The Student Room Group

Should i sit my exam? HELP!

Basically i have A2 exams plus 2 retakes of politics.

I already paid for the retakes of Unit 1 and Unit 2 Politics but i don't I have done enough revision for Unit 2 so i was thinking of not doing the Jan exam and instead doing it in June. Unit 1 i am fine but Unit 2 is the harder unit and tbh i don't know that much. I feel if i do the exam i will get a poor grade.

Having said that i may not get my money back if i don't turn up to the exam? Do you think i should just sit it and hope for the best, or just concentrate on my other exams do the politics resit in June?
Reply 1
How do you feel about your other subjects? I'd say write politics- you have nothing to lose (If you feel you are prepared for the other exams)

Last year just before my A1 maths exam I was also scared of writing because I didn't feel ready. My tutor basically forced me to write and I got an a.. so you never know; you might surprise yourself :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by 3mmz
Basically i have A2 exams plus 2 retakes of politics.

I already paid for the retakes of Unit 1 and Unit 2 Politics but i don't I have done enough revision for Unit 2 so i was thinking of not doing the Jan exam and instead doing it in June. Unit 1 i am fine but Unit 2 is the harder unit and tbh i don't know that much. I feel if i do the exam i will get a poor grade.

Having said that i may not get my money back if i don't turn up to the exam? Do you think i should just sit it and hope for the best, or just concentrate on my other exams do the politics resit in June?

You've already paid for it, so why don't you go revise now? I really doubt you would get your money back if you didn't turn up.
Reply 3
Original post by dr-jimmy
You've already paid for it, so why don't you go revise now? I really doubt you would get your money back if you didn't turn up.

Hmm maybe i should do it.

You never know?
Reply 4
Original post by Welz143
How do you feel about your other subjects? I'd say write politics- you have nothing to lose (If you feel you are prepared for the other exams)

Last year just before my A1 maths exam I was also scared of writing because I didn't feel ready. My tutor basically forced me to write and I got an a.. so you never know; you might surprise yourself :tongue:

English and Sociology.

I am okay with them.

Politics Unit 1 i am revision for. Unit 2 is harder and requires a lot to learn. The exam is on the 24th.
Reply 5
Original post by 3mmz
Hmm maybe i should do it.

You never know?

I think you should.:smile: They will only take your highest grade, so it's not like your grade will go down. If you don't resit it you're only losing money.
Reply 6
I think you should.:smile: They will only take your highest grade, so it's not like your grade will go down. If you don't resit it you're only losing money.

Hmmm maybe i should

I will do crap in it though
Reply 7
Original post by 3mmz
Hmmm maybe i should

I will do crap in it though

It doesn't matter if you do- they take your highest grade.
Reply 8
It doesn't matter if you do- they take your highest grade.

yup maybe i should do it lol
Reply 9
i am really thinking of not doing it

im gonna fail:frown:
Go for it!! Often you know more than you think and surprise yourself!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by winningjojo
Go for it!! Often you know more than you think and surprise yourself!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmmm maybe your right.
Original post by 3mmz
hmmmm maybe your right.

I'd go for it if you do well that's less pressure on the summer you dont you have another chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I'd go for it if you do well that's less pressure on the summer you dont you have another chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wont do well

hardly know anything!
Reply 14
Can someone please answer this should i sit my exam?
so i am really ill, it started with tonsillitis which i was getting strong pains in my throat, gipping alot, now i have thrown up a few times plus i become really sweaty and dizzy when i read, my exams are tomorrow and thurday and next monday.. my dads a doctor and said i shouldn’t sit them as i can’t concentrate and my health is more important then some exams i can do at a later date! please help im scared
Original post by AshleySm
Can someone please answer this should i sit my exam?
so i am really ill, it started with tonsillitis which i was getting strong pains in my throat, gipping alot, now i have thrown up a few times plus i become really sweaty and dizzy when i read, my exams are tomorrow and thurday and next monday.. my dads a doctor and said i shouldn’t sit them as i can’t concentrate and my health is more important then some exams i can do at a later date! please help im scared

Speak to your exams coordinator I would pull out of the ones this week. Monday might be ok. By the sound of it your really rough so you won't perform your best. Concentrate on getting better and face the exams in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Speak to your exams coordinator I would pull out of the ones this week. Monday might be ok. By the sound of it your really rough so you won't perform your best. Concentrate on getting better and face the exams in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to nag you but again you think i should sit the exams right?
Original post by 3mmz
sorry to nag you but again you think i should sit the exams right?

Not this week if you feel really bad it won't do you any good next weeks maybe. It comes down really to whether you feel you could really concentrate for 2hrs on an exam paper. I've sat exams with mild colds before and that and been fine but if your eyes and nose are like a tap I wouldn't do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Not this week if you feel really bad it won't do you any good next weeks maybe. It comes down really to whether you feel you could really concentrate for 2hrs on an exam paper. I've sat exams with mild colds before and that and been fine but if your eyes and nose are like a tap I wouldn't do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh i think you have me confused with the above poster

i am not ill. i was saying i dont want to sit my politics retake exam i have paid for on monday as i have done limited revision. with politics so much to remember and i just cant see myself getting a high grade:frown:
Original post by 3mmz
ahh i think you have me confused with the above poster

i am not ill. i was saying i dont want to sit my politics retake exam i have paid for on monday as i have done limited revision. with politics so much to remember and i just cant see myself getting a high grade:frown:

sorry!! I have oooops!!! and yes i do think you should sit your exam. you still have june if it all goes pear shaped. i always think its worth a go especially since you have already been entered for it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest