The Student Room Group

GCSEs and illness

hi everyone, I am currently really ill with an awful cold and can't stop wheezing. As gcses are in just over a week this is really worrying me as when I get a cold it is usually with me for a few weeks and I haven't felt this ill in ages. I also have anxiety and im worried about being in exams and wheezing or sniffing in a hall of people. Any advice would be appreciated please
Original post by hellloooj
hi everyone, I am currently really ill with an awful cold and can't stop wheezing. As gcses are in just over a week this is really worrying me as when I get a cold it is usually with me for a few weeks and I haven't felt this ill in ages. I also have anxiety and im worried about being in exams and wheezing or sniffing in a hall of people. Any advice would be appreciated please

If you feel ill in an exam, you should let the invigilator know as soon as possible so they can provide help if it is necessary. As you have anxiety you may be able to ask your school whether you can do your exams in a smaller room with less people to try and make it less overwhelming, you should ask as soon as possible about that.

If you are not well enough to sit the exam, special consideration may be able to be given if you are able to sit the other papers in the subject.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.
Reply 2
I already have a smaller hall for my anxiety, if I im ill and wheeze would I be able to sit the exam by myself??

Original post by flowersinmyhair
If you feel ill in an exam, you should let the invigilator know as soon as possible so they can provide help if it is necessary. As you have anxiety you may be able to ask your school whether you can do your exams in a smaller room with less people to try and make it less overwhelming, you should ask as soon as possible about that.

If you are not well enough to sit the exam, special consideration may be able to be given if you are able to sit the other papers in the subject.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.
Original post by hellloooj
I already have a smaller hall for my anxiety, if I im ill and wheeze would I be able to sit the exam by myself??

I don't know you would have to ask your school, I don't want to say one thing and then it turn out not to be true. I hope you are better by then so you don't have to worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest