The Student Room Group

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience?

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone! Congratulations to those of you who have received your offers this far!!

Firstly, i've got my second interview coming up and was wondering what i should be expecting?
Furthermore, do you think i've made a mistake; i originally applied for the Birmingham office, but was then given the opportunity to switch to the London office after my first interview and i took this opportunity!
Now i realise it was a high risk as the London office is obviously a lot more competitive than any other, so was wondering if anyone has had an offer from here and what i should be expecting in general?

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 841
Original post by SRaza94
i got my reply within a couple if days, but this was when it wasn't busy so it may take longer now.
yep they only ask from the competencies they've listed in the email
good luck!

ah thanks. then how long until you then were able to book the final interview?
Reply 842
Original post by phleas
ah thanks. then how long until you then were able to book the final interview?

1.5 months!!!
Reply 843
wow thats mad! when do u think is the latest that they will tell me if i get it? could they wait until august or could it be by mid june? didnt you have to wait a long time for your next interview because it was v busy?? :frown:
Reply 844
Final interview tomorrow! :s-smilie:
I only had 3 and a half days to prep for it and I had an exam today, should I bring this up or does it look like I'm making excuses?
Reply 845
Hi,

My name is Timothy Khoo (you can find me on facebook). I am currently on the school leavers programme, durham/london office. If anyone would like any questions in regards to the programme, I would be glad to help.

my email is: [email protected]

I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Timothy Khoo
Reply 846
Original post by phleas
wow thats mad! when do u think is the latest that they will tell me if i get it? could they wait until august or could it be by mid june? didnt you have to wait a long time for your next interview because it was v busy?? :frown:

yeah it was mad, i'm not saying you'll have to wait as long as i did, but the time varies especially if you apply for the london office, i think it's more competitive.
i don't think it'll be too long now
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pjp1993
Just received my phone call from the partner who interviewed me and I got the job!

Any questions, let me know... I applied for Durham/London

Hey, just booked in my final interview for 30th May at London! I Was wondering what the analysis exercise consists of so i could do some practise as it would save some time knowing seeing as i have plenty of exams to revise for!! And congratulations on your offer btw :smile: Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S its quite odd, the presentation brief i've been given is different to what everyone else is saying they did for theirs =/
Reply 848
Original post by justneedhelp
Hey, just booked in my final interview for 30th May at London! I Was wondering what the analysis exercise consists of so i could do some practise as it would save some time knowing seeing as i have plenty of exams to revise for!! And congratulations on your offer btw :smile: Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S its quite odd, the presentation brief i've been given is different to what everyone else is saying they did for theirs =/

Congratulations!

Yeah I totally get where you're coming from with regards to exams, I spent quite a while preparing for my interview so I'll help you out as much as I can.

Basically the analysis exercise consists of you having to read through a lot of information about a company; emails, orders, price lists etc. You have to do some calculations and then write a reply to the company with figures and other advice etc.

You will run out of time, I literally finished as she took the paper off me with another paragraph I could have written. Just follow the instructions and you can't go far wrong- I think it's testing your ability to calculate as well as your attention to detail so make sure you read through everything.

Other than that, prepare your presentation... I didn't actually fully prepare it, just had a few key points and spoke about it because it was a subject I know quite a lot about. Make sure you know your topic because they can ask some questions which require external/previous knowledge about a chosen topic.

Good luck!

P.s. My presentation was a 'recent business story'... I did the change in corporation tax and the result on the banking sector (my assessor was a banking auditor so worked really well). They don't ask everyone to do the same presentation as far as I'm aware.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pjp1993
Congratulations!

Yeah I totally get where you're coming from with regards to exams, I spent quite a while preparing for my interview so I'll help you out as much as I can.

Basically the analysis exercise consists of you having to read through a lot of information about a company; emails, orders, price lists etc. You have to do some calculations and then write a reply to the company with figures and other advice etc.

You will run out of time, I literally finished as she took the paper off me with another paragraph I could have written. Just follow the instructions and you can't go far wrong- I think it's testing your ability to calculate as well as your attention to detail so make sure you read through everything.

