The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4020
Original post by Revd. Mike
Whenever I try making excess food for leftovers, I end up just eating it all -_- Such a fatty.

You're not the only one who does that. Whenever I bake, I never keep what I've made. It rarely lasts the day. I can't just leave it there on it's own.
Original post by Revd. Mike
Whenever I try making excess food for leftovers, I end up just eating it all -_- Such a fatty.

Original post by Laertes
You're not the only one who does that. Whenever I bake, I never keep what I've made. It rarely lasts the day. I can't just leave it there on it's own.

If only I knew people like you guys in real life so I could have someone to mop up everything that I bake. After all I bake mainly for fun but not really eating them.
Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
If only I knew people like you guys in real life so I could have someone to mop up everything that I bake. After all I bake mainly for fun but not really eating them.

I do this. I love baking but I'm actually not that keen on cake or biscuits. I rarely, if ever, eat what I bake.

Banana and chocolate muffins are the main exception. I have such a weakness for those things. I could eat 3 of them warm and straight from the tin.
Original post by twinlensreflex
Evening gays. How is everyone? I've got a ****ing huge insect bite on my foot. >.<

I like the spontaneity of the bit about the insect bite on your foot. :biggrin: I chose spontaneity because I didn't know the noun for random. :rolleyes:

By the way I've got flour on my feet and my slippers because I have been on a croissant baking marathon over the last two days. I think I'm addicted to making them. ESPECIALLY when they're fully proofed, so plump, puffy and jiggly. :colone: And occasionally I have this evil thought of squashing them just so I could hear the gas escaping. Muahahaha
Original post by Terpsikhore
I do this. I love baking but I'm actually not that keen on cake or biscuits. I rarely, if ever, eat what I bake.

Banana and chocolate muffins are the main exception. I have such a weakness for those things. I could eat 3 of them warm and straight from the tin.

Most of the time I like the taste of my bakes but there's an issue and that's the calorie count. That said I still enjoy the process of making it more than the tasting part. My lack of sweet tooth might also explain part of that phenomenon too.
Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
Most of the time I like the taste of my bakes but there's an issue and that's the calorie count. That said I still enjoy the process of making it more than the tasting part. My lack of sweet tooth might also explain part of that phenomenon too.

I just don't like dry things. :rolleyes: Cake is tolerable if it's very moist, smothered in icing and served with a hefty cup of tea. Anything dry, crunchy or crumbly gets a 'bleh' from me.

I mostly bake as a mean of buying friendship, actually, which is a bit sad now I think about it.
Reply 4026
I just don't like dry things. :rolleyes: Cake is tolerable if it's very moist, smothered in icing and served with a hefty cup of tea.

Reply 4027
My friends used to make me cake. It was good.
Reply 4028

I mostly bake as a mean of buying friendship, actually, which is a bit sad now I think about it.

That would totally work on me.
Roll on September 13th ! - Season 4 premiere of Glee if anyone's wondering haha
Original post by Laertes

Remind me next time I come to Mancs and I'll bring cake.
I just don't like dry things. :rolleyes: Cake is tolerable if it's very moist, smothered in icing and served with a hefty cup of tea. Anything dry, crunchy or crumbly gets a 'bleh' from me.

Oh my gosh! We've got more in common than I thought! I despise dry cakes too!!!!! And I find cupcakes generally quite dry which is why I refuse to bake it till now. And I don't do fondants because it simply makes dry cakes even worse by making it sickly sweet. Buttercream's the way to go for me. And ganaches. I sometimes use baking as a way to lure my friends to come over for a small gathering. In fact there is a croissant morning tea taking place tomorrow. Haha!
Reply 4032
If anyone ever made me carrot cake I would love them forever.

Carrot cake is king of cakes.
Original post by Liam_G
My friends used to make me cake. It was good.

Original post by Laertes

WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT PEOPLE THAT I KNOW IN REAL LIFE??

Pardon the capital letters.
Reply 4034
Original post by seanfromtheblock
I did that a couple of months ago, had **** all money left, so made some horrific lentil concoction that would do about 10 meals, and managed to burn it.:

Oh but it is so lovely. I must spread the word! A panoply of vegetables :u:

Original post by Liam_G
'Oh, good Lord that's moist.'

Miranda <3 Such fun!

Re cake: yes please. I'll bring tea.

Edit: I have four Earl Grey and four Assam left... since when?! How will I last until Friday - I drink enough green tea as it is. This is just the worse thing ever.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4035
Original post by Liam_G
If anyone ever made me carrot cake I would love them forever.

Carrot cake is king of cakes.

:colonhash:

And to think, I called you cool.

Cake should not have fruit or vegetables in it.
Reply 4036
I never used to like carrot cake, but I had some a few months back that was also full of raisins and things and was really moist. It was yummy.
Reply 4037
Sudden influx of cake related posts :teeth:

Original post by Laertes
:colonhash:

And to think, I called you cool.

Cake should not have fruit or vegetables in it.

Fruit cake <3

When did you call me cool? :rofl2: I have too much dork to know what to do with it.
I think we need a TSR baking pot-luck meet.
Reply 4039
Original post by Liam_G
Sudden influx of cake related posts :teeth:

Fruit cake <3

When did you call me cool? :rofl2: I have too much dork to know what to do with it.

I don't know. I'm sure I did. Probably.

Anyway, my point is, cake should not involve fruit or vegetables and I expected better from you, Liam.

Latest