The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So what did everyone put about the Ethical Issues question? Some of my friends told me that concern would be raised because of the effect on the environment (because of greenhouse gas produced etc.) but surely thats an environmental issue right? :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by mattdennis
So what did everyone put about the Ethical Issues question? Some of my friends told me that concern would be raised because of the effect on the environment (because of greenhouse gas produced etc.) but surely thats an environmental issue right? :smile:

I put how we are using the earths natural resources, whilst poorer countries can not afford to or do not have these resources. Not sure if its the right answer and it was a really crappy question.
Original post by tabbs97
I put how we are using the earths natural resources, whilst poorer countries can not afford to or do not have these resources. Not sure if its the right answer and it was a really crappy question.

That seems like a decent answer actually, never thought about that! :P I put that "MEDC'S sometimes may take advantage over LEDC'S therefore it may become unfair" but i soon as i wrote it down I knew it was complete waffle with some added GCSE geography from last year!
Reply 63
I found that question really stupid!! Why couldn't they do the usual thing and give option boxes making us choose between social, ethical...? That would be much better:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you guys wrote about the radiator question and why it was painted black, did you write about how it was a good emitter or absorber energy?
Reply 65
Original post by theezacattac21
When you guys wrote about the radiator question and why it was painted black, did you write about how it was a good emitter or absorber energy?

A good emitter and thus a faster rate of energy transfer to warm up car more quickly than a white surface, as black is the best emitter

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 66
Original post by rosegarden
If you put the // thing with a key to indicate new paragraph would you lose marks on the 6 marker? :smile:

No you wouldn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Unofficial mark scheme anyone??
Reply 68
Original post by Pizza66
Unofficial mark scheme anyone??

I'm hoping for one too
Original post by thebeasty
I'm hoping for one too

And me!!
Reply 70
Ohh gosshh im dreading the wait until march and its only been one daaay!!! I wanna know my results nowwww:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Pizza66
Ohh gosshh im dreading the wait until march and its only been one daaay!!! I wanna know my results nowwww:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the date when the results are out?
What did you get for the 1st questions - you had to work out the total cost or something for the house?
Original post by JediMaster1997
What did you get for the 1st questions - you had to work out the total cost or something for the house?

£5
Reply 74
Original post by tabbs97
Yeh thats what I put, but other people said that the efficiency is the same. Do you or does anyone remeber what the question actually was?

yeh i wrote it makes it more efficient as well
Original post by abd190
yeh i wrote it makes it more efficient as well

How many questions did you have to put units in? I know there's the question were you have to put the units for frequency, but was there any more? Because I forgot to put any units :s
How many questions did you have to put units in? I know there's the question were you have to put the units for frequency, but was there any more? Because I forgot to put any units :s
Reply 77
Original post by infamous123

I think that it was just for frequency which was in Hz
oh that's good! Can't believe I forgot that! But know I know for P2 on the 25th not to forget units! Lesson learnt.
Reply 79
Original post by infamous123

yeh tht was the only one that i can remember. i think the question about specific heat capacity were you had to find the energy transferred i think you had to write J at the end for joules. Im not particularly sure about it :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending