The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am sad. :frown:
Reply 3041
Original post by Mad Vlad

:hugs:
Reply 3042
What do people think about me bleaching my hair platinum blonde?

Every now and then you should take a day to drop off the radar and just do stuff that makes you happy, like rewatching a favourite movie or making your favourite foods :yes:
Original post by crazylemon
Oh the 7th is they day before my exam. I will not be going again then.

You have an exam on Sunday 8th July? Bad times :tongue:

:hugs: Listen to paddy, (for once) he has some good advice.

Every now and then you should take a day to drop off the radar and just do stuff that makes you happy, like rewatching a favourite movie or making your favourite foods :yes:

^This.

Original post by paddy

You'll probably find it easier than I did because your hair is lighter, but do be careful you don't damage your hair. Mine took three separate bleachings spaced a couple of weeks apart. Then once it's light enough, you can use a blue/purple toner to counteract the yellow tones and make it silver/white respectively.
Going to watch iron sky today :awesome:
So I'm supposed to be going on a date this afternoon. We arranged it last week and I've not seen him online so haven't had a chance to talk to him since. I text him yesterday asking if we were still on for today, no reply. I text him about an hour ago saying "Still on for later, or did you want to take a rain check?". No reply. If I'm to make it on time, I'd have to leave in about an hour and I still have to get ready.

I have a feeling that if I go I'm going to get stood up. Should I go? Or should I not bother? >< Chris says I should go, and if he doesn't turn up then he'll owe me. But if I do go and he doesn't show then I'll have put effort into looking nice and trudged out in the rain for nothing, plus being a Sunday on the Jubilee bank holiday weekend, it's not like there'll be anything else to do in the area really. Hmmm.

Original post by cpdavis
Going to watch iron sky today :awesome:

I was supposed to go on Tuesday, but I was ill so I missed out >< Chris went and told me it was awesome. He's bought the DVD which was delivered to work, so hopefully I'll watch it on Wednesday or Thursday :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Revd. Mike
So I'm supposed to be going on a date this afternoon. We arranged it last week and I've not seen him online so haven't had a chance to talk to him since. I text him yesterday asking if we were still on for today, no reply. I text him about an hour ago saying "Still on for later, or did you want to take a rain check?". No reply. If I'm to make it on time, I'd have to leave in about an hour and I still have to get ready.

I have a feeling that if I go I'm going to get stood up. Should I go? Or should I not bother? >< Chris says I should go, and if he doesn't turn up then he'll owe me. But if I do go and he doesn't show then I'll have put effort into looking nice and trudged out in the rain for nothing, plus being a Sunday on the Jubilee bank holiday weekend, it's not like there'll be anything else to do in the area really. Hmmm.

I wouldn't go. This guy sounds like a Grade-A douchebag. If you arranged a date he should at least be in touch to let you know if he's still planning on attending. If you don't go and he does show up, you're still perfectly in the right since you had no indication from his lack of response that he was actually going to be there. Instead you should do something fun chez toi. :smile:
Original post by Ars Ludicra
I wouldn't go. This guy sounds like a Grade-A douchebag. If you arranged a date he should at least be in touch to let you know if he's still planning on attending. If you don't go and he does show up, you're still perfectly in the right since you had no indication from his lack of response that he was actually going to be there. Instead you should do something fun chez toi. :smile:

If it was anyone else I'd totally be right there with you, the only thing that's making me hesitant is that he's such a nice guy; he'd be the last person I'd expect to randomly stand me up. Plus, MEGA HOT. Le sigh.
Original post by dbmag9

Thank you :hugs:

Original post by paddy

I think it'd look pretty nifty :smile: I've always wanted to do mine platinum blonde, but I've never dared because it'd take so many goes to get it right with how dark my hair is.

Yeah... I've got a week and a half off from work now, so I'm going to chillax and just do stuff. I'm just feeling a bit down. I was supposed to be going to Download Festival on Wednesday, but my friends have all had to pull out (one for very genuine reasons, but the rest because they're useless lightweight ****s) so I've not got anyone to go with :frown: A guy from work is going and I'm supposed to be camping with him and his girlfriend, but I'm not getting on so well with him at the moment and I don't know him very well, or any of his friends. I'm gutted because Download has always been a thing that I've done with my friends and that I've always enjoyed, but I don't think it'll be the same without my friends to hang around with. :frown:

I think I'm not going to go. :sad:

I was supposed to go on Tuesday, but I was ill so I missed out >< Chris went and told me it was awesome. He's bought the DVD which was delivered to work, so hopefully I'll watch it on Wednesday or Thursday :biggrin:

I wouldn't go personally as he might not be there (ie conals advice) have you tried calling him?

At cinema now, only me and 5 others here. Perfect :biggrin:

This was posted secretly from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 3050
Original post by Terpsikhore
I have (my regards to the chef - I expect to receive my slice in the mail shortly). And I point you in the direction of my February post, in which I revealed the following confections:

zDsc_0447.jpg

Poor photo I know (didn't want to unwrap a cake to take a photo of it), but I believe it can be seen that the cakes are red, green and blue marbled.

Which is a long-winded way of saying: Bitch, please, I did it first. :p:

Ahem :colonhash:

Chocolate, strawberry, and lemon meringue.

If we be talking cakes, I aint letting nobody out-bake me.

The shoes are edible. EDIBLE.

Isn't it like... the gayest thing you've ever seen.
Original post by Liam_G
Isn't it like... the gayest thing you've ever seen.

I dunno, I've seen a fair bit of men having sex with men :mmm:
Reply 3052
I dunno, I've seen a fair bit of men having sex with men :mmm:

Well I wouldn't know anything about that, because I am an innocent flower :bigsmile:
Original post by liam_g
well i wouldn't know anything about that, because i am an innocent flower :bigsmile:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one.
Well, Chris encouraged me to go and I thought that if he didn't show then at least I could explore the area or something. I'd just finished making myself look vaguely presentable and was about to leave, when I got a text from him asking for a rain check as he had too many bills. Part of me is a little annoyed that he left it so late to contact me when it wasn't an urgent reason for cancelling (I would have understood more if he'd been ill or had an emergency or something). Part of me's kind of relieved that I don't have to trek out in the fairly dreach weather. Plus I was feeling pretty unsexy today anyway, so probably for the best. Ah well.

Now I'm just at a bit of a loose end. I suppose I'll probably end up wasting away the day on the Xbox or something, but having worked myself up to going out I kind of want to do something. Just nothing that involves going anywhere near Central, so I'm a bit limited I suppose. Meh.
You have an exam on Sunday 8th July? Bad times :tongue:

:hugs: Listen to paddy, (for once) he has some good advice.

^This.

You'll probably find it easier than I did because your hair is lighter, but do be careful you don't damage your hair. Mine took three separate bleachings spaced a couple of weeks apart. Then once it's light enough, you can use a blue/purple toner to counteract the yellow tones and make it silver/white respectively.

I had june in my head. I which cast the answer is still no, I will be in the US
Reply 3056
I am going to the Tortoise Fair! :awesome:
Iron Sky is such a good movie :awesome:

Original post by dbmag9
I am going to the Tortoise Fair! :awesome:

Bring me too :puppyeyes:
Reply 3058
The Tortoise Fair was fun! The tortoise race was very exciting. :yep:
Reply 3059
Ugh, I have to see my **** of a father tonight :frown:... He doesn't seem to understand that him trying to kill me kinda dampens the father-son relationship

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191

Latest