The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Awh you guys are so supportive :jumphug: Thanks, it means a lot :h:

I checked the requirements, some unis accept AS maths without A2 as long as you have A2 physics.

Maybe then, I'm not sure. :redface: I'll definitely keep it in mind though :h:

AS is easy you'll be fine :lol:
Awh you guys are so supportive :jumphug: Thanks, it means a lot :h:

I checked the requirements, some unis accept AS maths without A2 as long as you have A2 physics.

Maybe then, I'm not sure. :redface: I'll definitely keep it in mind though :h:

Aww, no problem! And if you need any A2 mathematics help I'm here right now to help! :woo:

I think mathematics would be better than physics but if they accept it then :biggrin:

Good! :wink: glad I helped a little!
Ahh TSR! Let me rep people in this thread for ****s sake :angry:

This thread's rep is broken :tongue:
My school sent a G&T letter, and apparently on the Gifted and Talented Reigster, I am gifted in Drama, Maths, RE, Science and History. My best subject, English, I'm apparently just average in :frown: But my C subject, I'm gifted in :s-smilie:
Original post by dinrah04
My school sent a G&T letter, and apparently on the Gifted and Talented Reigster, I am gifted in Drama, Maths, RE, Science and History. My best subject, English, I'm apparently just average in :frown: But my C subject, I'm gifted in :s-smilie:

We don't get those :frown: well done on being so gifted and talented :wink:

It really is a stupid system. I was gifted in PE last time I checked :lol:

I'm the same :tongue: Apparently I'm G&T in Art (Art? What sort of useless subject to be G&T in is Art!? :tongue: ) but the subjects where I'm actually getting A*s, nope :tongue: .
Reply 5527
Omg you guys are amazing at career advise, can you help me?

I hate maths unfortunately and computing but i'm ok at it (an A), i love science but I wouldn't want a careeer that was too scientific.
I'm in love with the arts, btu I couldn't imagine for example ebing an artist or whatever, I really like Design and Technology especially Textiles and Home Interior etc..

Are there any careers that can co-operate most things?

:')
Original post by lol-no

I hate maths unfortunately and computing but i'm ok at it (an A), i love science but I wouldn't want a careeer that was too scientific.
I'm in love with the arts, btu I couldn't imagine for example ebing an artist or whatever, I really like Design and Technology especially Textiles and Home Interior etc..

Architectural engineering?
Original post by shadab786ahmed
We don't get those :frown: well done on being so gifted and talented :wink:

The worst thing is, I DON'T EVEN TAKE DRAMA :O I haven't done it since year 8. I guess it's an achievement to be gifted in something I don't do.
The worst thing is, I DON'T EVEN TAKE DRAMA :O I haven't done it since year 8. I guess it's an achievement to be gifted in something I don't do.

:rofl:

:lol: Incredible...
Original post by lol-no

Hmmm.. This is tough, because maths is needed, would you be willing to do some?

If so architecture! :biggrin:
Reply 5533
Original post by MangoFreak
Architectural engineering?

thanks, i'll look into it. question, do you know if you have to to design technology graphics or resistant materials to do that or take it for a level?

Architecture has very little maths so if that's good then sure, but otherwise architectural engineering would be better :awesome:
Reply 5535

yeah i suppose so, but nothing too much it's just soo hard sometimes...

thank you :smile:
:rofl:

:lol: Incredible...

Forget Medicine, I'm being an Actor now. I guess I was pretty good in Year 8, I had to do a bunch of drama stuff, cringey now in hindsight.

:rofl: :lol:
Original post by lol-no
thanks, i'll look into it. question, do you know if you have to to design technology graphics or resistant materials to do that or take it for a level?

No, for architecture:

Mathematics, Physics, Art (anything else) at A2.
Further Maths AS

Would guarantee you a spot :wink:
Architecture has very little maths so if that's good then sure, but otherwise architectural engineering would have more.

I guess it would be Pythagoras, trigonometry, pi-r^2...etc
Original post by themancunian
I guess it would be Pythagoras, trigonometry, pi-r^2...etc

Pure architecture courses apparently don't do even that. They leave it to the engineers :mmm:

Latest