The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:eek: we cannot let them win! Come on guys, we're starting AS levels (most of us anyways). Any experiences people who've taken an AS want to share? Any fears people have?

Personally, I'm afraid of getting below a B in any of my AS's. Hope that doesn't come across as arrogant :s-smilie:

I'm afraid of getting anything below an A :lol:
I know that'll come across as arrogant, but blame Cambridge's obsession with UMS :colondollar:
Reply 81
Original post by usycool1
Hey! Haven't seen you for a while...

Did you see Pandora. admitting that Nadal is better than Federer? :colone:

I went on a trip for 3 weeks :smile: y'know, saw the world away from my computer screen :tongue:
I did not! what foolishness is THIS? Not good!
Any other exciting developments in my absence?
Reply 82
Original post by Pandora.
Perhaps, how do you know I wasn't lying? :proud:

:jumphug:

(I'm cheating doing it this way, but I couldn't find any nice comments :cry:)

Because I've talked known you on TSR for about a year now and I can tell when you're lying or when you're telling the truth :u: So I'm sure you weren't lying :colone:

:console: You must have some nice comments somewhere! :tongue: I like how you called it "usy style," by the way :cool:
Original post by -bethan-
Confusing isn't even the start of it my friend! How are you feeling in the run-up towards results day then? I'm sure you're pretty confident, since you're rather ingenious! :fan:

Haha, I'm actually far too foolish. Procrastination was my hamartia for GCSEs. I tergiversated all forms of edification until the last femtosecond! Albeit, I'm not worried as results are discordant for me. I don't require the self-aggrandizing facet of them to ascribe my encephalic faculties. I know how sapient I am, and how asinine I am in juxtaposition. I'm just a bumbling, senescence-ridden boy with quixotic hankering. :tongue:

You on the other hand, English, Maths, Science. You're an agglomerate, a profound subsuming of all disciplines into one intellectual entity. I've figurative icterus over your grades. :smile:.

You'll be fine for GCSEs. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 84
Evening folks :smile:

Football season starts tomorrow :woo:

A welcome distraction from GCSE results
What does everyone want to do at University? I'm thinking History or Law
Reply 86
:eek: we cannot let them win! Come on guys, we're starting AS levels (most of us anyways). Any experiences people who've taken an AS want to share? Any fears people have?

Personally, I'm afraid of getting below a B in any of my AS's. Hope that doesn't come across as arrogant :s-smilie:

Agreed also, and no, I don't find it arrogant at all! :tongue:
Reply 87
[QUOTE="usycool1;39074550"]Empyrean wins though! :yep:[/QUOTE

After much deliberation I can now conclude that ny fourth choice is eng lit. This of course is if I get an A at GCSE lol... Add it to the op then I can't change my mind again........
Argh, so much to add to the OP! :tongue:

Sorry to add to the workload, but please can I be added? :biggrin:

Biology, Chemistry, History and English Literature :tongue:
Reply 89
Because I've talked known you on TSR for about a year now and I can tell when you're lying or when you're telling the truth :u: So I'm sure you weren't lying :colone:

:console: You must have some nice comments somewhere! :tongue: I like how you called it "usy style," by the way :cool:
I knew you'd catch me out somewhere! :shakecane:

I was jealous of your profile :ahee:
Original post by Leelad

Which matches are on tomorrow? I haven't kept up with football since I was about 5. :ninja:
Original post by Leelad

And an un-welcome distraction to A-levels :colondollar: :wink:
Reply 91
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Perhaps Russian & History, I'm not overly sure right now though. :smile:

I was jealous of your profile :ahee:Which matches are on tomorrow? I haven't kept up with football since I was about 5. :ninja:

Isn't everyone playing tomorrow? :wink:
Reply 93
Isn't everyone playing tomorrow? :wink:
I knew that sounded like a stupid question. :ninja: I meant as in televised, terrestrial TV :tongue:
Hmmm... :beard:

Spoiler

:lol: well in that case... ..... ....

Di'd you like my sentence? :wink:
Reply 95

I was jealous of your profile :ahee:Which matches are on tomorrow? I haven't kept up with football since I was about 5. :ninja:

My team (Liverpool) are playing :smile: but none are on TV tomorrow, sadly.

I think the worrying about my results really hit me yesterday. Thinking of all sorts of possibilities now about what my results might be :biggrin:
Reply 96
Any experiences people who've taken an AS want to share? Any fears people have?

Start revising early and make sure you stay on top of your work. There is far more complex work in A-Level than in GCSE :yep:

Original post by shadab786ahmed
:frown: ah well... I wish I was in your year :eek: GCSEs are so slow! :redface: let me progress! :tongue:

Trust me, year 11 will go really quickly :yep:

Original post by meeow
I went on a trip for 3 weeks :smile: y'know, saw the world away from my computer screen :tongue:
I did not! what foolishness is THIS? Not good!
Any other exciting developments in my absence?

Great, I hope you had fun? :smile:

She's finally seen sense :yep:

Original post by Lucy96
Sorry to add to the workload, but please can I be added? :biggrin:

Biology, Chemistry, History and English Literature :tongue:

Sure, will just add you now! :smile:

I want to study Medicine!:mmm:
[QUOTE="g.k.galloway;39074687"]
Empyrean wins though! :yep:[/QUOTE

After much deliberation I can now conclude that ny fourth choice is eng lit. This of course is if I get an A at GCSE lol... Add it to the op then I can't change my mind again........

No :frown: history!
Hmmm... :beard:

Spoiler

Oho, the chuckles. :rolleyes:

Latest