The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9540
Original post by Ataloss
I just have the very strong impression that this guy is after 5 minutes of fame and I think it is totally blown out of all proportion.

Still think so much does not ring true.

Interesting also - his boyfriend although named clearly wants little to do with it with no quotes or photos of him.

His boyfriend is also on Twitter and is also badgering the Thistle account for updates, they've asked him to give them his phone number/email address. Have also made another tweet aimed at the other guy reassuring him of their investigation and that they do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. I was one of the thousands who were previously duped into believing what was orginally said. Wish I'd waited now.
Original post by Crisps
His boyfriend is also on Twitter and is also badgering the Thistle account for updates, they've asked him to give them his phone number/email address. Have also made another tweet aimed at the other guy reassuring him of their investigation and that they do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. I was one of the thousands who were previously duped into believing what was orginally said. Wish I'd waited now.

What's his boyfriend said Crisps?
Original post by Revd. Mike
Welcome! :wavey: Out of interest, where are you from?

I'm still sure there's more here than is being reported. Not to mention the fact that they still got a room with a double bed in it.

I'm from Trinidad and Tobago, in the Caribbean :smile:
Erm sorry to pipe in and change the subject here but I've just watched Weekend for the second time and it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite films.

Does anyone have any other LGBT movies that they recommend? (Minus Imagine me & you as I've seen that loads of times).
Reply 9544
Original post by Ataloss
What's his boyfriend said Crisps?

Nothing more than I've already said.
Original post by alexxturnerr
Erm sorry to pipe in and change the subject here but I've just watched Weekend for the second time and it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite films.

Does anyone have any other LGBT movies that they recommend? (Minus Imagine me & you as I've seen that loads of times).

I watched 'P.S. I love you' yesterday and that was pretty boring tbh, even though I usually like romantic movies :colondollar:

Making Love was pretty good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got all dressed up to go and meet friends. New clothes (bought specifically for this occasion), makeup, did my hair, the lot. On the way there I suddenly realised I couldn't remember if I'd shut my laptop down. So I had to tell my friends I couldn't make it after all and come all the way back home - where I discovered that I had in fact put the laptop away after all, and it had all been for nothing.

Today has been a complete waste of contact lenses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Prayers for Bobby" is a must see.
"Shelter" is good also (although more oriented to the male audience perhaps)

"10 inches at play" is definitely worth watching as well - but not with the family. :tongue: :getmecoat: PS - I've no idea if this movie actually exists - but I could resist the joke. :colondollar:
Original post by Elron1292
I'm from Trinidad and Tobago, in the Caribbean :smile:

Lucky you in so many ways (beautiful beaches, weather, people etc...) and unlucky in so many others (intolerance of homosexuality, intolerance generally).
Original post by Ataloss
Lucky you in so many ways (beautiful beaches, weather, people etc...) and unlucky in so many others (intolerance of homosexuality, intolerance generally).

The heat is relentless! I'm craving some chilly winds :P.

I know the UK is far more liberal with regards to homosexuality. However, is the liberalism reflected in the sub-cultural approach as well or more limited to legislation?
I feel like, once again, I've wasted a day. :erm:
Original post by Aek-94
I feel like, once again, I've wasted a day. :erm:

:redface:
Original post by Elron1292
The heat is relentless! I'm craving some chilly winds :P.

I know the UK is far more liberal with regards to homosexuality. However, is the liberalism reflected in the sub-cultural approach as well or more limited to legislation?

Having been to many Caribbean islands (not Trinidad and Tobago unfortunately) you will notice a massive difference in the UK.

It is largely reflected in the sub-cultural approach and is not purely legislative.
Original post by Ataloss
Having been to many Caribbean islands (not Trinidad and Tobago unfortunately) you will notice a massive difference in the UK.

It is largely reflected in the sub-cultural approach and is not purely legislative.

Oh, nice! I should definitely look forward to it then. Not that I'm 'camp' or anything. It's just gold to have peace of mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9555
Hey new person, hope you love coming to the UK. Also hey others.

I have had a nice day, now hanging out on the comfy seats at Schiphol (i heart this airport so much). Flight is delayed, but I don't really have a strict deadline so whatever.
Original post by dbmag9
Hey new person, hope you love coming to the UK. Also hey others.

I have had a nice day, now hanging out on the comfy seats at Schiphol (i heart this airport so much). Flight is delayed, but I don't really have a strict deadline so whatever.

Schiphol :coma:

which airline?
Reply 9557
Original post by Cool Cat
Schiphol :coma:

which airline?

EasyJet :colonhash:

Can't complain though, they do the job, and it's been a really fun weekend.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/24/cat-cafe-to-open-in-london-after-public-donates-100000-3511455/?ITO=facebook

A cat cafe to open in london :awesome:

I will have to go if it ever becomes a success.
Original post by dbmag9
EasyJet :colonhash:

Can't complain though, they do the job, and it's been a really fun weekend.

eh nothing wrong with Easyjet :tongue: they're my regular carrier :yy:

Amsterdam is awesome isn't it?

Latest