The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Anyone is Roscoe and Gladstone catered??
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by freem1
Anyone is Roscoe and Gladstone catered??

Yes :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
708 7080 if you need a cab just let us know, call Davey Liver cabssss.

Hahaha told you you'll hear them on the radio and they'll get stuck in your head, I just heard that one again :tongue:
I was lucky enough to get r+g self catered, Anybody in roscoe and gladstone self catered too? :smile:
Reply 904
Original post by mollykav
Yeah self catered! so glad someone else is. Have you had your room confirmation through? i've had nothing yet.

haha me too. well, i had an email confirming i have a room reserved, but still don't know about room number or anything yet :/
Reply 905
Original post by David M
Does anyone else feel that they're going about this accommodation business in a funny way?

I'll quote this email I'm sure most of us received...

This year we will be operating an email system for students with an unconditional offer that have been offered catered accommodation but had requested self catered and/or en-suite. To add your details to the system you must email your request to [email protected] do not contact the Accommodation Office by telephone. The email should contain your Full Name, Student ID number and information regarding your preferred choices eg: En-suite or Self Catered / On Campus or Off Campus. You will be sent an automatic reply to confirm receipt of your request.

Why? I applied/requested self-catered months ago, received my results and was confirmed my place to study in July; before A-Level results. I had an unconditional offer and had requested self catered and had been offered catered as it states. I sent an email for this request on Monday (email arrived on Sunday and any emails before 9am on the Monday would be ignored). Now I quote again from an email I received yesterday...

I can confirm I have added your details to our waiting list to change your room allocation and we will contact you when/if a suitable room becomes available. You do not need email or call the accommodation office again as your request has been logged and we will be in contact when/if another suitable room becomes available.

'When/if another suitable room becomes available'. It sounds to me that no rooms for self catered are left yet in the email that arrived on Monday, it appears everyone who requested self-catered were offered catered? So their should be plenty of rooms that are self catered? Can they not check that I requested self catered way in advance? What's going on? Oh and I wont be accepting their offer as it's £1,300 more -.-

Aye, in the same boat as you. Been put in Morton House in Carnatic and on a waiting list to change accommodation. Has anyone heard back from Liverpool since or is this a waste of time?? :confused:
Original post by James1054
Aye, in the same boat as you. Been put in Morton House in Carnatic and on a waiting list to change accommodation. Has anyone heard back from Liverpool since or is this a waste of time?? :confused:

Im the same, been put in Morton House and also on a waiting list but not heard back as yet :frown:
Reply 907
Original post by Ashleigh1993
Im the same, been put in Morton House and also on a waiting list but not heard back as yet :frown:

I guess we'll be hearing from them in the next day or so, maybe, hopefully :redface:. But they did say, when I rang them, that it's all about waiting..... great....
Reply 908
Hey,

Im also at Morton House, wasnt any of my choices either but a rooms a room!
Wasnt exactly pleased with the offer at first but getting excited about it now!
I am studying nursing :smile: See you there!

Same morton wasnt my first choice but slowly warming up to the idea. have you seen the accomadation at all??? i couldnt get up to liverpool for the open day so have no clue what its like, i think im going to be in for a suprise ive read loads of things about carnatic site accomadation being horriable.
Reply 909
Anyone studying OT and has accomadation for morton house ??
Original post by tasha9
Same morton wasnt my first choice but slowly warming up to the idea. have you seen the accomadation at all??? i couldnt get up to liverpool for the open day so have no clue what its like, i think im going to be in for a suprise ive read loads of things about carnatic site accomadation being horriable.

Ive not seen Morton House, ive only seen Greenbank accommodation and that was really nice, only seen pictures of Morton House on the liverpool uni website unfortunately :/ Im hoping it will be quite nice but will have to see i guess :smile: Do you know when we get our room numbers?
Original post by James1054
I guess we'll be hearing from them in the next day or so, maybe, hopefully :redface:. But they did say, when I rang them, that it's all about waiting..... great....

Hopefully so :smile: aww... brilliant lol :/
Reply 912
Ive not seen Morton House, ive only seen Greenbank accommodation and that was really nice, only seen pictures of Morton House on the liverpool uni website unfortunately :/ Im hoping it will be quite nice but will have to see i guess :smile: Do you know when we get our room numbers?

Hey im in morton :smile: I was same way as you lol wasnt any of my choices or anything.. Was very happy but have warmed to it think it's going to be fun and seems quite sociable :smile:

Original post by Niamh.22
Hey im in morton :smile: I was same way as you lol wasnt any of my choices or anything.. Was very happy but have warmed to it think it's going to be fun and seems quite sociable :smile:

Yayyy :biggrin: Hopefully it'll be really good, im looking forward to it :smile:
I rung up yesterday and they said that they were going to start answering the e-mails yesterday (why they haven't already started answering the emails, i do not know) and they would be replying in the order that people sent them. I got my email yesterday and they have changed mine from Vine Court Catered to Vine Court Self Catered, so just wait for a while and they'll be getting back to people really really soon!
Reply 915
Original post by tasha9
Anyone studying OT and has accomadation for morton house ??

Studying OT but staying at derby and rathbone :smile: x

Reply 916
Original post by zoeclarex
Studying OT but staying at derby and rathbone :smile: x

I'm at d&r :smile: self catered en-suite cant wait!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App Bitches
Went on a campus tour today, Vine Court looks like such a nice building!:smile:
Original post by mollykav
Heyy.
Just wondering if anyone else had accepted an offer in Vine court east block on the undergraduate floor. I have today, bit pricy though!
Hope i'm not the only one!!

I have I'm in room FGM035 ! You?
Reply 919
Original post by laurennmc
Went on a campus tour today, Vine Court looks like such a nice building!:smile:

That's awesome. Are you stayin there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending