The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittaaaaay
Well what exactly are you trying to say? xD

If you take your A level maths early, they will still consider it, it just won't be in your offer/conditions because you don't need to achieve it?

Don't worry :tongue: I have it sorted thanks to a good person :wink:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
Since I want to apply to Cambridge... If I applied to them with my A* in maths a level already, it won't be included in my offer :tongue: and I'll have to do another 3/4

Are you sure? If one already has 3 A Levels then one can apply to university and recieve an unconditional offer, so I don't see why that would change with only one.

Besides, surely you're only wanting to do the Maths A-Level this year so that you can do another subject at college anyway :holmes: There's no other reason to do so, really :biggrin:
How do I even start it?
Dear ?????

Then what exactly shall I ask?

To whom it may concern*

Maybe I'm too formal though :lol: :emo:
Original post by MangoFreak
Are you sure? If one already has 3 A Levels then one can apply to university and recieve an unconditional offer, so I don't see why that would change with only one.

Besides, surely you're only wanting to do the Maths A-Level this year so that you can do another subject at college anyway :holmes: There's no other reason to do so, really :biggrin:

Yeah, but now I think I'll learn it all, and take up another a level but take the maths exams in year twelve :smile:

To whom it may concern*

Maybe I'm too formal though :lol: :emo:

I was going to write that, but I've been told to write Dear Sir/Madam I've sent it now :colondollar:
Yeah, but now I think I'll learn it all, and take up another a level but take the maths exams in year twelve :smile:

I was going to write that, but I've been told to write Dear Sir/Madam I've sent it now :colondollar:

That works just as well :lol:

What did you say? (copypasta please :ahee:)
Eh? :holmes: How would that work? I've never seen that used ever...
Overkill xD
That works just as well :lol:

What did you say? (copypasta please :ahee:)

I'll forward it... Copied it...
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
Same! Only watching Eastenders and anything else that's good. Oh! And internet shows :biggrin:

LOOOOOOOL I can imagine :lol:

Ouch! I start Thursday :'(
Lmao maybe we're secretly excited :ahee::ahee:

LOL! I watched the new episode of Waterloo road...it was good :tongue: :wink: Yeah internet shows!! :woo:

Yep! He was like ...yeah sit in the middle why dont you :wink: :lol:

I start thursday too....I meant wednesday Im going westfield LOL! :tongue:
Yeah probably or maybe were......um.......urrr........ummmmm.....NERDS!c :tongue: :rofl: <JOKE! :wink:
Hey Guys! :tongue: What is everyone up to today! ?? ::smile:
I'm going to have a nap, see ya :tongue:
Hello everyone.

I am now going into year 11. In my GCSE modules I had:

English Language: B
History: A*
Chemistry: B
Physics: B
Biology: B
Original post by ILoveOllyRiley
Hello everyone.

Hi :awesome:

Nice grades :biggrin:

Nice grades :biggrin:

Still got one more week for ours! Yay late hype train/rage at exam boards!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ILoveOllyRiley
Hello everyone.

Hey! Welcome to TSR? ^_^
Congrats on your grades!

Edit: .... Thanks for the neg?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by themancunian
Still got one more week for ours! Yay late hype train/rage at exam boards!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Still not bothered :colonhash: :rofl:

Here I come, B in English :awesome:
Reply 5376
hey everyone i'm effie, just found this thread gonna be year 11 in a weeek *sigh*, i am not ready for GCSE's haha, so do you just basically talk about anything year 11 related here?

Done a few exams already...
History 50% -> A overall
Business 50% -> A* overall
I.T short course finished -> D haha i didn't try
AQA Triple science, core (25%) -> Biology A, Chem B, Physics A

:smile:))
Because it's deemed the "best" degree by parents maybe, the only suitable degree... So that they can brag and when they say my child is a real doctor :facepalm: also people have the misconception that it pays more than anything else along with the fact that they think it'll make their parents happy...
After some have a chat with their parents they'd Change.their career path instantly...
So it's all a matter of ideology...

Its about time people got a thrill off saying there a real Mathematician.Can you take Medicine to PHD?because if you could then you would be known as Doctor Doctor then your surname:biggrin:
Original post by Dalek1099
Its about time people got a thrill off saying there a real Mathematician.Can you take Medicine to PHD?because if you could then you would be known as Doctor Doctor then your surname:biggrin:

PhD is a Doctorate of Philosophy. A medical doctorate (the suffix MD) is the same thing as a PhD for medics.

(I agree with you in regards to the unfair bias against non-medical doctors though :colonhash: I suppose it has to do with the fact that medical doctors save human lives :emo:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lol-no
hey everyone i'm effie, just found this thread gonna be year 11 in a weeek *sigh*, i am not ready for GCSE's haha, so do you just basically talk about anything year 11 related here?

Done a few exams already...
History 50% -> A overall
Business 50% -> A* overall
I.T short course finished -> D haha i didn't try
AQA Triple science, core (25%) -> Biology A, Chem B, Physics A

:smile:))

You say you're not ready for GCSEs; is that implying you haven't started them yet? :holmes:

Latest