I'm in R&G room l03, I assume it's on the first floor? Hope it's not
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 961
Anyone around A115 in McNair? :smile:
Reply 962
Original post by lfbarraclough
So what are you doing about it? I'm in the same situation and I don't know whether to accept or not...because I need to get it changed!

I've accepted it now and even picked up my key/card last saturday. The room is really really nice but I'm only getting half the money from student finance so far! Trying to explain my situation to student finance though so I can get more money and will probably need to get a job to afford it! Have you moved in yet?

Oh and by the way, the uni still hasn't replied to my email (sent as soon as I got the original offer) about changing the room. Waiting list my ass :wink:!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 963
Hey, can anyone give me a number to get in touch with the accommodation office pls? :smile: xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 964
Room available in 3 bed house in Kensington. It's in the process of being renovated so its absolutely brand new..new kitchen and bathroom and 40" tv. £75 a week.If your interest then email [email protected] . I'll be living there and I'm a second year studying zoology.

Welcome to Liverpool freshers!!

Sophie

p.s. Lived in Prospect last year and it is the best hall. By far :smile:
What are the chances of me being able to get accommodation at this stage? (clearing student).
Reply 966
Original post by GallopingHorse
What are the chances of me being able to get accommodation at this stage? (clearing student).

There is always a chance... If you still want certain accommodation even after your course has started you can stay on a waiting list until someone drops out and a room becomes available
Reply 967

I doubt you'd get into any of the halls but there's plenty of student housing available and as the person before me said, you can go on the waiting list for halls.
There are still places in Arrad House, I was ringing Unite a few minutes ago.

I got offered a room in Vine, but there is no way I can afford that tbh.
Reply 969
Also, you could try Liverpool Student Homes - they a department of the University of Liverpool and have an office on Mount Pleasant. They help students find private accommodation, if you were after an alternative to university halls. The UoL accommodation office usually refer you to them if they cannot offer accommodation that you want. The website is www.lsh.liv.ac.uk

Lorna
Original post by James1054
There is always a chance... If you still want certain accommodation even after your course has started you can stay on a waiting list until someone drops out and a room becomes available

Original post by squelsh
I doubt you'd get into any of the halls but there's plenty of student housing available and as the person before me said, you can go on the waiting list for halls.

I assume I'd be placed into temporary accommodation whilst I'm on the waiting list? Or would I have to find different accommodation?
I assume I'd be placed into temporary accommodation whilst I'm on the waiting list? Or would I have to find different accommodation?

I'm not going to be in university accommodation, but as far as I'm aware, if you're on a waiting list it is up to you to find temporary accommodation.

My friend has this issue, and I was there whilst she discussed it with her university accommodation officer, he then told her if she went into a different accommodation and signed a contract, her uni could then no longer find her a place in their accommodation.

If you definitely want a certain halls; the best bet (in my opinion) is to either stay at home for the time being (if possible of course), stay with a friend or find a different, permanent accommodation rather than waiting. As it is not guaranteed anyone will drop out, and it's easier if you can to move in early, rather than the hassle of a move partway through the year :smile:
Hi there! if you still havnt got a room sorted out i am looking to move back home and commute to Liverpool from there and i need to give my room away, currently at Roscoe & Gladstone catered halls contact me if you would like to take up this offer!
Reply 973
hi I also have a room at Melville Grove on campus which i need someone to take up as i no longer can due to family issues. Melville Grove is a great location (takes like 5 mins to walk to lecturers) and everyone in the 'house' is really nice. there are 3 other girls and 3 boys so a good mix. its a nice quiet hpouse aswell so you wont be kept awake all night! its £86 a week (£3,458 a year) and the contract is for 40 weeks but i would pay for the weeks i have stayed here. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested!

Reply 974
No idea what accommodation to apply for...
Idealy self-catered, ensuite, with a good social scene.
Would it be better to be on or off campus?
And where to avoid? Any help would be appreciated! :biggrin:
Bring on September!
I'm thinking of going to Liverpool uni in September 2013, and I've narrowed it down to opal court, liberty park and prospect point. Does anybody have any advice or tips as to which accommodation to choose? Like will it be full of postgraduates or weirdos who don't want to go out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any opinions on opal court/on campus accommodation, been hearing that they are boring etc.. But hoping that's not true?
still unsure if i'm gonna firm liverpool, if i do though i'll be applying for self-catered w/en-suite at derby and rathbone halls, i've been to have a look round and they look decent, in sociable halls aswell so with non-boring people hopefully.
although i'd like to live in the city, i'd much rather be surrounded by people wanting to have a good time, allow going catered aswell, couldn't deal with set breakfast/dinner times.
Reply 978
Hi, any dentistry students have any advice on where to apply for accommodation for 1st year? thanks
Reply 979
I got a conditional offer from Liverpool and i accepted it as my insurance choice, and I'm not sure can i apply now, and i cant find how to actually apply on the website ?? help please !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending