The Student Room Group

Revising for the rest of my (school) life

Hey everyone,

One month ago I started revising for the two exams I have next week, while I feel relatively confident (in no cocky way), I feel that one month is not long enough, so I have been thinking about using all of my study periods for the next year and a half (AS and A2) to do revision, will this be much better than revising a month in advance? We have a one hour study period each day, so I think this will be wise to use as I usually spend the time messing around... Also, do you think it's worth using lunches for revision or should I save that for social time?

What's your study routine?
Reply 1
reading and highlighting your notes throughout the year will help a lot, yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Tabzqt
reading and highlighting your notes throughout the year will help a lot, yes.

Was thinking more along the lines of past papers, exercises in texts books, online etc. Thanks for the feedback.
Original post by JohnGreen
Hey everyone,

One month ago I started revising for the two exams I have next week, while I feel relatively confident (in no cocky way), I feel that one month is not long enough, so I have been thinking about using all of my study periods for the next year and a half (AS and A2) to do revision, will this be much better than revising a month in advance? We have a one hour study period each day, so I think this will be wise to use as I usually spend the time messing around... Also, do you think it's worth using lunches for revision or should I save that for social time?

What's your study routine?

Yes, if you revise in each of those study periods your grades will all go up by one each, is my guess. It's unbelievably helpful to do an extra hour's focused work a day.
Well, considering I only started revision one week before my exams, I'd say you are well ahead of the game!

Obviously if it's up to you and if you feel you haven't done enough then by all means revise through free periods (I just used them to prat around or do my homework in), but it sounds like you have already done a lot and that you're working hard :smile: Maybe you could compromise and you a couple of your study periods for revision and the others to mess around in. No, don't give up your lunches! You can get perfectly good grades without giving up your lunch hour. You need some time away from revision or you will go crazy! :smile:

It depends on you as a person at the end of the day. I only ever revised last minute, but like super hard with no breaks at all, then ended up with sleep deprivation and mega stress a few days before the exam, but I was a lazy git in school and would rather have had that than work at a steady consistent pace throughout the year :P Do whatever you think will get you the best results. Only you know what you need to do to do well.
Original post by JohnGreen
Was thinking more along the lines of past papers, exercises in texts books, online etc. Thanks for the feedback.

I wouldn't say you should do past papers (they're generally a lot more useful closer to the exam) but doing the exercises available to you would be useful. The most important thing in my opinion is to go over what you've studied in class and make sure you really do understand it - if you don't, ask your teacher or the internet or read around the subject. Understanding things the first time round will make revision closer to the exam so much easier
Reply 6
Don't study during lunch you need a break, but yeah, studying in study periods will pay off come june so it's worthwhile

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending