The Student Room Group

Creative Writing Commentary. D:

Hello! Well, to put it simply I'm stuck.
I am doing AS level English Language, and I'm confused on how to write my commentary for my creative writing. I just... don't know how to start it. Or what to include. Me, being the stupid person that I am, have lost my sheet with the linguistic features which I have to highlight in my story and explain. Gaah.
D:
I'd be very greatful if you helped. :] In fact, I'd love you forever.
Also, Do you know where I could find an example of a commentary? (For a story?)

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You want to structure your commentary systematically, using the frameworks. You need to show how you've crafted the piece to accommodate for the GASP (Genre Audience Subject Purpose). I can send you my commentary, if you like. I achieved 87/90 in the coursework.
Reply 2
thatkidd
You want to structure your commentary systematically, using the frameworks. You need to show how you've crafted the piece to accommodate for the GASP (Genre Audience Subject Purpose). I can send you my commentary, if you like. I achieved 87/90 in the coursework.

Hey can u help me 2plz... bcoz im doin A.S english language n im stuck on my commentry.. i dnt hav a clue wat 2do...
Pr!Nc$s
Hey can u help me 2plz... bcoz im doin A.S english language n im stuck on my commentry.. i dnt hav a clue wat 2do...

No text speak, please =)

What are you specifically stuck on? Might help people to help you if you can be as specific as possible..
Reply 4
letsdothetimewarpagain
No text speak, please =)

What are you specifically stuck on? Might help people to help you if you can be as specific as possible..

SORRY!! im just use 2 text speech.... what does no1 use text speech here?
well... i dont know how to put pen to paper, im not sure how to start my work and what to include and how to include it....
i did a story about an earthquake as if iv been there while there was an earthauqake...
Reply 5
PLEASEE help me i done a story based on my sisters keeper and im REALLY stuck on the commentry :/
anyone????

xxxx
Fallacy
Hello! Well, to put it simply I'm stuck.
I am doing AS level English Language, and I'm confused on how to write my commentary for my creative writing. I just... don't know how to start it. Or what to include. Me, being the stupid person that I am, have lost my sheet with the linguistic features which I have to highlight in my story and explain. Gaah.
D:
I'd be very greatful if you helped. :] In fact, I'd love you forever.
Also, Do you know where I could find an example of a commentary? (For a story?)

Thank you!

To put it simply, a commentary is a piece of work in which you need to discuss the decisions you made while writing your creative piece. For example what influenced you on the story or plot, in the characters too. Also you need to talk about linguistic devices (if you've used any, say why not if you haven't) and things like form, structure and language. Things like mood and tone are also important things to talk about, as well a potential reader's interpretation of what you've written. If you need any more info, quote me in your reply.
Reply 7
Original post by thatkidd

I would be incredibly interested in seeing that piece of work. I know is has been a while since this post was made. But still, if you happen to come back across this please contact me :smile:
Reply 8

Hey major help needed on my commentary i am studying from home so i have found it have majourly! and help with the paticular things i need to include would be great :biggrin: thankyou!! :smile:
Reply 9
I need help with my commentary too if anyone has an
example I could just use to get the gist of it please post it
Reply 10
can you send me your commentary, so i have an idea as to what to do as i can't copy. I need this for my coursework (as language)

i'm really stuck!
Does anyone one know where I can get a checklist of sorts for a commentary, think it would be really helpful for planning. Or has anyone got one I can please use? SO STUCK! :frown:

Thank you!
Hi, I know it's been ages since this was posted and it's likely you don't have it anymore, but could you maybe give me some tips on how to write mine? I came into the course a few weeks late (I originally started lang/lit) and I'm trying to catch up with everyone else. Thanks
Original post by kam_789
can you send me your commentary, so i have an idea as to what to do as i can't copy. I need this for my coursework (as language)

i'm really stuck!

na do it yourself
you are so lazy bruh #banter
Original post by XXWilkozoidXX
na do it yourself

you bitches better come get some
ok then pal if you want some i'll get jordan brell on yo ass

areet then dickhead, i got 88

Can you send me your commentary too please
can you send me a narrative commmentary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending