The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hhforever
HAHA girls will always be girls...bring more quids then!

We'll save up on other areas, but not on shopping!
Original post by Lemonique
I am squealing with excitement tbh. :colone::colone::colone:
You would too. :tongue:

I'm going to HK next week and Bangkok at the end of the year. So my wardrobe is going to more than triple in size. FUN. :biggrin:
I am squealing with excitement tbh. :colone::colone::colone:
You would too. :tongue:

Original post by whitelily29
We'll save up on other areas, but not on shopping!

YEA! We absolutely have to ENJOY UK! What are the chances of experiencing student life in UK once again in this lifetime???(not forgetting to mention, the shopping)
Original post by jonobebe
anyone been to milan? do they have cheap hostels where u can stay for about 5 to 7 days?
how much does it cost for about a week (living expenses)?

I have only stayed over a night at Milan, but I have stayed in Rome, Florence, Naples, and finally, the atrociously expensive Venice... so I might be able to help.

Italy in general is very cheap, but it gets more expensive as you go North.... so I would imagine Milan is one of the more pricy part of Italy. Accommodation is always available and cheap prices.... you can even just 'land' in Milan train station and ask for one at the tourist office.... they are ususally extremely helpful, granted that they are open and not late for some appointment.

Otherwise, you can look them up online, which gives you the option of staying in hotels in hostel prices (had a 4 star hotel in Munich once for 30 euroes a night for two!) But if you're going REAL BUDGET, get those shared dorms; they are quite nice and dirt cheap. Do be careful with wallets and valuables though. And highly unrecommended if you're a gorgeous asian girl traveling alone!

During my previous eurotrips, I budged about 80 euros a day, including accommodation; that was as a student with all the student discounts, and excluding the eurail ticket price. Inclusive of the transportations, you might look at 100 euros, without shopping. But I emphasize again and again on great food (not gourmet, but GOOOOOOOOD food), so you might be able to save a lot more on food.

If you have any other questons, ask away!

PS - To ALL: Sine we're all heading to Europe, a eurotrip is highly recommended. It's expensive, granted, but it's a great experience, indulging yourself in various cultures and if you wish, drinking customs! Bar Crawls are very adventurous (especially when many americans are involved -- Barcelona, Rome, Paris, etc), but otherwise, very enjoyable!
Reply 3804
Original post by ofssinfoxes
I have only stayed over a night at Milan, but I have stayed in Rome, Florence, Naples, and finally, the atrociously expensive Venice... so I might be able to help.

Italy in general is very cheap, but it gets more expensive as you go North.... so I would imagine Milan is one of the more pricy part of Italy. Accommodation is always available and cheap prices.... you can even just 'land' in Milan train station and ask for one at the tourist office.... they are ususally extremely helpful, granted that they are open and not late for some appointment.

Otherwise, you can look them up online, which gives you the option of staying in hotels in hostel prices (had a 4 star hotel in Munich once for 30 euroes a night for two!) But if you're going REAL BUDGET, get those shared dorms; they are quite nice and dirt cheap. Do be careful with wallets and valuables though. And highly unrecommended if you're a gorgeous asian girl traveling alone!

During my previous eurotrips, I budged about 80 euros a day, including accommodation; that was as a student with all the student discounts, and excluding the eurail ticket price. Inclusive of the transportations, you might look at 100 euros, without shopping. But I emphasize again and again on great food (not gourmet, but GOOOOOOOOD food), so you might be able to save a lot more on food.

If you have any other questons, ask away!

PS - To ALL: Sine we're all heading to Europe, a eurotrip is highly recommended. It's expensive, granted, but it's a great experience, indulging yourself in various cultures and if you wish, drinking customs! Bar Crawls are very adventurous (especially when many americans are involved -- Barcelona, Rome, Paris, etc), but otherwise, very enjoyable!

Thanks! I did a simple search on ryanair website and i found accommodation about sgd$400 for 7 days. It is near to a subway stn so i guess not bad lah. The main purpose of my trip is to join a convention so i don't really have time to shop and i am trying to keep my costs as low as possible, and leave as soon as my work is done.
is their eurail ticket price almost the same as here in sg?
food wise, average meals will cost how much a day? (let's put it as 2 meals eating out)
I'm going to HK next week and Bangkok at the end of the year. So my wardrobe is going to more than triple in size. FUN. :biggrin:

I'm so jealous. HK & Bangkok & London.

Asdfghjkl HAHA but have fun ya! :biggrin:
YEA! We absolutely have to ENJOY UK! What are the chances of experiencing student life in UK once again in this lifetime???(not forgetting to mention, the shopping)

Yes we all have to enjoy this!! Once in a lifetime thing(unless of course you're going to come back as a PG) student life and shopping!!! independence and so much more! Getting real excited now!!! Hehehe :wink:

Not to mention the traveling to Europe! Hope I can find people who would want to go too! More people = more fun = cheaper perhaps!? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes we all have to enjoy this!! Once in a lifetime thing(unless of course you're going to come back as a PG) student life and shopping!!! independence and so much more! Getting real excited now!!! Hehehe :wink:

Not to mention the traveling to Europe! Hope I can find people who would want to go too! More people = more fun = cheaper perhaps!? :tongue:

Yea I want to experience backpacking over Europe, omg I am very excited now!
Yea I want to experience backpacking over Europe, omg I am very excited now!

heh heh me too!
Leaving in 2 weeks from now. kekeke :colone:
I'm so jealous. HK & Bangkok & London.

Asdfghjkl HAHA but have fun ya! :biggrin:

^^

You're leaving that early?

Woahh really shop till you drop first before start of school eh.... xD
heh heh me too!
Leaving in 2 weeks from now. kekeke :colone:

^^

Yea so early! I have about 3 more weeks...
^^

Yes!!! :biggrin:
That's why I'm like so stoked right now. :colone:

Hahahah yeap yeap! But I haven't started on packing. Sigh.

3 weeks is also quite fast tbh!! Not sure if you said it there before or I've forgotten but which part of the UK will you be at!
Talking about wardrobes, my wardrobe's only filled with Summer clothes which is pretty redundant for the next 2 seasons. Sigh

3 weeks is also quite fast tbh!! Not sure if you said it there before or I've forgotten but which part of the UK will you be at!

Me too! And the worse thing is that I think packing of stuffs to go to UK will be the most tedious ones.

Which part of UK are you going to?

I'm leaving in slightly over 3 weeks! Woooo~

Talking about wardrobes, my wardrobe's only filled with Summer clothes which is pretty redundant for the next 2 seasons. Sigh

Same here. But buying winter clothing in UK is way better.

Same here!
Which part of UK are you going to?

I'm leaving in slightly over 3 weeks! Woooo~

Same here. But buying winter clothing in UK is way better.

LOLLL My mum insists I buy my thick jacket first before i left for UK. xD What airline you gonna use?(sorry if u have said it. I forgot)
LOLLL My mum insists I buy my thick jacket first before i left for UK. xD What airline you gonna use?(sorry if u have said it. I forgot)

Haha.. Well, it won't be that cold in September, so should be okay even if you don't buy first.

Qatar. You?
Haha.. Well, it won't be that cold in September, so should be okay even if you don't buy first.

Qatar. You?

Yea...that's what I told her, but oh well, she's worried her only son's going to freeze to death. Cant deny such such love eh? :rolleyes:

Emirates for me, so you will stop at Doha first uh?

Quick Reply

Latest