The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by foreverstrong_97
Turn it on??? Turn what on?? :biggrin: :confused:

Click on 'Settings' in the top right corner, then go to Settings, Customise TSR and make sure that the tickbox for 'Reputation Received' is ticked. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3721
Original post by MangoFreak
Is programming the majority of the Computing GCSE? I might take it at A Level and I love to program :awesome:

It is :biggrin:

With OCR, there's an exam worth 40% and then two programming controlled assessments worth 30% each at GCSE.

AS and A level is different, but I know that with AQA, programming is 50% and then there's an exam that it's in as well so :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Go to Settings, Settings, Customise TSR, then make sure that the tickbox for 'Reputation Received' is ticked. :smile:

Yeah that :ahee:
Ahhh same but hey Im waiting till November time :tongue:

That's a good set of A levels though why do you want to do a fifth for it will be more workload although if you want then yeah sure go ahead :biggrin:

Umm I think Government and Politics would be better because Critical thinking is seen as a mickey mouse subject :colondollar: and G&P would be good for the finance field as you understand the rules etc. :biggrin:

As for other good AS levels Im not so sure but maybe you could do a essay-based As level to make yourself more in the advantage when applying for uni's :biggrin:

Hope I helped :biggrin:
Reply 3724
Original post by Dalek1099
Yes I did,sorry I keep making these typing errors and you would learn java in the course,right?I would probably only do Computing to AS if I was to take it.

Not necessarily. It's one of the available languages to use in the controlled assessments (at least on AQA), but it's up to the college which one they teach.
I think it's probably equivalent to General Studies :tongue: There's nothing wrong with it, really, but probably shouldn't take it over Government and Politics :ahee:
Yeah that :ahee:

LOL! :rolleyes:

Click on 'Settings' in the top right corner, then go to Settings, Customise TSR and make sure that the tickbox for 'Reputation Received' is ticked. :smile:

Ahh thank You! :biggrin: Im so stupid I kept it off all this time :facepalm:
Reply 3727
I do know a bit of coding like the [x][x/],with x being the function in capitals.How could they be good at Maths and not be able to solve problems and think logically:confused:

They can, but not in the way that programming requires you to think.
ForeverStrong has positive rep though and this means his negs will hurt,where as mine carry 0 points:angry:

Her**** :eek:

G&P or... Geography... I know it's not an obvious choice but it could be benefit plus it's a nice thing to have with your choices :smile:
Original post by chloe--
Not necessarily. It's one of the available languages to use in the controlled assessments (at least on AQA), but it's up to the college which one they teach.

I think I might do Computing now :h: I decided against it like a year ago, but I might get back into programming :biggrin:

Does the course allow for C++/C#? :awesome:
Ahh thank You! :biggrin: Im so stupid I kept it off all this time :facepalm:

No problem :biggrin:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Her**** :eek:

AHH! He called me a he :eek: :eek: :eek: I didnt even realise :facepalm:

G&P or... Geography... I know it's not an obvious choice but it could be benefit plus it's a nice thing to have with your choices :smile:

No problem :biggrin:

:tongue: I got bare negs :colondollar:
:tongue: I got bare negs :colondollar:

What does that even mean? :rofl:
Reply 3733
I think I might do Computing now :h: I decided against it like a year ago, but I might get back into programming :biggrin:

Does the course allow for C++/C#? :awesome:

:biggrin: Do it, do it, do it! Even though if everyone at your school is like mine, they'll think you're crazy with Maths, F. Maths and Physics too.

Nope :frown: AQA allow Pascal, Python, Java, VB.6 and VB.Net. Not sure about the others though.

Huh! what do you mean...what does it mean??? :confused::tongue:
Ahhh same but hey Im waiting till November time :tongue:

That's a good set of A levels though why do you want to do a fifth for it will be more workload although if you want then yeah sure go ahead :biggrin:

Umm I think Government and Politics would be better because Critical thinking is seen as a mickey mouse subject :colondollar: and G&P would be good for the finance field as you understand the rules etc. :biggrin:

As for other good AS levels Im not so sure but maybe you could do a essay-based As level to make yourself more in the advantage when applying for uni's :biggrin:

Hope I helped :biggrin:

Government and Politics is technically mickey mouseish but Critical Thinking,is a mickey mouse subject so bad that I don't think even poor universities accept it it is there for the A-Level league tables.

Bare = lots of, many, a multitude of...

London slang, innit :cool:

It means 'a lot' :tongue:

EDIT: Crap, Shadab got there first :tongue: .
Government and Politics is technically mickey mouseish but Critical Thinking,is a mickey mouse subject so bad that I don't think even poor universities accept it it is there for the A-Level league tables.

Really Government and Politics is a mickey mouse subject! :eek: Ohhww I dont know what do then :frown:
Original post by chloe--
:biggrin: Do it, do it, do it! Even though if everyone at your school is like mine, they'll think you're crazy with Maths, F. Maths and Physics too.

Nope :frown: AQA allow Pascal, Python, Java, VB.6 and VB.Net. Not sure about the others though.

Damn :colonhash: I suppose I could work with VB :tongue: I tried to learn Python and I don't like it :ahee:

Latest