Total votes: 581
It's that time of year again :K: the new academic year is just around the corner. We want to know how you're feeling about it! :tongue:

Are you excited to see your friends, or maybe a bit nervous about new classes and challenges? This poll is your chance to share your thoughts and connect with your peers as we all gear up for another school year. :woo:

So, let's make some noise and take a moment to let us know how you're feeling about starting the new academic year.

Scroll to see replies

can we just take a moment to appreciate how quick the past year has gone
like how has it already been an entire year?
As someone in full time work for the past decade, I couldn't give a flying fig about the new academic year lmao.
Reply 3
I'm excited for it but the stress and burnout from GCSEs are still fresh which is kinda offputting.
petrified for year 11 and gcses
Original post by CamembertPaws
It's that time of year again :K: the new academic year is just around the corner. We want to know how you're feeling about it! :tongue:

Are you excited to see your friends, or maybe a bit nervous about new classes and challenges? This poll is your chance to share your thoughts and connect with your peers as we all gear up for another school year. :woo:

So, let's make some noise and take a moment to let us know how you're feeling about starting the new academic year.

Excited but nervous- doing my third year research project this year :eek4: Also can't believe its my last year at uni either!

Original post by fluffypink12345

Was talking about that the other day! Can't believe it's September already :nah:
Although the weather feels kinda Autumn-ey though :biggrin:
let’s just say that I hope this year goes faster
I'm very excited to start university :biggrin: Can't wait to meet everyone, have fun and study psychology! Will miss my family but luckily I won't be too far so I'll pop down and see them often.
Original post by Guru Jason
As someone in full time work for the past decade, I couldn't give a flying fig about the new academic year lmao.

then why are you here????
Original post by Louis Hazells
then why are you here????

Why are you? I joined as a student a long time ago lmao
Reply 10
I'm looking forward to it because believe it or not, summer and particularly the resit period are my busiest parts of the year. I'm hoping for a wee bit of peace come October :lol:
A bit nervous about going back as I’m going into Year 13. I also have virtual learning the first week because of the concrete problems, that my school had spent the whole year stabilising.
So annoyed
Original post by fluffypink12345

No literally like I can't believe this is my final year of secondary school; year 7 was yesterday and GCSE's were literally two minutes ago I swear down
Reply 13
About to start uni, so a combination of excited, curious and really really nervous haha!
Final year of school!! I am nervous but also excited :biggrin:
Coming into IB year 2, I haven't really had a break during the summer anyway so indifferent, I guess.
I’ll be starting my first year of undergraduate level chemistry.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what the next stage of education entails, though I am admittedly a little anxious at the same time given I know the workload will be a lot and the expectations will be very high. But at least I will better myself in terms of time management etc, which gives me something else to look forward to.
Reply 17
starting year 12 taking 4 a levels (maths, further maths, physics and bio), so very nervous about not understanding/ losing motivation and falling behind lol
Original post by penee_925
starting year 12 taking 4 a levels (maths, further maths, physics and bio), so very nervous about not understanding/ losing motivation and falling behind lol

I'm starting year 12 too, but I'm excited to meet new people and to kinda reinvent myself! :P
Reply 19
Original post by taylor2317
I'm starting year 12 too, but I'm excited to meet new people and to kinda reinvent myself! :P

thats true it's not all bad :smile: and no more school uniform 🙌

Quick Reply

Latest