The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mevidek
Hello everybody :biggrin:

I'm going into year 12 and am actually doing the IB!

Oh what Highers and standards are you doing :smile:?
Original post by >Untitled<
Oh what Highers and standards are you doing :smile:?

Higher: History, Spanish, English
Standard: Biology, Maths Studies, German

Are you doing the IB? If so, the same question back to you!
Original post by mevidek
Higher: History, Spanish, English
Standard: Biology, Maths Studies, German

Are you doing the IB? If so, the same question back to you!

No, no i just have friends doing the IB :biggrin:

I'm doing A levels: Chem, Bio, Physics, Maths, Further Maths :smile:
Reply 1763
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
I have no frees, lol.

How many are you taking?! :redface:
Original post by Deziah
How many are you taking?! :redface:

Seis. :redface:
I'm going to be on my local radio station in little over half an hour :redface: feeling nervous! Keeping myself busy by tidying my room!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e
Original post by JLKeating
I'm going to be on my local radio station in little over half an hour :redface: feeling nervous! Keeping myself busy by tidying my room!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e

Ooh wow!

What you going to be doing on there?

I'm sure it will go well.
Reply 1767

What subjects are they? I seriously wish you all the best. :wink:

Amazing, one is flabbergasted!
No, no i just have friends doing the IB :biggrin:

I'm doing A levels: Chem, Bio, Physics, Maths, Further Maths :smile:

What do you want to do in university, then?
Original post by Deziah
What subjects are they? I seriously wish you all the best. :wink:

Grateful for your altruism!

Mathematics, Further Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Philosophy. I'm also being heuristic for the EPQ as well as the erstwhile subject: Philosophy.
Original post by Blueray2
Amazing, one is flabbergasted!

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1772

Mathematics, Further Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Philosophy. I'm also being heuristic for the EPQ as well as the erstwhile subject: Philosophy.

What made you choose all them? :-)
Original post by Deziah
What made you choose all them? :-)

Telos for life:

The former A-levels.

Masters in Mathematics with Physics at University. (Requires Mathematics/FM with Physics at A-level)
M.Lett (Master of Letters) In Logic and Metaphysics (1 year course). Thus a Philosophical predilection is requisite. It's a sub-stratum.
PhD in High Energy Physics. This'd unequivocally require Chemistry as well to understand the interactions between not only particles, but the distribution of energy and its phenomena.

I am relinquishing myself from Biology after AS-levels. I'm using it as a trivial form of a subject for memorization and note-retention. It'll also succour me with being able to colloquy with other people who wouldn't take Mathematics/Physics. I've a fervent and alacritious yearning to edify myself on Genetics and Microbiology/Evolution, which Biology may be of some help.

My EPQ'll be either on Topological Quantum Field Theory with a discourse of further paradigms. It's something vanguard and tentative. I'll be exploring the metaphysical and most elementary forms of Philosophical and Physical understanding of the constitutents of matter and what beleaguers us as humans in a manifold space and time.

It's just a whimsical and well, rubicund volition of mine. It'll most certainly not be that facile, but as Robert Burns' aphoristic adduce asserts!:

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Telos for life:

The former A-levels.

Masters in Mathematics with Physics at University. (Requires Mathematics/FM with Physics at A-level)
M.Lett (Master of Letters) In Logic and Metaphysics (1 year course). Thus a Philosophical predilection is requisite. It's a sub-stratum.
PhD in High Energy Physics. This'd unequivocally require Chemistry as well to understand the interactions between not only particles, but the distribution of energy and its phenomena.

I am relinquishing myself from Biology after AS-levels. I'm using it as a trivial form of a subject for memorization and note-retention. It'll also succour me with being able to colloquy with other people who wouldn't take Mathematics/Physics. I've a fervent and alacritious yearning to edify myself on Genetics and Microbiology/Evolution, which Biology may be of some help.

My EPQ'll be either on Topological Quantum Field Theory with a discourse of further paradigms. It's something vanguard and tentative. I'll be exploring the metaphysical and most elementary forms of Philosophical and Physical understanding of the constitutents of matter and what beleaguers us as humans in a manifold space and time.

:smile:

Awesome!
So, you guys know (most of you) who I am, and so you'll also know I'll be going into year eleven this September, now my question is:

Shall I do my A Level Mathematics in Year 12 so I can include it in my UCAS offers? Because if I do it this year I can mention it but it won't be part of my offer.

In year twelve I should be studying:
(Mathematics)
Further Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics
French

And I'll have History done early, so can't include that either... I already know the content so should I just practise and sit it normally so it looks like I've learnt all five in two years?

I'll also have to do the Welsh Baccalaureate and maybe the EPQ.

If I did sit the maths A2 in year eleven, should I pick up another a level in year twelve?
Original post by rock.and.rose
Ooh wow!

What you going to be doing on there?

I'm sure it will go well.

It was about my 365 project that I did where I take a photo a day for a year :smile: that was so nervewracking! It's going out later today or tomorrow...guess I have to listen to the radio all day now!
Original post by mevidek
What do you want to do in university, then?

Medicine :colone: you?

Why so many subjects bro? I'm doing all sciences and maths and further maths + EPQ but nowhere as crazy as you :colone:

Btw you're back :biggrin:!
Original post by shadab786ahmed
So, you guys know (most of you) who I am, and so you'll also know I'll be going into year eleven this September, now my question is:

Shall I do my A Level Mathematics in Year 12 so I can include it in my UCAS offers? Because if I do it this year I can mention it but it won't be part of my offer.

In year twelve I should be studying:
(Mathematics)
Further Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics
French

And I'll have History done early, so can't include that either... I already know the content so should I just practise and sit it normally so it looks like I've learnt all five in two years?

I'll also have to do the Welsh Baccalaureate and maybe the EPQ.

If I did sit the maths A2 in year eleven, should I pick up another a level in year twelve?

I talked about this with my careers advisor and she said doing it early doesn't really look THAT good, they want to see youve done them in the two years thats why i cant include ICT :sad:
Medicine :colone: you?

Why so many subjects bro? I'm doing all sciences and maths and further maths + EPQ but nowhere as crazy as you :colone:

Btw you're back :biggrin:!

Appreciative. :smile:

See the post antecedent to Shadab's. :smile:

Latest