The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sc0307
Lol...not a bad idea!

I'm full of ideas.

In other news... my washing machine has decided to start a spin cycle. Not getting any sleep for the time being then...
Reply 3681
Original post by Mad Vlad
I'm full of ideas.

In other news... my washing machine has decided to start a spin cycle. Not getting any sleep for the time being then...

Sad times...not as bad as the time when I started a cycle with no detergent or fabric softener and had to wait till it ended to start another. What a long night that was!
Reply 3682
I'm full of ideas.

I have decided to watch Tim Minchin on Youtube. I am also not getting any sleep for the foreseeable future either...
Heyy everyone.

Thought I'd check back in here as it has been quite a while since my last post. I've been madly busy packing my life up into boxes and moving out of my student flat (sadface) and into a temp place for the summer before moving to another uni for my postgrad studies where I may continue being a cheap and lowly student for another 4 years (happyface).

How're you all doing? Anyone got any interesting plans for the summer? I'm sorry to say that I have none. All of my mates have gone home for the summer so I'm pretty much just killing time until september. :frown:
Original post by sc0307
Haha, well I just came across this thread today and saw all these new people joining in so i thought why not!

So....I'm 18, 19 in only 20 days time! I came out to my Mum on 12th March 2011 (funny how I know the exact date lol) after a relationship ended really badly for me. She took it really well which I wasn't surprised about. The rest of my family pretty much know but haven't actually told them yet apart from one of my brothers. I can't think of many of my friends that don't know (apparently it's quite obvious to some people) and I personally don't hide it. Just finished first year of uni and not sure what to do for the next 5 months of my life...anyone please feel free to give me a few ideas how to pass the time productively.

I think I should stop there now :tongue:

:hi:

I'm in the same position. Trying not to go insane. I'd say all the stuff others suggested "volunteer work, summer job... etc" But that's all standard. Just don't go insane!

:afraid:
Reply 3685
Morning gays, hello new people. Fill in the questionnaire, tell us (more) about yourselves etc..
Reply 3686
Meemeemee a moop moop. I dunno what to say, so there you go.
I have an assessment for a tutoring agency :awesome:
It seems I'm unemployable, woe.
The closest I have got to a job so far was for one that was listed as temporary but it really meant they want the option to get rid of people after the temporary period but be available if they deem you good enough. :rolleyes:

I suppose it's my fault as I'm 20 years old with not a lot of experience. :frown:
I still think I have a chance with a few places though so I'll just continue to apply.
Reply 3689

I want puppy train plz.
Reply 3690

I want these fings too.
Reply 3691
Original post by Liam_G

I want these fings too.

There is an amazing photo on Facebook of a (hawt) friend of mine covered in tiger cubs. It sorta maxes out cuteness. :h:
Reply 3692
The weather was awesomes and I was outside sunbathing/revising when the window cleaner appeared, so I retreated inside as I was sans clothing, and now a colossal grey cloud has blocked out the sun :emo:
New computer works! :woo: Yay! :awesome: Now I can haz two tabs open at the same time without my computer crashing :3
FFS. All I want is a job I won't hate. I'm not interested in promotions! I don't care about skill development or career advancement! I just want steady work that won't drain my soul. Not in a supermarket, not in a call centre. Just something vaguely related to science, somewhere in the East of England, that I can stay in for the next 5 or 10 years. Get a house, build a life.

I'm so sick of the uncertainty and the waiting and the being pushed to apply for menial jobs that I really don't want because of the overwhelming fear and dread that once I give up and start working in a factory or as a secretary, I won't ever be able to get out. I just want to settle down.

Why is that so hard, guys?
I have a phone interview for a job! :biggrin: It's really only for a week or so during Freshers but I'll take any money I can get and I can put it on my CV which is pretty lacking in any actual experience.

Now I just have to be up and alert for 10 am tommorow. :eek:
FFFFFFFFFUUUU- The vivas start tomorrow. The ****ing uni STILL hasn't released the timetable, so no one knows when their viva is. All we've had is an email back at the start of Feb saying "The vivas will take place on Thu and Fri 14/15 Jun. Make yourself available for both days. The precise day/time you'll be required to attend won't be released until a few days before hand." THEY'RE TOMORROW. TOMORROW. WHY DO WE STILL NOT KNOW?!

I so want to quote House in this thread...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2029231

[EDIT] Looks like someone already has :laugh:

Tsk tsk, lupus is actually quite a serious disease :tongue:

Original post by Make-Me-A-Geek
Been watching this thread and omg you lot are great, keep me amused and ease my boredom lol so thought u would drop a line and say howdy

Commitment is the key to achieving all your hopes and dreams :smile:

Original post by billybolton
Hey. New gay here. Just thought i'd say hi. :smile:

Original post by sc0307
Hey everyone, mind if I join in?

Original post by Gews
Meemeemee a moop moop. I dunno what to say, so there you go.

Welcome all you newbies! Stay forever :h:

Original post by Terpsikhore
FFS. All I want is a job I won't hate. I'm not interested in promotions! I don't care about skill development or career advancement! I just want steady work that won't drain my soul. Not in a supermarket, not in a call centre. Just something vaguely related to science, somewhere in the East of England, that I can stay in for the next 5 or 10 years. Get a house, build a life.

I'm so sick of the uncertainty and the waiting and the being pushed to apply for menial jobs that I really don't want because of the overwhelming fear and dread that once I give up and start working in a factory or as a secretary, I won't ever be able to get out. I just want to settle down.

Why is that so hard, guys?

I totally feel you :console: I'm so sick of my current job (very menial, the 'science' I get to do as a token gesture is minimal, constantly belittled and undervalued), and the assurances of the actual research post the head of the centre was going to make for me are starting to dwindle into "maybes" and "we'll sees". So in a fit of fed-upness, I spent a good two hours yesterday job searching and wow, was I even more miserable afterwards :tongue:
Reply 3697
Hello lots of new peoples.

Original post by Liam_G

I want to cuddle a shark.

But sharks aren't all that fluffy...

Original post by dbmag9
I saw him a few weeks ago, he talked about his desire to **** Justin Bieber until he cries. :awesome:

It is the only worthwhile thing that could be done with Justin Bieber I suspect.

Latest