Other than that, prepare your presentation... I didn't actually fully prepare it, just had a few key points and spoke about it because it was a subject I know quite a lot about. Make sure you know your topic because they can ask some questions which require external/previous knowledge about a chosen topic.

Good luck!

P.s. My presentation was a 'recent business story'... I did the change in corporation tax and the result on the banking sector (my assessor was a banking auditor so worked really well). They don't ask everyone to do the same presentation as far as I'm aware.

Can i just say you're a star and thank you so much!! This actually helps quite a bit. If i get the place, seeing as we're both in London; i'll buy you a drink on me haha :P Yes my presentation is based on a recent business story as well i think, i'll do something different or just keep it economical as i know quite a bit on those types of topics! Would you mind if i ran you over my topic in a couple of days and asked for some advice on it? I'll understand if you're busy, dw everyone is in regards to exams atm so dw about it if you don't have the time!

Thanks once again!
Reply 850
Got my offer!
Birmingham uni and London Office
Thanks for everyone who writes on here it really helps alot.
Reply 851
Can i just say you're a star and thank you so much!! This actually helps quite a bit. If i get the place, seeing as we're both in London; i'll buy you a drink on me haha :P Yes my presentation is based on a recent business story as well i think, i'll do something different or just keep it economical as i know quite a bit on those types of topics! Would you mind if i ran you over my topic in a couple of days and asked for some advice on it? I'll understand if you're busy, dw everyone is in regards to exams atm so dw about it if you don't have the time!

Thanks once again!

yep sure, just drop me a message at some point!
Reply 852
I have just got a job at KPMG. Different from the school - leavers programme in that it's a new kind of call centre type role. Do they have any special rules on appearance.

I have my hair dip dyed - would this be a problem. Its brown and blonde but not extremely natural. I would be expecting to wear business attire.
Reply 853
Original post by Syrupie
I have just got a job at KPMG. Different from the school - leavers programme in that it's a new kind of call centre type role. Do they have any special rules on appearance.

I have my hair dip dyed - would this be a problem. Its brown and blonde but not extremely natural. I would be expecting to wear business attire.

Call centre role? KPMG don't run call centres... is it in pensions?

If it's in the office then you'll be expected to wear business casual. Hair isn't a big thing if you're not client facing but I know someone who has half black/half pink hair. She has received one or two comments but she's client facing and that's quite a clash.
Original post by pjp1993
yep sure, just drop me a message at some point!

Don't worry about it now :smile: Had my interview today, did my presentation on Whether Greece should leave the Euro along with the current economic crisis!
You were right, the written task was seriously holy moly and in terms of finishing apparently noone has ever finished! There's too much to write with such little time hah :P

I'll let you know if i get the place though :smile: Thanks for the help anyway!
Reply 855
Don't worry about it now :smile: Had my interview today, did my presentation on Whether Greece should leave the Euro along with the current economic crisis!
You were right, the written task was seriously holy moly and in terms of finishing apparently noone has ever finished! There's too much to write with such little time hah :P

I'll let you know if i get the place though :smile: Thanks for the help anyway!

Sounds good, let me know how you get on
Original post by pjp1993
Sounds good, let me know how you get on

I got the place :biggrin: London office and Exeter uni wooo :biggrin: !!

I'll be seeing you in Canary wharf in the summer :smile:
Reply 857
Does anyone know if there is an leniency with the grades at all?
I got the place :biggrin: London office and Exeter uni wooo :biggrin: !!

I'll be seeing you in Canary wharf in the summer :smile:

I got my offer a couple of months ago but was told that Exeter was full :mad: But I look forward to seeing you in Canary Wharf sometime!
Original post by hannahhh13
I got my offer a couple of months ago but was told that Exeter was full :mad: But I look forward to seeing you in Canary Wharf sometime!

I just got my offer on Monday with Exeter so i don't understand how they told you it was full a couple of months ago! Hmm maybe people dropped out of the scheme and i got lucky? :P Are you on the facebook group? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending