The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infamous123
also for the question which asked about 2 ways which companies can reduce the amount of CO2; is putting 'burn less non-renewable sources such as coal' correct? also I put 'use more renewable energy sources'

Yes I think those are both right as well as carbon capture :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
also for the efficiency of the car question; I put it increases because less energy will be needed to heat the car; as the 'wasted' energy is being used usefully to heat the car.. something along those lines.. what did you guys put?
Yeah I put exactly that and I think it's correct however other ppl are saying that the efficiency stays the same but I don't know why they are putting that???

Posted from TSR Mobile
not sure.. but hopefully we can still get marks for explaining etc, even if it's the wrong option. Anyway most people in my school said increases..
Also for the question about the graph showing the temperature and energy transferred which one did you circle and explain? I circled 'decreases then goes constant' one..
Also for the question about the graph showing the temperature and energy transferred which one did you circle and explain? I circled 'decreases then goes constant' one..

OMG I circled that one as well because I thought that right at the end it levelled out at about 5.30 but most of my friends said they put it decreased so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
YAY! I'm not the only one I guess :smile:
YAY! I'm not the only one I guess :smile:

Lol but we're probably the only ones who got it wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think so! a lot of people in my school put that too
I don't think so! a lot of people in my school put that too

Oh really? I feel a lot better now :smile: Hopefully it's right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Q where you had to put either increase, decrease or decrease and stay the same what did you guys put. I put increase because it was talking about energy transfer and the graph showed that the energy was being transferred out of the building. My friends put that too.
Reply 111
Original post by Chocolate addict
Oh really? I feel a lot better now :smile: Hopefully it's right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG i did the same thing. I circled decrease then constant for the graph xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you think you can get a mark for circling the correct answer ;? assuming the explanation is bull** lol :wink:
do you think you can get a mark for circling the correct answer ;? assuming the explanation is bull** lol :wink:

That question was 2 marks so 1 mark is probably for circling the correct answer and 1 mark is for the explanation. Hopefully.... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
does anybody know when the unofficial mark scheme is available?
Original post by b_kot
does anybody know when the unofficial mark scheme is available?

I doubt there will be one available for a while. Consolation is results come out around March 7 so it's not too long :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocolate addict
I doubt there will be one available for a while. Consolation is results come out around March 7 so it's not too long :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He means unofficial (not the real one the one that random people on the student room make.
Original post by BrainJuice
He means unofficial (not the real one the one that random people on the student room make.

Yeah I know :smile: But the unofficial one probably won't be out for a while as I don't think anyone is really bothered to make it as this is only a GCSE not an A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you have to put any units for the first question (the calculations you had to do about the house)?
Also what was the total marks for the first page/questions for the calculations you have to do for the house?

Latest

Trending

Trending