The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thurin
Do you know them, though?

I have recently just cleared out my 'holding bay', including all of the Indonesians and Japanese (I know, right...) There's one guy I met over a year and a half ago from a midnight train still there (:sexface: ... no, okay, nothing like that :tongue: ) and several others longer than that. And recently some random gay Oxonian. He can stay in there, for a while at least.

dbmag9? :p:
Reply 5161
Original post by thurin
There's one guy I met over a year and a half ago from a midnight train still there (:sexface: ... no, okay, nothing like that :tongue: ) and several others longer than that. And recently some random gay Oxonian. He can stay in there, for a while at least.

# Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit... #

Original post by Tortious
dbmag9? :p:

:hmmm:
Original post by dbmag9
# Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit... #

:hmmm:

You should be flattered that I remembered you! :haughty:
The Internet is my playground - it's where I can find out an incredible amount from only a few snippets of information. I need the right ones though. :cool:

Said like that it sounds cool and not in the least stalkerish :colone:

Oh, I totally understand wanting to tell them - I just meant there's no rush (although I came out to my mum in the course of an argument and to my dad in two minutes flat...). As Craig will tell you I've told him, I saw a great video where a guy describes coming out as like throwing up - you know when you need to do it! :p:

Not sure who Craig is, but nice to meet him :tongue: I hope the moment that the gag comes is the right one, though haha

I'm probably not the best person to advise since I'm about a Kinsey 5.5 (:mmm:), but I can see how a shift from one end to the other would throw you. I'm sure you'll figure it out - it just takes time. :smile:

Well, I don't feel confused, but I am right there with you in the thing that it'll take time before I'm used to it. I just know I'm attracted to both sexes and am aware that the attraction to one can be a bit more intense than to the other as time passes.

And yes, it all made sense - except the "river Lune" part... :erm:

It's the river around which Lancaster is built :biggrin: I imagine it must be really cold, thus my statement that I'd jump in it if what I had said made any sense. But it was merely for dramatic purposes! Don't make me act on my word haha

EDIT: Looking at the scale..right now I think I'm a 4 going on a 5 some times :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by FrozenCharlotte
Said like that it sounds cool and not in the least stalkerish :colone:

No comment. :cool:

Not sure who Craig is, but nice to meet him :tongue: I hope the moment that the gag comes is the right one, though haha

Sorry, I thought you'd have picked up his name from somewhere in this thread since it's what everyone calls him! He's cpdavis. :p:

Well, I don't feel confused, but I am right there with you in the thing that it'll take time before I'm used to it. I just know I'm attracted to both sexes and am aware that the attraction to one can be a bit more intense than to the other as time passes.

Ride it out and see what happens! Please accept this hilarious blog in recognition of you entering a "girl phase" ("phase" in the sense of "lunar phases", which come in cycles, rather than something which will wear off!).

It's the river around which Lancaster is built :biggrin: I imagine it must be really cold, thus my statement that I'd jump in it if what I had said made any sense. But it was merely for dramatic purposes! Don't make me act on my word haha

I'd make a joke about "Frozen Charlotte" but that's not your real name. :sad:

EDIT: Looking at the scale..right now I think I'm a 4 going on a 5 some times :smile:

Interesting. My "husband" (long story) at Cambridge said he's about a 2, and I said I was a 5.5/6. I observed that that makes him more gay than it makes me straight. :p:
Ride it out and see what happens! Please accept this hilarious blog in recognition of you entering a "girl phase" ("phase" in the sense of "lunar phases", which come in cycles, rather than something which will wear off!).

:rofl2: I get in there and it says "your gaydar sucks"! 'Tis too true. I think that's one of the reasons I couldn't "ride it out". The other being I was told Lancaster wasn't the best place to enter a girl-pining phase :sad:

Very many thanks for the initiation, though :laugh:

I'd make a joke about "Frozen Charlotte" but that's not your real name. :sad:

By saying that I think you were already making a bit of a joke :tongue: But still, go right ahead! I do like awfu puns!

Interesting. My "husband" (long story) at Cambridge said he's about a 2, and I said I was a 5.5/6. I observed that that makes him more gay than it makes me straight. :p:

Oh you lawyers...always knowing how to turn a phrase to your advantage :evil:

And I wish you and your husband all the marital (and probably sex-deprived) happiness in the world xDD
Original post by FrozenCharlotte
:rofl2: I get in there and it says "your gaydar sucks"! 'Tis too true. I think that's one of the reasons I couldn't "ride it out". The other being I was told Lancaster wasn't the best place to enter a girl-pining phase :sad:

Very many thanks for the initiation, though :laugh:

Come to Cambridge with me - I genuinely know most of the LGBT girls there! I'm actually from up north near(ish) to Lancaster and I know what people mean. For some reason it's not particularly gay-friendly, although I wouldn't go so far as to say it's homophobic. :nah:

Oh you lawyers...always knowing how to turn a phrase to your advantage :evil:

You love it really. :sexface: Don't feel bad for him - he gives as good as he gets (he's a lawyer too).

And I wish you and your husband all the marital (and probably sex-deprived) happiness in the world xDD

Very much sex-deprived - we're "hoodies":

We're that close that until the middle of this year when I really started coming out, people (apparently) kept asking him if we were dating! :lol:
Haven't posted on here since what feels like ages. God you lots are chatty.

Anyways, tiring day at internship. The other interns can be dickheads and my supervisor can be a right ******** sometimes. Yes. Yes. Yes :frown:
Original post by anshul95
Haven't posted on here since what feels like ages. God you lots are chatty.

Anyways, tiring day at internship. The other interns can be dickheads and my supervisor can be a right ******** sometimes. Yes. Yes. Yes :frown:

What's the internship? :smile:
Reply 5169
I might not be going to the Fringe any more; I would only be able to be there for two nights if I went. :frown:
Reply 5170
Little lonesome in the room tonight, and it's only just gone ten o'clock :sad:
Reply 5171
Original post by thurin
Little lonesome in the room tonight

Threesome, twosome, lonesome? :p:
Reply 5172
Original post by dbmag9
Threesome, twosome, lonesome? :p:

In that order :sexface:
I had a bizzare moment of revelation today. Staying with a friends sister and they have a baby and I realised that by the time they were my age I would be forty. Then I remember all the random friends/relatives who used to tell me the last time they saw me I was little and how I thought they were old. Then I realised that the seeds for that sort of event are now being sown for me.
I think I might be over thinking while my brain has nothing to do (it hasn't even has to deal with more than the odd beer/g&t for 2 months now)

Original post by thurin
Little lonesome in the room tonight, and it's only just gone ten o'clock :sad:

:frown: why so?
Reply 5174
Original post by thurin
In that order :sexface:

The other order is probably more fun? Unless that was you confessing to a sex-driven killing spree. :s-smilie:
Reply 5175
Original post by crazylemon
:frown: why so?

In the room, ie. no one is there.

Original post by dbmag9
The other order is probably more fun? Unless that was you confessing to a sex-driven killing spree. :s-smilie:

Either that or I slowly drive them off :erm: Anyway...
Original post by thurin
In the room, ie. no one is there.

Either that or I slowly drive them off :erm: Anyway...

Sorry it is morning here. Brain not at full power until after morning tea.
What's the internship? :smile:

working with energy actuaries at Catlin. Ssssooo tedious at times.
:hi:, assorted gays :grin: How's life?

Ohai there ansh, lemon. You abandoned us for a while. See that it doesn't happen again. (neverr leeeave uss :colone: )

Original post by thurin
:hi:

Congratulations! :woo: Nice gown ahoy :bigsmile: (oh, and what Dan said. Nice picture. :sexface: )

A belated happy birthday to tPM as well! :smile:

London was fun, even if clubbing couldn't take place; now off to Belgium on the morrow. Try not to miss me too much. :wink:
Reply 5179
Bought tickets to Edinburgh and a few Fringe things, should be good. :awesome:

I really hope I've earned something substantial in the last two weeks to pay for all this though. Still haven't bought my flights to Israel... :s-smilie:

Original post by Undulipodia
London was fun, even if clubbing couldn't take place; now off to Belgium on the morrow. Try not to miss me too much. :wink:

If you fancy skipping across the border to Amsterdam/Rotterdam do let me know, I fly on Wednesday. Have fun though!

Latest