The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Agreed, the 6 mark question had very few space, so i ended up writing on the pink sheet... I got confused on the one with finding the frequency, i looked at the equation sheet and basically switched it around and got something like 120000, I can't remember exactly because i done a past paper before the exam and the same style question came up, so i might of mixed the answer with that
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by popcornmaker
that was strange because the u values for double glazing were higher meaning more energy transfer took place...what did you put?

I put that the bigger the U value the better the insulator so the glass door is a better insulator ans something else
Reply 42
Original post by berkin12
Agreed, the 6 mark question had very few space, so i ended up writing on the pink sheet... I got confused on the one with finding the frequency, i looked at the equation sheet and basically switched it around and got something like 120000, I can't remember exactly because i done a past paper before the exam and the same style question came up, so i might of mixed the answer with that

i got somethining like 120000 for tht question too :smile:
Reply 43
for the u value question about the wall and the window i wrote that the window had a higher u value then the wall so the wall is a better insulator because it keeps more heat energy in the house, and i wrote something about more energy is lost when they placed the window because of its high u value

what did you lot write for that question?
Reply 44
Original post by sykik
I put that the bigger the U value the better the insulator so the glass door is a better insulator ans something else

I thought it was the lower the U-Value the better it is at insulating??
Original post by Dougieowner

thats what i thought! i put that the double glazing transfers more energy!
Reply 46
Original post by Dougieowner

yeh i wrote the lower the u value the better the insulator and i just checked it in my revision guide its right :smile:
Reply 47

Yes. I can't remember, I think I put however much higher it was in the U-Value and what that meant and then rambled on about some other stuff which probably won't get marks. I don't remember loads...
Reply 48
I put that the efficiency stays the same because it was talking about weatehr which is unpredicatble!

Yeah I put where the wasted energy goes is not how efficient the vehicle is :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 49

Thats right
Reply 50
How did everyone find it?!? The paper wasn't too hard I guess.. but, i think that grade boundaries will increase higher.. Everyone in my school were like.. "that was so easy" But, i really don't know, how i found it... there were some questions there that were pretty weird.. But, there wasn't anything like shocking .. it was pretty simple.. and i actually thought that the questions got easier towards the end LOL! Plus, I did have 10 minutes spare at the end which was good, got to check all my answers! But, why do guys reckon you would get? :smile:
Reply 51
What is the question abt the efficiency of the car engines that loads of people wee alkin about?
Reply 52
Original post by Iain_F
Yeah I put where the wasted energy goes is not how efficient the vehicle is :smile:

What question was that about?
Original post by tabbs97
What is the question abt the efficiency of the car engines that loads of people wee alkin about?

For the efficiency I put it increased as the energy transfer was heat energy and this is useful as the point of a radiator is to heat up the surroundings so less energy was wasted. But you guys all got something different so now I think I'm wrong :confused:
that was strange because the u values for double glazing were higher meaning more energy transfer took place...what did you put?

I put the same - yes, that was confusing!
unofficial mark scheme anyoneee??
If you put the // thing with a key to indicate new paragraph would you lose marks on the 6 marker? :smile:
Original post by Chocolate addict
For the efficiency I put it increased as the energy transfer was heat energy and this is useful as the point of a radiator is to heat up the surroundings so less energy was wasted. But you guys all got something different so now I think I'm wrong :confused:

I put that too- well I said that there is less wasted energy
Reply 58
Original post by JediMaster1997
I put that too- well I said that there is less wasted energy

Yeh thats what I put, but other people said that the efficiency is the same. Do you or does anyone remeber what the question actually was?
Reply 59
Original post by tabbs97
Yeh thats what I put, but other people said that the efficiency is the same. Do you or does anyone remeber what the question actually was?

It was about the energy wasted form the engine heating the car. I put that it kept the efficiency the same because where the wasted energy goes isnt about the efficiency, but I think that the efficiency increased because it was usefully transferred by heat.

Latest

Trending

Trending